• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Agent

I give up on trying to get the Iron Banner sniper. I barely saw it drop for anyone when I played.

I'm going to be happy with my very lucky Outlaw, Field Scout, and Crowd Control Timur's Lash roll.

Bring on the reset.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Iron Banner:
I got to level 5 with my Hunter and level 4 with my Warlock and only got a single weapon drop this time.
Trying to figure out if I need that rocket launcher at all.

I think I only have time to purchase two of the following:
1. Rocket launcher
2. Gloves for my Warlock
3. Timurs Lash

Namikaze1

Omnigul is the last of Crota's generals. She is the architect of her master's awakening. As long as she lives, the threat of Crota's return will haunt this world. Track her down and exterminate every Hive that stands in your way.

rNilla

Omnigul is the last of Crota's generals. She is the architect of her master's awakening. As long as she lives, the threat of Crota's return will haunt this world. Track her down and exterminate every Hive that stands in your way.
Getting ready for no burn 'gul strike tomorrow?

tumblr_m0aks4GN5E1qfc9ah.gif

patchday

eh I never gave the L32 advantage thing any thought (in IB). I was L31 most of the time but somtimes I'd put on L30 gear to give them some xp

Ruze789

It's pretty ridiculous the advantage a 32 has in IB even compared to a 31. I felt so underpowered in most of the games this morning. Makes me miss regular Crucible.

I didn't play with my 31 warlock at all, and played with my 29 Titan and 28/29 Hunter. I had to play really smart to get ahead, whenever I'd make dumb decisions I'd get crushed.

patchday

I was going to keep grinding IB for the the Lash, but I've decided to tempt fate and hope for the Crota handcanon.

I did get an awesome new ship and an awesome Efrideet's spear though. And my 36 gloves for my warlock.

IB RNG deemed I was worthy of a new ship and SILMAR's Wrath

I got no idea what I'm doing though in regards to resetting the attributes (like whaty's the best).

I settled on Counterbalance and Grenadier. meh, maybe I should to reroll for the radar while scoping

Namikaze1

Dear Bungie,

I'll do anything for Winter's Run to be Nightfall/Weekly this week. Anything! Just please for the love of God, don't make it Wil of Crota!

Ever yours,
Darth RNGesus

GRIP

Thanks to everyone who joined for Crota, took as a few tries including one where Crota was left with, I don't know, like 1 pixel of energy, but eventually we got him.

Thanks for getting that group together man. Yeah, we got a little unlucky a few times, but at least we got him. All I got were shards, but now I have enough to get to 32 whenever I finally get a chest or helmet.

I'm not talking about damage multipliers. I'm talking about level 32s with maxed gear having about a 100 point boost to their armor rating compared to the average 31. Trust me, there is a distinct advantage to being a 32. If there wasn't, there'd be no point in level advantages which is the whole point of IB.

There is no distinct advantage. Almost everyone that plays iron banner and would match with a 32 is like a 31 1/2. The 4% difference in the armor is nothing. There is no point in Iron Banner the way it's currently set up.

Arrrammis

There is no distinct advantage. Almost everyone that plays iron banner and would match with a 32 is like a 31 1/2. The 4% difference in the armor is nothing. There is no point in Iron Banner the way it's currently set up.

even the wider level gaps seem to have been reduced. In the last Iron Banner, players who were more than 4 levels away from their target just saw question marks for level, and couldn't damage them at all. There were major advantages to being leveled up, as Iron Banner should be. This time, my 32 warlock has still been one-shotted by grenades from lvl. 25's. (tripmine/sunsinger). It really feels like they dropped most of the advantages this time.

Namikaze1

Please be Void tomorrow! We haven't had a Void burn in 3+ weeks now. Last week was Arc, the week before that was no burn, and the week before that one was Solar.

It's gonna be Solar.

pedr0theli0n

Neo Member
Alright, so impact is supposed to be your real "damage" right? So shouldn't taking the armor piercing rounds perk on bad juju which appears to bump up impact increase the damage I do? Doesn't seem to be the case. I swear for how many hours I've put into this game the weapon stats are still fucking confusing as shit to me.

Arrrammis

Alright, so impact is supposed to be your real "damage" right? So shouldn't taking the armor piercing rounds perk on bad juju which appears to bump up impact increase the damage I do? Doesn't seem to be the case. I swear for how many hours I've put into this game the weapon stats are still fucking confusing as shit to me.

I don't think it boosts the impact enough for it to move up noticeably. I usually just ignore AP rounds, unless there's nothing at all useful in the tree. It's ok, seems to stagger enemies a bit more, but doesn't do more damage in my experience.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Bungie's done their best to make you never feel like much of a badass in this game. The scaling is too aggressive. Wouldn't want people to mow through levels after leveling up..gotta keep recycling that content.

Bogeypop

AgentX-2008, you were the first Sunsinger other than myself that I've ever seen in PUG Roc Strikes use your Super offensively instead of hoarding it for when you fuck up. I will remember you always.
Ck6ZUig.png

spyder_ur

Alright...time to start rolling my Lashes.

Should I keep one as stock?

Got one as Spray and Play, Field Scout/Magwell/High Caliber, and Final Round. Worth keeping?

Arrrammis

Damn... I just realized that Planetside 2 beta for PS4 launches tomorrow. I guess I might be taking a break from Destiny sooner than I thought.

Daigoro

got the arms for my Warlock, Gold Spiral, Timurs with Outlaw, and the Spear with Unflinching and Firefly. had to farm to get the arms, shader, and the handgun. had barely enough time to afford those.

overall, not a bad event. had some ups and down, but im left feeling satisfied. wish i could have grinded for arms for my Hunter as well. those Raid arms are so fucking ugly. Crota gear for hunters is some tacky shit.

Do you honestly expect me to do what that one guy did when he got Hawkmoon?

you said "Anything!".

Top Bottom