• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Dave_6

Im a little over half way to rank 4, I've lost 3 in a row now it's fucking brutal

Yeah it's been terrible tonight, with lag on top of everything else. I should have started before last night and I could have been to rank 5 before the weekend was over.

Timurs lash with outlaw, field scout and luck in the chamber. Sound good?

Would like crowd control over luck in the chamber. But still good.

Wait. Is firefly a possible roll?

Navy Bean

Timurs lash with outlaw, field scout and luck in the chamber. Sound good?

Would like crowd control over luck in the chamber. But still good.

Wait. Is firefly a possible roll?
I have those exact perks. It's great, definitely keep. You can also not use field scout to increase luck in the chamber.

I played a good amount of iron banner today and yesterday and after several rolls ended up with -

Timur's Lash
Zen Moment
Armor Piercing Rounds / Single Point Sling / Explosive Rounds
Luck in the Chamber

Efrideet's Spear (void)
Unflinching
Lightweight / Armor Piercing Rounds / Custom Optics
Firefly

Timur's Lash
Range Finder
Perfect Balance / Flared Magwell / Field Scout
Luck in the chamber

Are these pretty much the best I could hope for? I was thinking about rerolling the sniper, but I'm running out of motes of light.

My favorite perks are explosive rounds and field scout, I'm guessing there isn't a way to get them together.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
about halfway through rank 5 too, notbad.jpg

will probably get there, taking a small break now though. bought the gloves. I'm actually thinking I might get the RL and reroll for a void one for my warlock, and skip timur's lash this time around. Won't have enough glimmer for it anyway without farming.

thanks for some great matches errybody :)

Awesome!

Just rolled Radegasts Fury with tracking, field scout and spray and play.

Also with the IB Gauhtlets my Titan stats are 80% intellect and 60% for discipline and strength.

Perfect!

Future

Trying to do some roc strikes to farm some glimmer and do some exotic bounties... Man. 3 out of 4 times someone quits. Damn Bungie for giving no awareness of the next map until it's already loading and having no voting systems. Just encouraging people to quit all the time

What rolls should I try for with the Timurs Lash 331 attack version.

I got Ragefinder, Explosive Rounds, and Feeding Frenzy. That looks good to me but wondering if I should try something else.

Trying to do some roc strikes to farm some glimmer and do some exotic bounties... Man. 3 out of 4 times someone quits. Damn Bungie for giving no awareness of the next map until it's already loading and having no voting systems. Just encouraging people to quit all the time

yeah it really stinks

zewone

I played a good amount of iron banner today and yesterday and after several rolls ended up with -

Timur's Lash
Zen Moment
Armor Piercing Rounds / Single Point Sling / Explosive Rounds
Luck in the Chamber

Efrideet's Spear (void)
Unflinching
Lightweight / Armor Piercing Rounds / Custom Optics
Firefly

Timur's Lash
Range Finder
Perfect Balance / Flared Magwell / Field Scout
Luck in the chamber

Are these pretty much the best I could hope for? I was thinking about rerolling the sniper, but I'm running out of motes of light.

My favorite perks are explosive rounds and field scout, I'm guessing there isn't a way to get them together.
You can't get explosive and field scout on at the same time.

Your sniper has great perks, but its missing the most important perk for the Spear which is Field Scout.

I bought a 2nd Timur's Lash to try and roll a perfect gun. Didn't work out.

1st Timurs Lash: Outlaw, Perfect Balance, Crowd Control

2nd Timur's Lash: Performance Bonus, Field Scout, Feeding Frenzy

I'm going to have to find out if I prefer more damage and quicker reloads vs plenty of ammo and pretty quick reloads.

Defyler

Got two lashes. Which sounds more appealing?

Performance bonus
Armor piercing / single point sling / explosive
Crowd control.

Or

Zen moment
High caliber rounds /flared magwell / field scout
Luck in the chamber.

Thinking I might really want field scout?

Performance bonus
Crowd control.

Or

Zen moment
Luck in the chamber.

I perfer the later.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
got a void launcher with field scout and cluster bombs, that'll be good enough. nice velocity.

if I had it in me to get some glimmer I'd go for rank 5 but this was still pretty successful.

i can help with that fresh crota raid, my warlock needs it.

zewone

Performance bonus
Crowd control.

Or

Zen moment
Luck in the chamber.

I personally couldn't use any of those. The gun needs Outlaw or Feeding Frenzy to be truly usable in my opinion. Field Scout is preferred, but is less important than the reload perks.

Timurs lash, whats so good about it?

I am currently rolling with Fatebringer for PVE and The last word or Thorn for PVP.

Is it worth spending motes of light to reroll the Timurs lash? Is it ever going to be competing with The last word or Thorn in PVP? I know its never going to be as god as fatebringer seeing that it does not have Arc or Firefly perk

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it's not going to compete with thorn or the last word, it's not exotic. and fatebringer is almost always better in pve, if you're fine sticking with one gun all the time. it's just a solid hc you can roll to your liking and get 331 attack, and a legendary.

joecanada

Timur's with reload, reload, stability on second try... Good enough.
Also got a spear with decent perks as a drop. Unexpected and saves me buying a arc sniper. Not enough glimmer for gold spiral but screw it.

I found myself getting back into Destiny lately, after my butt hurt about the exclusive dlc, but I need some Xbone players to raid with. I have a 30 Titan and am working on getting my Hunter to 30 currently. Don't really want to play her til I get Knucklehead though.

I work night shifts so I'm mostly free during the day, if anyone wants to bring me along GT: Kyouko la Kill.

Top Bottom