• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

So I'm about 34 minutes into the podcast. Great discussion so far! I so wish I was a part of that discussion because I wanted to say so much in regards to matchmaking.

Here's my story anyways.

I started with lfg and it worked out OK. I've only played with 1 person of the 3-4 full LFG groups I've done. I then finally found out this community here and I was so glad I did. I've played with many people here numerous times and made many great friends. If I had an in-game PSO type LFG hub, which they should have anyways, I probably wouldn't have found this community so I'm thankful they don't have that yet. That being said, they definitely need to for the ~80% that need to have a means of grouping up. The tower would be perfect for that. Exactly what Hawkian said, you can look for specific groups based on the title that you want to go after. If you put that much effort to target the Hub and communicate with a specific LFG in-game, most likely you're serious. Rather than a button to matchmake endlessly like Strikes.

This in game-hub should also be accessible via the Destiny App. So that you don't have to fly to the tower each time if someone has to drop-out or what have you and for sheer convenience. For the people that won't have mics or unable to talk, it might be a nice easy way of communication as well.

In addition to that, I also agree that Nightfall/Heroic weeklies should have matchmaking. BUT... IFF (and only if) they allow voting to kick a player that's idle. I can see this being a debate because what if 2 people just decide to kick the 3rd for fun at the end. They have excellent coders and they can figure out what an idle person is. If they game has been going on for X minutes and they haven't moved. Or if the person(s) have literally not done anything in X amount of time (except maybe ran around and shoot a few things), they have the ability to get voted to get kicked. But if they've tagged along and made a decent headway, they can't get kicked. They can check how many shots have been fired, how much damage produced for their level versus the level of strike. If all 3 players are at the end, definitely can't kick unless that player is literally not attacking the boss ever, something along those lines. They've got excellent algorithms/coders and can figure this stuff out.

Same goes for PvP. The ability for voting to kick off a player.

3 player Strikes, 2 votes.
6 player PvP, 4 votes. (or 3, debatable).

Just my opinions on that issue.

Greenymac

There was no podcast this week. Todd wanted to wait for hard mode to be out first before we do episode 3: Crota's Revenge.

ahhhhh. Makes sense. Now I guess ill just have to read the GAF and post occasionally. Im gonna be really jealous tomorrow at work while everyone is getting their Hard raid kicks in...Would love to be part of the fireteam tomorrow for the stream, but that would require me leaving work early....WHICH I CAN MAKE HAPPEN....

Namikaze1

I forgot I have the chance of getting my Eidolon Ally upgraded tomorrow!

Time to do all the bounties and not hand them in till I get my motherfucking Necrochasm tomorrow!

Namikaze1

I'm setting up a PS4 fireteam to go as soon as Hard Mode is unlocked tomorrow. The goal is to try to be the first to beat Hard Mode for Todd. Or at least be the first GAF team.

If interested, reply to this post with your PSN and what class you'll be using.

Note: in order to be part of the team, you'll need to meet some requirements.

1) You'll need to be 32.
Sorry, but I'm not taking any 31s. The raid has level 33 enemies and we're trying to be the first team to beat it. Sorry.

2) Maxed out weapons
Please bring your best 331 weapons. You can bring a maxed out Fatebringer since it still outperforms almost all legendary 331 HC

3) You need to know how to do the raid legit
Sorry, but since Fig is coming, we're doing this legit.
Being serious here, I want the first run to be legit.

We can cheese it when she's gone. :3

4) You need to be available most of (if not all) day tomorrow
We don't know how long this is going to take. Bungie has stated there'll be new mechanics in Hard Mode. Expect it to take longer than a normal CE run.

5) Mic
Need I say more?

Here's the fireteam so far:
1) namikaze1 - 32 Titan Defender
2) Figadapaura - 32 Hunter (fig hasn't said what class she'll be using but I'm guessing it will be her hunter)
3) rodiard - rodiard needs to give me his deets!
4) ???
5) ???
6) ???

Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM PST/12 PM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

Yes, this will be livestreamed for other Gaffers. I'll post a link to my twitch stream before the patch is out.

Edit:
Some additional notes:

6) No to First!
No time will be spent on getting the first chest.

7) If we don't make it, fuck it
If no one gets inside the second chest room, we continue with our run.

Stream will be up on: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01
Sign-ups are closed!

Final roster will be posted up shortly.

purg3

slept with Malkin
My loadout will probably be

Primary: Fatebringer/Rapier (leveling now)/Vex
Special: Icebreaker/Light of the Abyss
Heavy: Hunger of Crota/Song of Ir Yut/Thunderlord

This is so disheartening. 2 weeks in a row all I got from nightfall from all three characters were shards and energy. That's 6 nightfalls with nothing but energy and shards. Fuck the loot in this game.

If it was radiant shards or energy It might've been tolerable.

bucyou55

Banned
So it was pretty rude I went on LFG looking for a raid, got invited, and all they wanted was for me to get them the exclusion zone checkpoint to glimmer farm bc they went too far.

Needless to say they heard some choice words and I left

Namikaze1

The results are in!

Here's the team that shall attempt to be the first to beat Crota's End. Or the first GAF team to do so. Whatever.

1) namikaze1 - 32 Titan Defender
2) Figadapaura - 32 Hunter (fig hasn't said what class she'll be using but I'm guessing it will be her hunter)
3) rodiard - 32 any class
4) Captain_Cold - 32 Hunter/Titan
5) zewone - 32 Titan
6) KxozZ - 32 Warlock

Again:
Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM PST/12 PM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

For those who won't be joining and/or just want to follow our attempt:
Stream will be up on: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01

Stream will go up half an hour early so around 9:30 AM PST / 12:30 PM EST. I want it up early so that I don't have to waste any time setting it up once the game has been updated with tomorrow's patch. I'll post a link here for when it is up.

I'll be sending out friend requests to those who aren't on my friend list.

Rubenov

So it was pretty rude I went on LFG looking for a raid, got invited, and all they wanted was for me to get them the exclusion zone checkpoint to glimmer farm bc they went too far.

Needless to say they heard some choice words and I left

LFG and the unwashed masses :/

Ok so my Titan is clearly the blessed one today.

Today's exotic haul makes up for the last month of nothing.

Icebreaker #2
Pan c #2
Mythocast
Mythocast
Monte carlo
Dragons breath

The Icebreaker, Mythocast, Monte Carlo, and Dragon's Breath all on my Titan. Warlock is the cursed one. Oh well, can't complain. Still have two nightfalls to run too.

Top Bottom