• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Zakalwe

Banned
If your team can't manage that, then you are going to lose, guaranteed. For our Firebase match, we never had a coordinated push and then obviously the round derailed completely due to our disagreement. Everyone gets 80% of the rep next time they win, so no worries. It's better to lose faster at that point, haha.

You use this fact all the time, but from the correct map control positions with two points held. Or else you have to get so many more kills than the other team that it's unlikely to work. Agree to disagree at this point it seems. I can't agree with any Firebase strat that involves capping + sitting on C.

Control sucks as a game mode. If the momentum starts rolling against you, it's very hard to stop (map control--> more kills --> more points for those kills --> more supers --> more kills --> more heavy --> more supers --> etc. etc. etc.). Interrogation in The Last of Us is a much better design: if one team gets ahead, the game becomes harder for them, not easier, which allows the other team to catch up and be competitive.

---------------------------------------
We know each other's personalities pretty well by now, and I certainly admit to being headstrong (as you put it during the match) and abrasive (as others have put it around here, ha) at times. "Passionate" is a more charitable way to put it, if people are so inclined (
thanks Lik :p
). But I'm also loyal to my people, and you are most certainly one of "my people" so I don't want any silly strat disagreement to get in the way of that. So I just logged off for now to prevent any further escalation but will most definitely be down to play anytime you feel like it. I <3 DGAF.

I would never hold a grudge about something so trivial, I think we're just destined (uh oh) to clash every now and then as you say. You're good people in my book.

Oh so you meant the last big budget movie that already is a classic. Not the last one that will become a classic, yes?

I had a few guys I used to play Destiny with, but they left a whole ago unfortunately. Capping and sitting on C won our team matches when we just couldn't get A. Instead of arguing it now, if we ever find ourselves in the same position again and a co-ordinated push doesn't work it we just can't seem to co-ordinate when we should be, then I'd like to show you what we did in those situations. Same for the other poison maps.

Of course, the very first strat should always be trying to take the point(s) with the obvious advantage, and you /always/ attempt to retake those points as soon as you get the opening.

-

Steroyd, you can lock some maps down, but all it takes is someone wandering a little too far and spawns start getting peppered about and it begins feeling random. I think the larger maps are a lost cause with the small player count, and certain maps just feel like a free for all (rusted lands, for example).

Sullichin

Fuck, out of motes and time and not happy with my Timurs Lash roll. Glad I managed to get it despite being on vacation though. Maybe I'll just reroll next IB.

When does the weekly reset happen?

Tuesday 4am EST

When's the weekly reset going to occur? Or has it happened already?

Tuesday @ 4 am EST

:lol (
Fig post
)

Does it matter how long? It's a fucking grind]

Ah, I getcha. haha yeah, even optimized farming is still... farming :-/

Honestly, a well oiled glimmer farm is pretty damn fun to me. Sprinting in 30 second circles super'ing the fuck out of those lousy Vex that fucked me up so bad on VoG launch day. I dig it.

I've not gotten IB drops :(

I gave up at rank 4. Does a ship count as a IB drop?

Yeah, the not-so-magical magic doesn't seem to kick in until at least rank 3+ so you probably didn't get many matches with decent potential drop rate.

Ship only counts if it's an IB ship like the Spaaaceee Buuuuusssss, which I finally got this time.

SkylineRKR

Did the Eris bounty for 3 motes for a final roll. Rolled an Arc Radegast which is what I wanted. But its perks suck (Mulligan and spray and play). I take it for now.

Anyone down for Gatekeeper glimmer farming tonight?

I will be on after 9pm EST, so I will post again.

I have the checkpoint. IB has burned a whole in my glimmer wallet.

patchday

I will say, I do have fun when I'm actually playing the game. Doing Iron Banner with 6 Defender Titans and throwing up bubbles over and over again was the most fun I've ever had with the game. But you go from that high to the low of glimmer farming for 2 hours and suddenly you realize the game wants you to play it even when it's not even fun.

Ah yes a fellow Destiny complainer/fan :)

What you just said right there is the key. Bungie/Activision wants for us to play for a long time so that our friends on our list sees us playing it. Even though you and I might not be having fun whatsoever grinding glimmer at the VoG GK checkpoint or Exclusion Zone, our friends will see us playing the game all the time and wonder, "Damn, that Destiny must be like crack! Even though he is complaining bout the game he keeps playing! Maybe I should get a tatse of that?"

I know I got tired of Iron Banner (it's just much crappy grinding to do in 1 fucking week but I got it done) I was still online all the time. Perhaps this increases some stat that Activision wants to see and their marketing can brag bout it. Even though we're virtually held hostage in IB. If I were a smarter dude I'd just skip IB and I would've. But the fuckers in this thread mentioned the +36 light gauntlets and made it sound like it would save a bunch of time to get it. I think in the long run I should've just ran Crota instead.

But oh well I do like my new IB swag I can't lie. I love how the gaunts and new Titan mark looks. So what I can say I am a slave to the grind.

spyder_ur

I would never hold a grudge about something so trivial, I think we're just destined (uh oh) to clash every now and then as you say. You're good people in my book.

I'm glad you guys have worked it out. I was worried it was serious there because noone was laughing at my jokes.

Chatterwhite just looks bad, period. Like the Crota emblem, it was only cool for like a week until everyone had it. Hipster Destiny.

I'm glad you guys have worked it out. I was worried it was serious there because noone was laughing at my jokes.

Me and astro go way back (in Destiny time). Our personalities occasionally clash as he said, no worries. Which means... maybe the issue was your jokes? haha :p

stb

The IB banners and shaders give the same % increase right? E.g. Goldspiral doesn't give more of a boost than Million Million?

So does a medallion give 40 rep and a regular win gets 50 rep?

I'm 165 rep away from Rank 5 with 2 medallions.

50 + 40 + 40 = 130 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 = 173

1 more win! Now I really can't wait to get off of work. Then Obsidian Mind + Nova Bomb my way to rank 4 next with another char.

Even with the lag and frustrations that PvP brings, the competitive nature of Iron Banner is just so fun.

I have a problem ...

6CmVeHi.png

I spent a few hours last night farming the Ogre in Shrine of Oryx and the Hydra in the Black Garden just so I could get some more grimiore scores... trying to max it out... still working on shotgun kills... taking so long... feel energy drain...

I am...

losing life... to De....st....iny

Lol I plan to do the same soon. How long did it take you exactly

Rank 5 on IB with my Titan. I got to the point where I started screaming at my TV when I would hear "A Neutralized - A Captured". Titan bubbles feel pretty damn useless against decent teams. I don't get how Nova Bombs and Titan Smashes can break the bubble AND kill you. I sure as shit can't kill them once the animation starts up. And what's the deal with the Warlock Scorch Melee? I feel like they could OHK when I had full health and Armor of Light.

Anyway, now if I play, it will be with my grenade spamming Warlock.

Anastasis

So I have barely touched this game since launch week. Life got busy and between that and other games I just never got back to Destiny. Am I so far behind that I'm going to have to grind for a while to catch up with people. I'm assuming people are busy doing the latest raid. I figure if the commitment is too big at this point I'll move on to another game.

Destiny shines when playing with other people. Although I haven't used it yet, the site www.the100.io is supposed to be pretty good to get you started playing with people of a similar level. Also make sure to follow guides on leveling so you don't get frustrated with getting stuck (there's a great one in the OP by Hawkian). Once you are around level 27 I think you'll find ample opportunity to play with those on this thread. The community here is amazing and there are always groups that are willing to take people on their first raid.

You may be 4.5 months behind, but Destiny will be a 10 year marathon. You'll be fine.

Chatterwhite just looks bad, period. Like the Crota emblem, it was only cool for like a week until everyone had it. Hipster Destiny.

Me and astro go way back (in Destiny time). Our personalities occasionally clash as he said, no worries. Which means... maybe the issue was your jokes? haha :p

Hey my hunter's ass looks frabjous in chattewhite. And it's great that no one uses it anymore. It means I can actually stick out. I bet everyone will be using sunsetting soon. What will guys do then? WHERE'S YOUR DINKLEGOD NOW?

Namikaze1

Rank 5 on IB with my Titan. I got to the point where I started screaming at my TV when I would hear "A Neutralized - A Captured". Titan bubbles feel pretty damn useless against decent teams. I don't get how Nova Bombs and Titan Smashes can break the bubble AND kill you. I sure as shit can't kill them once the animation starts up. And what's the deal with the Warlock Scorch Melee? I feel like they could OHK when I had full health and Armor of Light.

I don't know. Titan bubbles helped tremendously in being slight distractions. Idiots would focus on destroying the bubble not knowing that there's someone sneaking up right behind them with a shotty.

Golden gunners are also vulnerable while you shotgun a striker in the face from point blank range and they hit the emergency R1+ L1 and miraculously survive with a sliver of health while they destroy your entire team

Golden gunners are also vulnerable while you shotgun a striker in the face from point blank range and they hit the emergency R2 + L2 and miraculously survive with a sliver of health while they destroy your entire team

Pffft... R2 L2...

But yeah, FoH is the most annoying super period. I don't particularly like using it either.

patchday

Once I figured out that usually you only get bout 2-3 decent folks on the IB random team and the rest will be way below 1.0 K/D spread. I switched to um, the offensive Titan build (Striker). After taking the 2 Control points I go on a search mission and kill the enemies as much as possible to make up for the poor performing teammates that keep running around get getting killed. If I could hit bout 3.0+ K/D spread that almost secured victory.

I think bubbles are much more effective when you're a member of a coordinated team and you're blocking off entraces to absorb Nova bombs, AoE, and other crap. A defender titan is good but I think a striker with Shoulder Charge can pull more kills. Defender does have those useful sticky grenades tho.

Randoms = Striker titan might be more effective
Organized Team - Defender

My back hurts from all that carrying I did. Should've joined a GAF IB steamroll

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I had a lot of success playing with randoms in IB during the first few days. I think the more hardcore PvPers played a ton the first few days, and then the more casual players played the last few days over the weekend. Once I hit rank 5 IB was dead to me.

Ryck

I need help today GAF. I am on a quest to get the Fatebringer before the reset. I need a hard mode Templar checkpoint and five brave souls to try and beat him three times. I'll be on in about an hour. Anyone willing?

PS4
1. Ryck007
2. silvertoguebr
3. HAL-x9000
4. CraigerGamer

Reposting to the new page and also I am online now.

So anyone with a templar hard mode CP they would be willing to share?

We had a team with 3 Titan Bubbles with the perk that gens orbs when shot. That helped a ton! We had super for minutes straight. Once you know they have Titan Smash, you use the bubble as a distraction for than anything.

I miss playing with my Titan. He doesn't need gloves so I had to leave him in the darkness this whole week :(

ethomaz

Banned
I reached Rank 3 with randoms playing really great... I did avg. 3000 points per match so it helped my random team.

From Rank 3 to Rank 4 (it needed just more 1400 rep) I was thinking to play 10 matches but I got awesome randoms again and in 4 matches I did with the help of the bounties.

It was really fast to reach Rank 4.

PS. I was most using SUROS because the AR bounty... so I did every day the AR, melee and Machinegun bounties... reached Rank 4 on Saturday.

Top Bottom