• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Greenymac

Starting two weekly heroics in 20 to 30 mins. If anyone needs to finish feel free to jump in or post here and Ill send you an invite. Only one spot available.

Oh yes. My best Mark waste in ages.

Vendor Vanquisher VIII is FUCKING good. Once I maxed it I took it as my primary in IB, to place Plan C or Truth on my other slots. No problems keeping up with Suros. The glass half full + spray and play is just so good on this small mag. I don't miss Field Scout at all. The bonus kicks in quickly enough and the reload is nothing to worry about. Just never do it manually.

Everyone into AR should level New Monarchy asap.

I can't wait to get it, but I just keep finding better things to do then grind for Crucible marks. I had 11 before IB, and then I maxed out for this week. So now I'm up to 111, but now we're going into the release of Hard Mode for Crota.

Daemul

I just never felt like the pulse rifles I've used did enough damage to justify being used over a hand cannon, ar, or even scout. Red Death is an exception, I like that gun because it just feels right when you shoot it. Most pulses I've used feel like I'm shooting a burst of bb pellets. I won't say pulses suck because I think they can be used properly in the right hands, but they're certainly in need of a buff IMO.

It really depends on the pulse rifles you use. If you use the good ones(middling ROF, high impact), then with one trigger pull, you would outdamage a scout rifle like the VoC, I'm not sure about HC's. You have to remember, one trigger pull of a Pulse Rifle is three bullets, which each do the exact same damage.

So you have a maxed out VoC which does 900 crit damage iirc, and a maxed out top tier pulse rifle like Three Little Words which does around 440 per bullet, which is 1220 damage per trigger pull, you are dishing out significant more damage. This won't matter much against mobs, but against ultras and majors you'll start noticing it greatly.

Red Death since its impact nerf actually hits less harder than its high impact PR cousins, not to mention has it less range and more recoil, so that's definitely a perception issue. If someone can use Red Death then they should have no problem using Three Little Words, Super Vox or Fair and Square, which hit harder and are easier to handle.

PR's don't actually need to be buffed, Bungie just needs to get rid of the useless high ROF, low impact ones. They cannot do anything to the higher impact pulse rifles without neutering their impact like the did to Red Death(something which they will rectify), and I'd rather not have that. If people want to use weapons with a higher ROF, then there's a product for them, we call them auto rifles.

JTran2003

I'm so desperate for more vault space. This is getting unmanageable. I don't see how I can handle all this stuff after house of wolves hits.

Wish they would. Been wanting to collect some of the rare and legendary weapons but limited space forces me to dismantle them...

SkylineRKR

What did your second one reroll at?

I got one for each character lol. The second Timur I got is definitely the best though (Outlaw, FS, Crowd Control). That one is for my Titan. My Warlock gets actually my first Timur, which is Rangefinder - FS - Grenadier. For my max intellect/discipline fusion nadespam build. The one that remains (S&P - FS - Third Eye) goes to my Hunter, but I might reroll that one next IB.

Got two grenades and horsehoes - flared magwell - clown cartridge Radaghast Fury's too. One in Void and one on Arc. Bought a third but that's still a stock one. All outta motes lol.

Yeah thats exactly my roll. Its fucking amazing.

Also love my Spray and Play + Luck version for PvP because Perfect balance is on the middle row.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
One more victory with my hunter in Iron banner, I can reach rank 3, buy the chest piece and finally be done with it
you particularly like the chest piece, or don't have a 33 light one yet?

I actually kinda want the hunter one for looks, but no way I'll be able to get him to rank 3 tonight in addition to all the IB my warlock needs to do :)

Agent

Any IB groups that have an open space? Just got home from work and I'm on a mission to hopefully get the sniper to drop. PSN: phantom8324

SkylineRKR

It really depends on the pulse rifles you use. If you use the good ones(middling ROF, high impact), then with one trigger pull, you would outdamage a scout rifle like the VoC, I'm not sure about HC's. You have to remember, one trigger pull of a Pulse Rifle is three bullets, which each do the exact same damage.

So you have a maxed out VoC which does 900 crit damage iirc, and a maxed out top tier pulse rifle like Three Little Words which does around 440 per bullet, which is 1220 damage per trigger pull, you are dishing out significant more damage. This won't matter much against mobs, but against ultras and majors you'll start noticing it greatly.

Red Death since its impact nerf actually hits less harder than its high impact PR cousins, not to mention has it less range and more recoil, so that's definitely a perception issue. If someone can use Red Death then they should have no problem using Three Little Words, Super Vox or Fair and Square, which hit harder and are easier to handle.

PR's don't actually need to be buffed, Bungie just needs to get rid of the useless high ROF, low impact ones. They cannot do anything to the higher impact pulse rifles without neutering their impact like the did to Red Death(something which they will rectify), and I'd rather not have that. If people want to use weapons with a higher ROF, then there's a product for them, we call them auto rifles.

I was happy with Red Death change at first (ROF is higher) but now I see a 2 burst just doesn't cut it which is usually why I lose to Suros or Vex.

No wonder why Bungie erased its Guardian Killer line (its really gone).

Anyone wanna do Weekly 30 Strike? Haven't had the chance to play all week, though I'm sure most have already done it since shit resets tonight.

PSN: Hero_1985_

LTWood12

In remembrance of those of us blessed with our first (and 2nd) Ice Breaker over this past weekend, I'm declaring the third Friday in January every year "No Back-Pack Day."

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was happy with Red Death change at first (ROF is higher) but now I see a 2 burst just doesn't cut it which is usually why I lose to Suros or Vex.

No wonder why Bungie erased its Guardian Killer line (its really gone).
Red Death still seems pretty damn awesome to me *shrug* I lose to the Vex with Hawkmoon plenty of the time too.
Gaffers pls. Why are so many of you doing IB solo. ;_; Anyone want to get a team together?

IB Crucibulldozer.

1.) some jerk
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
Yes, this is happening.

Alright, I sent out some party chat invites, we'll see how many people we actually get for now, might have a full team.

I'm chilling in orbit, feel free to join whenever people are ready.

Today was strange, I only wanted to get 3 weekly heroics done to get my 27 coins. Got a legendary engram from the 2nd of 3 and scooped a freaking PRAXIC!
I'm so sorry, Todd :(

Then 3x gorgons chest and I got the Universal Remote. Now I only need to find Hard Light and finally do the last step of the Thorn bounty and I have all exotic weapons.

I never have this sort of luck, RNGesus has smiled upon me. A productive day indeed!

Edit: If it's any consolation, the roll kinda sucks. 127 max.

You never have luck huh? You have every exotic weapon lol

Oh yes. My best Mark waste in ages.

Vendor Vanquisher VIII is FUCKING good. Once I maxed it I took it as my primary in IB, to place Plan C or Truth on my other slots. No problems keeping up with Suros. The glass half full + spray and play is just so good on this small mag. I don't miss Field Scout at all. The bonus kicks in quickly enough and the reload is nothing to worry about. Just never do it manually.

Everyone into AR should level New Monarchy asap.

Only "glass half full" that actually did more damage was the suros perk which pretty much DOUBLED your damage output by your last round. It was so good. With AR's I usually see a 1-3 point increase in damage which is super weak

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I think we are full up now or actually have too many so if you guys want to start a new group or just hop in as replacements whenever someone has to drop?

Apologies for any confusion, there's always some craziness when starting up a group.

But only 4 people replied to you...

Nvm. It's cool.

I think we are full up now or actually have too many so if you guys want to start a new group or just hop in as replacements whenever someone has to drop?

Apologies for any confusion, there's always some craziness when starting up a group.

So you really are a jerk! Haha jk yea I totally understand that
:p

BokehKing

Banned

Fack, that was you who just sent me in an I vote, dammit, the girl called and was just bullshitting in the tower, if a group is running I'll tag along to get rank four and get that hunter hood I have not had since the beta

Speaking of the beta, remember when iron banner was only 2 hours, twice a day

Hoodbury

Gaffers pls. Why are so many of you doing IB solo. ;_;

I played in a party this morning with Fig and Colonels son and other gaffers and couldn't even get a .5 KDR. We couldn't win a match to save our soles, got 5 medallions twice I believe. Went solo after that and first match I get a 5 kdr, then a bunch of other great games. Now I'm one victory away from rank 4 and I just started today.

I thought at first when we were partied it was because I was only level 30 that I couldn't kill anyone. But once I went solo it's obvious it was just lag. The lag is soooooo much worse when partied up.

I played in a party this morning with Fig and Colonels son and other gaffers and couldn't even get a .5 KDR. We couldn't win a match to save our soles, got 5 medallions twice I believe. Went solo after that and first match I get a 5 kdr, then a bunch of other great games. Now I'm one victory away from rank 4 and I just started today.

I thought at first when we were partied it was because I was only level 30 that I couldn't kill anyone. But once I went solo it's obvious it was just lag. The lag is soooooo much worse when partied up.

The other day fig was with us and the same thing happened. Hmm...

Atkison04

So for the Timor from iron banner, is outlaw, field Scout and Luck in the chamber a good roll? Just wanted some gaf input before it's too late to roll some more.

Noricart

So does anyone in this thread play on Xbone?
Because it would be nice to have people to play with
and I want to do the VoG raid but have no friends that play :(

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So for the Timor from iron banner, is outlaw, field Scout and Luck in the chamber a good roll? Just wanted some gaf input before it's too late to roll some more.

I would love that roll. Basically the weapons weakness is its mag size and reload speed so you've got that all covered.

Atkison04

I would love that roll. Basically the weapons weakness is its mag size and reload speed so you've got that all covered.

Thanks bro. I felt content with that roll but you never know. I assume firefly is not a perk that can be rolled from what I've read in the thread. I would have kept rolling for that. Thanks for your input man!

Damn finished today's bounties in 2 iron banner games. Well besides Melee, I still haven't completed the one from Tuesday. Timurs lash why you cost so much

But only 4 people replied to you...

Nvm. It's cool.

Yeah, sorry that's what I meant by confusion since there are also people on PSN who are hopping in etc. I really should just wait for thread replies but sometimes you don't get enough replies to start it up since there may or may not be enough IB-people in the thread at the time.

Apologies again.

Top Bottom