• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

E92 M3

10 fucking ass energies. . as a nightfall reward. Fuck off Bungie.

You could have gotten shards.

Got this in a Vanguard package. Worth keeping?

It has send it, but no field scout and it is elemental-less

Hu4SG2F.jpg

Great roll; definitely keep it!

gdt

Seriously. It's a machine gun that's doing sniper rifle damage per shot. And when it starts shooting faster and faster...

One of the very few exotics I have left to get :(. One drop for Macello today, then a Suros dropped for Randomguy. Oh RNGesus why do you taunt me so. Least I got a second Hawkmoon. Kinda crazy compared to where I was a little more than a week ago.

LTWood12

Man it hurts not doing anything at reset or anything at all yet today.

I went 6 resets in a row being up at 4am for 3x3x3

Last week I knocked it down to just x3 CE, and today I haven't done anything since I am at work.

It is killing me inside!!!

Deku let me know when you are good for Nightfalls tonight, if you have that Gorgon checkpoint too that would be awesome.

LTWood12 will be on pretty much all night from about 7:15 pm central. If the timing works out we should get together.

Thanks for everyone clarifying about the scout rifle I just got. Another question though, do people often switch up what type of weapon they play with?

Namikaze1

It's weird. For a guy who posts so much, you talk so little when we actually play together. Hell even I mutter more expletives when I'm pissed and angry then you do normally haha
I'm not much of a talker.

I'm like Jackie Chan in Rush Hour, letting other speak since they seem to love talking so much. ;)

E92 M3

Thanks for everyone clarifying about the scout rifle I just got. Another question though, do people often switch up what type of weapon they play with?

I like to switch it up between scouts and hand cannons for my primaries. Depends on the mood. LOVE hand cannons though.

Need 3 more for fresh Crota, if anyone is down to do it.

Psn:Router_Go_Vroom

I'm down. Though I have a question is it better drop wise if people wait until Hard Mode to play CE (though I don't think I'll have the time for HM CE this week so it doesn't bother me)

I'm like Jackie Chan in Rush Hour, letting other speak since they seem to love talking so much. ;)

I enjoy also listening to others and not talking much in parties. Your silence is beautiful.

ocean

Banned
I use Hand Cannons almost exclusively. Special and Heavy weapons I do switch out depending on the encounter.

With TDB it's been hard finding a good replacement for Fatebringer since the vendor Hand Cannons are somewhat lacking. I do cherish my Hawkmoon but sometimes the Exotic slot is needed elsewhere. That's where a Scout Rifle with Outlaw and Firefly would come in: giving me Fatebringer perks in a 331 weapon, with the added bonus of having better range, stability and rate of fire.

R0ckman

One of the very few exotics I have left to get :(. One drop for Macello today, then a Suros dropped for Randomguy. Oh RNGesus why do you taunt me so. Least I got a second Hawkmoon. Kinda crazy compared to where I was a little more than a week ago.

Oh, yeah I do need that as well. Haven't been playing, got both of my toons to 32, and stopped caring until hard mode, haven't played much last week. I do need to level up my Horn and IB on my other toon before hard though... Ugh... This game... Always something calling me back.

I'm down. Though I have a question is it better drop wise if people wait until Hard Mode to play CE (though I don't think I'll have the time for HM CE this week so it doesn't bother me)

I enjoy also listening to others and not talking much in parties. Your silence is beautiful.
Yeah you're also a silent person. Only to say "hey guys I gotta go" then we are like "who's that?" Haha

Managed to just barely get all the Iron Banner stuff I wanted done an hour before reset yesterday. Took my Warlock main from Rank 2 to 4 to get the chest and gloves (I have the raid gloves and a legendary chest, but I want some stat options), and took my Titan alt from Rank 3 to 5 in time to get him a pair of gloves and the Timur Lash (not that easy at level 29). Re-rolled Timur until I got Spray and Play (Increases reload when mag is empty), Luck in the Chamber, and Field Scout. Had a couple of motes left and decided to reroll the Gheleon Scout I got last IB and managed to get Outlaw + Firefly in 2 rolls. I also got the Simlur Auto Rifle twice as drops, but it looks like trash stat wise. Was really hoping for the Sniper rifle, but it seems like Simlur was the only thing dropping yesterday (saw it drop at least 5 times). Can't really complain though because a got a motherfucking SUROS drop! Awesome since it's my first (would have been nice to have at the beginning o IB though lol).

I did SSOOOO much glimmer farming though. I've probably farmed about 50k glimmer this week to afford all that. I am so sick of the cabal lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
my hunter'll be using fatebringer and thunderlord for this nightfall, can't wait. luxurious that the heroic has it too.
I imagine you'll get a variety of answers. but for me, I have a different main type per character:

Hunter - Hand Cannons
Warlock - Auto Rifles
Titan - Scout Rifles

Then I mix up the actual weapon I'm using based on what I feel like. With a few cross-type exceptions for each; my Hunter is the one I find using the Vex occasionally, while my Warlock has the maxed VoC, and my Titan is leveling The Last Word.

war

hooh

good god yall

Trakan

From time to time with burns I'll switch it up, but I'm mainly a hand cannon guy.

It's funny because when the game first came out I hated them and mostly used auto rifles.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dumb question

Are all exotic upgrades the same, or are the attributes randomly generated from a potential list?
Exotic weapons are always 100% identical.

Exotic armor have a range of stat rolls (the amount of Strength, Discipline, and/or Intellect) that are worth looking at before buying/upgrading.

I usually mute my mic since my fiancee enjoys playing videos loudly and talking to me and I know most people don't want to hear our conversations lol
It's all good :) I think there was a time when you didn't mute your mic :p haha nonetheless still enjoy playing with you! You can listen to me ramble and such :p
aplogizes for my accent since it might be hard sometimes to get what I am saying

E92 M3

Managed to just barely get all the Iron Banner stuff I wanted done an hour before reset yesterday. Took my Warlock main from Rank 2 to 4 to get the chest and gloves (I have the raid gloves and a legendary chest, but I want some stat options), and took my Titan alt from Rank 3 to 5 in time to get him a pair of gloves and the Timur Lash (not that easy at level 29). Re-rolled Timur until I got Spray and Play (Increases reload when mag is empty), Luck in the Chamber, and Field Scout. Had a couple of motes left and decided to reroll the Gheleon Scout I got last IB and managed to get Outlaw + Firefly in 2 rolls. I also got the Simlur Auto Rifle twice as drops, but it looks like trash stat wise. Was really hoping for the Sniper rifle, but it seems like Simlur was the only thing dropping yesterday (saw it drop at least 5 times). Can't really complain though because a got a motherfucking SUROS drop! Awesome since it's my first (would have been nice to have at the beginning o IB though lol).

I did SSOOOO much glimmer farming though. I've probably farmed about 50k glimmer this week to afford all that. I am so sick of the cabal lol.

Jump on the VOG glimmer train. Took me 45 minutes to go from 0-max; put on a podcast or some music and it will just flow through.

Dumb question

Are all exotic upgrades the same, or are the attributes randomly generated from a potential list?

They are always the same.

ocean

Banned
Dumb question

Exotic weapons and armor, unlike their legendary counterparts, have fixed perks. Their Intellect / Discipline / Strength rolls are still random though in the case of armor

stb

Glad Iron Banner is over.

I didn't play 'til Saturday, which went fine, as did Sunday. Going into last night, I was at level ~3.75, so I figured with the huge buff, new bounties, and being able to buy the class item, I'd coast into level 5 no problem.

Wrong. Played a few rounds which went OK, then met up with Dave6 to, theoretically, make the coast into 5 even easier. I've never seen worse lag in this game. I was always in the red, constant "gliding", Dave said I was basically teleporting around the map because my game was desynced so badly. I even got kicked to orbit twice. I grind through it to clear a couple bounties to get me to level 4 and get my Titan mark.

I'd heard other people complaining that they can't plain crucible in a fireteam due to lag, so I decided to play solo. No big deal. It would have been nice to play with someone, but it is what it is.

The network issues were resolved, and I managed to get up to ~2000 points (400 away from level 5) then got handed ~7 straight losses due to getting paired with the worst teams I've played with in Crucible at all, and the opposing teams were largely 32s rocking Thorn and the like. I even tried abandoning matchmaking a few times to "reset" what group I was with, and it was just a parade of pain.

I'm sitting there beating my head against the wall at 1:30am on a Tuesday morning needing ONE win to cash in my 4 medals and hit level 5, and I swear the game was actively messing with me. I'd join a new game, and we'd do well for 2/3 of the game, then lose in the last minute. Then the next round, we'd just get hosed by thousands of points.

I finish one of those massacre rounds and immediately mash triangle to get to orbit. I join a new fireteam, and hear all the game sounds already going on. "Great," I think, I took the place of someone who ragequit mid-round because their team sucked.

Wrong! Gloriously wrong. I don't know why a slot opened, but my team was up by ~5k with one minute left. We held that margin, and I get the victory screen with a crucible rank up, iron banner level 5, and "Berried_treasurE found Efrideet's Spear" (my second this IB).

I know people say "this game.", but holy shit.

EL CUCO

I have my go to maxed weapons for high level stuff like hard Raids...but once I'm familiar with the content, I like to switch it up to make things interesting.

For anything else I basically use whatever I'm leveling up at the moment.

hydruxo

It's all good :) I think there was a time when you didn't mute your mic :p haha nonetheless still enjoy playing with you! You can listen to me ramble and such :p
aplogizes for my accent since it might be hard sometimes to get what I am saying

Hey IRAWR do you have the Gorgon cp right now by any chance?

Ridwald

I switch all the time depending on the task at hand, if i'm on patrol/bounties i generally take what could be fun or to level up / if i'm on strikes i try to adapt to the area from close range to long range (and to chose the element that could provide some help) / If it is for raids i get the big guns out / And sometimes i just use whatever i want just for the fun ^^ because why not

Talking about accents, I've yet to come across one that I can't understand. Saying that im terrible at distinguishing though. With the exception of a few (Rube, Fig, Kartik, Johan, etc) people, most people fall into the generic american group haha (accent wise)

patchday

<begin GAF love letter>
I must admit I'm rather fond of the GK Glimmer farming runs. So glad I dont have to farm exclusion zone. Had a good run with some gafs last night and for the first time, reached max glimmer. My precious GAF if it wasn't for you guys I'd be a broke scrub for sho'
</end love letter>

Talking about accents, I've yet to come across one that I can't understand. Saying that im terrible at distinguishing though. With the exception of a few (Rube, Fig, Kartik, Johan, etc) people, most people fall into the generic american group haha (accent wise)
The banned Belgium thought I was from U.K at first :p but thats good to know :)

Ah okay no worries!

Yeah but a good amount of people have it now. If you still need it, msg me later.

What is everyone's weapon setup looking like for Hard Mode Crota's End tomorrow?

Primary: Fatebringer (only 300 level weapon I will be using), Vanquisher VIII, Santerienne Rapier
Special: IceBreaker, Light of the Abyss
Heavy: Gjallerhorn, Song of Ir Yut

I have pretty much every weapon, so if there is one that may be more useful I haven't thought of give a suggestion!

I took some time off of Destiny this weekend, playing it only for an hour to help my friend through the Heroic Weekly. It was much welcome. I finally got to beat Shadow of Mordor and focus on some Vita games.

I love Destiny as much as the rest of you, but it's such a time hog. It's nice to have just taken a step back and let it sit while I focus on other games. It ought to make coming back to it tonight even more rewarding, since I'm coming back "refreshed."

hydruxo

The banned Belgium thought I was from U.K at first :p but thats good to know :)

Yeah but a good amount of people have it now. If you still need it, msg me later.

Yeah I posted a few pages back but got no replies haha. I'll just hold off for now and send ya a message later today.

E92 M3

What is everyone's weapon setup looking like for Hard Mode Crota's End tomorrow?

Primary: Fatebringer (only 300 level weapon I will be using), Vanquisher VIII, Santerienne Rapier

I have pretty much every weapon, so if there is one that may be more useful I haven't thought of give a suggestion!

Primary: Maxed Timur (hopefully), SR or Mythoclast
Special: Black Fucking Hammer and Light of the Abyss (if needed)
Heavy: Dr. Gjallarhorn or Hungry Crota

El Sloth

Banned
So what did everyone's final haul from the Iron Banner look like?

KlokBUk.png

I somehow managed to get a silly amount of Efrideet's Spear (6), A No Land Beyond after one of the few times I placed first in a game (felt more like a punishment tbh), and bought two Timur's Lashes, and an arc Radegast's Fury with Tripod because I had no arc heavy.
I switch my builds a lot. I like variety, to keep things fun.

Homeboyd

For me:

Primary: Fatebringer, Badger (and thorn/mythoclast available just in case, maybe red death/suros for health)
Special: IceBreaker, Light of the Abyss, LDR Solar, Black Hammer
Heavy: Gjallarhorn, Hunger of Crota

All maxed.

phen0m24

I took some time off of Destiny this weekend, playing it only for an hour to help my friend through the Heroic Weekly. It was much welcome. I finally got to beat Shadow of Mordor and focus on some Vita games.

I love Destiny as much as the rest of you, but it's such a time hog. It's nice to have just taken a step back and let it sit while I focus on other games. It ought to make coming back to it tonight even more rewarding, since I'm coming back "refreshed."

Am in a similar position. I have most of the exotics now, I'm playing to level them and not sure I need to. Want to do the flawless
do or do not, there is no try
, help a couple friends do their first raids and then kinda slow down until HoW.
I won't though

Top Bottom