• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Daemul

Holy crap! You guys exist?!

Tell me, how is on Pulse Rifle land?

It's good. I did get some grief in VoG raid groups early on in the games life cycle for using a Pulse Rifle, but that always came to a quick end when I topped the scoreboard by a wide margin with well over 200+ kills at the Conflux+Templar stage.

Git gud is pretty much the only advice I can give to people who think Pulse Rifles suck. Don't get me wrong, there are many duds, but too many people take those duds as proof that Pulse Rifles as a whole suck, something which they don't do for any of the other weapon classes and their duds.

Carbonox

Had my best ever Iron Banner round earlier. 7.0 k/d. Absolutely tore everyone a new one. I seriously need a new Auto-Rifle though, Payback SOS or whatever it's called fucking stinks for PVP (useful for PVE though). Got fucking nothing from the match though. :lol

EMHDRp6.jpg

Ophelion

You'd be surprised just how many of us there actually is. I remember Destiny Trackers last stats dump showed that more people used Pulse Rifles than Scout Rifles.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? That's crazy. I gravitated to the Pulse Rifles out the gate because of my love of the Halo 2 Battle Rifle, but it is not the same. If you're going to use something that puts out fewer bullets than an Auto, best to make sure those bullets go to the spot you're freaking pointing at. Scout or "I'm not a very good shot, but this fires really big bullets" hand cannon all the way.

That said, from 20, I've almost exclusively been rocking Auto Rifles with good stability. You can just hose em down in a pinch or, in more controlled situations, focus that hose right on their face. Seems to get the job done.

Trakan

It's good. I did get some grief in VoG raid groups early on in the games life cycle for using a Pulse Rifle, but that always came to a quick end when I topped the scoreboard by a wide margin with well over 200+ kills at the Conflux+Templar stage.

Git gud is pretty much the only advice I can give to people who think Pulse Rifles suck. Don't get me wrong, there are many duds, but too many people take those duds as proof that Pulse Rifles as a whole suck, something which they don't do for any of the other weapon classes and their duds.

So which ones are good then?

Jinjo

I didn't even bother with the rocket launcher. Hunger and Gjallar give me all I need.

Ah, for some reason I thought you were talking about this thread lol.

I have a Gjallar for every toon, just no good replacement legendary RL's in case I wanted to switch out to another exotic. Only have one Hunger on my Titan. Got both RL's that way first reroll and had cash to blow so I bought a third to play the rolling game with next time lol. I really wanted an arc/void RL too, was fed up of all good RL's being solar.

inthrall

Had my best ever Iron Banner round earlier. 7.0 k/d. Absolutely tore everyone a new one. I seriously need a new Auto-Rifle though, Payback SOS or whatever it's called fucking stinks for PVP (useful for PVE though).

At least you have one beyond the Husk of the Pit upgrade...

Steroyd

Last match I became one with my hunter, I had a zen moment where my last Word plus knife plus super all combined into one kill streak of awesomeness.

... wait a minute... *squints* Fig? Fig!? FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG!!!

Namikaze1

Last match I became one with my hunter, I had a zen moment where my last Word plus knife plus super all combined into one kill streak of awesomeness.

... wait a minute... *squints* Fig? Fig!? FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG!!!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hydruxo

I just never felt like the pulse rifles I've used did enough damage to justify being used over a hand cannon, ar, or even scout. Red Death is an exception, I like that gun because it just feels right when you shoot it. Most pulses I've used feel like I'm shooting a burst of bb pellets. I won't say pulses suck because I think they can be used properly in the right hands, but they're certainly in need of a buff IMO.

SkylineRKR

IB sniper worth it?

Its sick. Impact is the same as Black Hammer.

I rolled it in Arc, with Spray and Play, perfect balance and Final Round. Every last shot is an insta kill in PvP, and the subsequent reload is near instant. Even for PvE it means a final round bonus every 3 shots. Works better in PvE than Black Hammer except for the lack of White Nail (which is mostly useful on bosses).

I would've liked Field Scout for PvE, but that would somewhat negate Final Round. So I keep it like this. My new favourite sniper hands down.

Daemul

So which ones are good then?
I gave a list of the five best in the previous page.

Just remember, Pulse Rifles won't suit everyone's style of play, and if you normally use auto rifles, you'll need some time adjusting to them.

I've reached the point where I can no longer use auto rifles because I've become so accustomed to pulse rifles and how they function. I tried using the Suros last night and I kept trying to fire it like pulse rifle lol. I've just vaulted it for good now.

Acorn

Its sick. Impact is the same as Black Hammer.

I rolled it in Arc, with Spray and Play, perfect balance and Final Round. Every last shot is an insta kill in PvP, and the subsequent reload is near instant. Even for PvE it means a final round bonus every 3 shots. Works better in PvE than Black Hammer except for the lack of White Nail (which is mostly useful on bosses).

I would've liked Field Scout for PvE, but that would somewhat negate Final Round. So I keep it like this.
Time to pray rngesus

Just remember, Pulse Rifles won't suit everyone's style of play, and if you normally use auto rifles, you'll need some time adjusting to them.

I've reached the point where I can no longer use auto rifles because I've become so accustomed to pulse rifles and how they function. I tried using the Suros last night and I kept trying to fire it like pulse rifle lol. I've just vaulted it for good now.
A 50 per page mouth breather I see.

Ophelion

Ok, so this is kind of like what I do with Auto Rifles, but the thing I favor about the Auto is that I start counting how many rounds it takes to down a particular enemy and then I fire a burst with approximately that many rounds at that enemy every time. Sometimes that's three, sometimes it's five, sometimes its "hold the trigger down till it stops twitching and I stop wanting to cry like a little baby." It just seems more efficient.

SkylineRKR

Took me a weekend of IB to fully appreciate that Hard Light sucks for PvP

Vanquisher VIII will be mine this week

Oh yes. My best Mark waste in ages.

Vendor Vanquisher VIII is FUCKING good. Once I maxed it I took it as my primary in IB, to place Plan C or Truth on my other slots. No problems keeping up with Suros. The glass half full + spray and play is just so good on this small mag. I don't miss Field Scout at all. The bonus kicks in quickly enough and the reload is nothing to worry about. Just never do it manually.

Everyone into AR should level New Monarchy asap.

Trakan

Since I primarily use Pulse Rifles I'll make the list for you.

1.Red Death
2.Three Little Words
3.Super Pox VLO
4.Fair & Square
5.Strangers Rifle

Is this strictly for PVP? Because you can't even get two of those anymore, and the stranger's rifle isn't viable for PVE late game.

Oh yes. My best Mark waste in ages.

Vendor Vanquisher VIII is FUCKING good. Once I maxed it I took it as my primary in IB, to place Plan C or Truth on my other slots. No problems keeping up with Suros. The glass half full + spray and play is just so good on this small mag. I don't miss Field Scout at all. The bonus kicks in quickly enough and the reload is nothing to worry about. Just never do it manually.

Everyone into AR should level New Monarchy asap.

What's the damage like on the bottom half of the clip in crucible?

Stubo

Today was strange, I only wanted to get 3 weekly heroics done to get my 27 coins. Got a legendary engram from the 2nd of 3 and scooped a freaking PRAXIC!
I'm so sorry, Todd :(

Then 3x gorgons chest and I got the Universal Remote. Now I only need to find Hard Light and finally do the last step of the Thorn bounty and I have all exotic weapons.

I never have this sort of luck, RNGesus has smiled upon me. A productive day indeed!

Edit: If it's any consolation, the roll kinda sucks. 127 max.

SkylineRKR

Is this strictly for PVP? Because you can't even get two of those anymore, and the stranger's rifle isn't viable for PVE late game.

What's the damage like on the bottom half of the clip in crucible?

I haven't tested it in regular crucible but I think its 30's or so.

But its just a very good gun, one of the best AR in the game, with very good handling too.

Coconut

Banned
I get my build looks super sweet and you want to piggyback on my power but I'm sorry eruffdaddy but I will not be taking your out of nowhere gameplay request.

Getting back on for some IB now.

You'd be surprised just how many of us there actually is. I remember Destiny Trackers last stats dump showed that more people used Pulse Rifles than Scout Rifles.

There are dozens of us. DOZENS! nevernude.gif

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lol, holy cow. Amazing.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'm so desperate for more vault space. This is getting unmanageable. I don't see how I can handle all this stuff after house of wolves hits.

Top Bottom