• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

E92 M3

So what did everyone's final haul from the Iron Banner look like?

KlokBUk.png

I somehow managed to get a silly amount of Efrideet's Spear (6), A No Land Beyond after one of the few times I placed first in a game (felt more like a punishment tbh), and bought two Timur's Lashes, and an arc Radegast's Fury with Tripod because I had no arc heavy.

I switch my builds a lot. I like variety, to keep things fun.

How?????????????????????????????

;_;

Dave_6

Glad Iron Banner is over.

I didn't play 'til Saturday, which went fine, as did Sunday. Going into last night, I was at level ~3.75, so I figured with the huge buff, new bounties, and being able to buy the class item, I'd coast into level 5 no problem.

Wrong. Played a few rounds which went OK, then met up with Dave6 to, theoretically, make the coast into 5 even easier. I've never seen worse lag in this game. I was always in the red, constant "gliding", Dave said I was basically teleporting around the map because my game was desynced so badly. I even got kicked to orbit twice. I grind through it to clear a couple bounties to get me to level 4 and get my Titan mark.

I'd heard other people complaining that they can't plain crucible in a fireteam due to lag, so I decided to play solo. No big deal. It would have been nice to play with someone, but it is what it is.

The network issues were resolved, and I managed to get up to ~2000 points (400 away from level 5) then got handed ~7 straight losses due to getting paired with the worst teams I've played with in Crucible at all, and the opposing teams were largely 32s rocking Thorn and the like. I even tried abandoning matchmaking a few times to "reset" what group I was with, and it was just a parade of pain.

I'm sitting there beating my head against the wall at 1:30am on a Tuesday morning needing ONE win to cash in my 4 medals and hit level 5, and I swear the game was actively messing with me. I'd join a new game, and we'd do well for 2/3 of the game, then lose in the last minute. Then the next round, we'd just get hosed by thousands of points.

I finish one of those massacre rounds and immediately mash triangle to get to orbit. I join a new fireteam, and hear all the game sounds already going on. "Great," I think, I took the place of someone who ragequit mid-round because their team sucked.

Wrong! Gloriously wrong. I don't know why a slot opened, but my team was up by ~5k with one minute left. We held that margin, and I get the victory screen with a crucible rank up, iron banner level 5, and "Berried_treasurE found Efrideet's Spear" (my second this IB).

I know people say "this game.", but holy shit.

Glad you made it to 5 and got what you wanted! I finally gave up around 10:30 or so. Just couldn't take it anymore. Wasn't making any progress on the few bounties I had left, plus every game we were just getting wrecked. I mean it was pathetic and just rage inducing to the point I told myself to just turn it off. I wound up around rank 4 1/4. I'll throw the Spear in the vault and wait till the next one, but I will definitely not be waiting till the weekend to get started on it.

Up for at least one NF and weekly tonight?

jaaz

The art and graphics in Destiny is really good in many places. It's a shame the way they built the game play, you are often rushing past everything and most players barely notice it. I know its primarily an action/shooter, but some real exploration or adventure game-type elements would make this game so much better. Or event some cut scenes giving us some background to what happened in the areas you are visiting. In other words Bungie, for the next time, don't have Dinklebot tell us how amazing the Cosmodrome must have been before "the collapse", show us! We'll appreciate much more how it looks now.

Namikaze1

What is everyone's weapon setup looking like for Hard Mode Crota's End tomorrow?

Primary: Fatebringer (only 300 level weapon I will be using), Vanquisher VIII, Santerienne Rapier
Special: IceBreaker, Light of the Abyss
Heavy: Gjallerhorn, Song of Ir Yut

I have pretty much every weapon, so if there is one that may be more useful I haven't thought of give a suggestion!
Primary: Santerienne Rapier, Fatebringer
Special: Solar LDR 5001
Heavy: Gjallarhorn

Carbonox

I got absolutely fuck all from Iron Banner. Damn it. Just shitty Rare Engrams and the odd Mote of Light.

Guess it's back to grinding ROC/Tiger strikes cos ordinary Crucible is a joke with giving me shit as well.

hydruxo

What is everyone's weapon setup looking like for Hard Mode Crota's End tomorrow?

Primary: Fatebringer (only 300 level weapon I will be using), Vanquisher VIII, Santerienne Rapier

I have pretty much every weapon, so if there is one that may be more useful I haven't thought of give a suggestion!

Primary: Fatebringer, MIDA Multi-Tool (for Abyss), Hawkmoon, Suros (for health regen at Crota or anywhere else w/o regen)
Special: Ice Breaker, Black Hammer, LDR-5001, Light of the Abyss
Heavy: Hunger of Crota, Song of Ir Yut

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

My fists.

Don't forget to bring Suros for that health refill. Especially if they limit chalice use. Also has a light weight perk for the thrall.

Sorus
Black Hammer
Hunger of Crota

milkham

primary: 3x fatebringers, a tfwpky1969 a devil you don't with field scout, the chance, timur's see what works
special: have icebreakers but will probably rely on LDRs
heavy: gjallerhorn

Primary: Fatebringer, The Chance, Rapier, Timur's Lash.
Special: Black Hammer, Ice Breaker, Murmur, LDR 5001
Heavy: Radegast's Fury, Against All Odds, Thunderlord, Song of Ir Yut

Similar. Minus Vanquisher VIII and add Black Hammer.

If I had it as a Heavy option, I'd imagine Thunderlord would do well.

lt519

Primary: Fatebringer, Thorn, Badger, Rapier, Vex Mythoclast
Secondary: Black Hammer, Icebreaker, Murmur, LDR
Heavy: Truth, Thunderlord, Song of Ir Yut

LTWood12

I'm debating on this as well, but here's my main rotation:

Primary: Fatebringer, Crusader I (w/ Firefly), Possibly Suros for healing
Special: Light of the Abyss, Black Hammer, Ice Breaker
Heavy Gjallerhorn, One-Way Ticket 000, MG18A Harm's Way

Would love to see some other loadouts.

Rhaegar

Had an excellent week with Destiny. I'm a level 31 Titan and came into the week with Bad Juju for primary, a couple vendor sniper rifles or Murmur as my special slot and Against All Odds in my Heavy slot. Not many Exotic options in the special or heavy slot and certainly nothing useful for high level PVE play. Just started raiding recently with VOG and wanted to try Crota this week, but felt limited by my weapon selection...

It started with Xur selling the Ice Breaker, my second most sought after weapon. I gladly handed over my Strange Coins and used it to run Crota's End for the first time, which led to Black Hammer dropping after that bastard went down. Then I ran VOG (and got nothing but Ass shards). Feeling salty, I helped some fellow Destiny-GAFfers with a hard mode (my first time running at that difficulty) Gatekeeper checkpoint and upon dropping Atheon I found myself joyously clutching a sparkly new Vex Mythoclast.

Feeling mighty pleased with the world, I spent a fair amount of time yesterday playing IB to rank up and get the gauntlets. To my surprise, after another middling performance with a group of randoms I was awarded an exotic weapon. That weapon just happened to be my most sought after gun in the game: the Ballerhorn. Easy mode unlocked.

TLDR; RNGesus finally got my back.

So clearly Crota just hates me. I have not had anything but 2 energy drop from Deathsinger and Crota for 4 weeks now, across two different characters. Ridiculous.

LTWood12

Had an excellent week with Destiny. I'm a level 31 Titan and came into the week with Bad Juju for primary, a couple vendor sniper rifles or Murmur as my special slot and Against All Odds in my Heavy slot. Not many Exotic options in the special or heavy slot and certainly nothing useful for high level PVE play. Just started raiding recently with VOG and wanted to try Crota this week, but felt limited by my weapon selection...

It started with Xur selling the Ice Breaker, my second most sought after weapon. I gladly handed over my Strange Coins and used it to run Crota's End for the first time, which led to Black Hammer dropping after that bastard went down. Then I ran VOG (and got nothing but Ass shards). Feeling salty, I helped some fellow Destiny-GAFfers with a hard mode (my first time running at that difficulty) Gatekeeper checkpoint and upon dropping Atheon I found myself joyously clutching a sparkly new Vex Mythoclast.

Feeling mighty pleased with the world, I spent a fair amount of time yesterday playing IB to rank up and get the gauntlets. To my surprise, after another middling performance with a group of randoms I was awarded an exotic weapon. That weapon just happened to be my most sought after gun in the game: the Ballerhorn. Easy mode unlocked.

TLDR; RNGesus finally got my back.

Congratulations! Now prepare yourself for a month of getting the same crap over and over.

Namikaze1

I'm setting up a PS4 fireteam to go as soon as Hard Mode is unlocked tomorrow. The goal is to try to be the first to beat Hard Mode for Todd. Or at least be the first GAF team.

If interested, reply to this post with your PSN and what class you'll be using.

Note: in order to be part of the team, you'll need to meet some requirements.

1) You'll need to be 32.
Sorry, but I'm not taking any 31s. The raid has level 33 enemies and we're trying to be the first team to beat it. Sorry.

2) Maxed out weapons
Please bring your best 331 weapons. You can bring a maxed out Fatebringer since it still outperforms almost all legendary 331 HC

3) You need to know how to do the raid legit
Sorry, but since Fig is coming, we're doing this legit.
Being serious here, I want the first run to be legit.

We can cheese it when she's gone. :3

4) You need to be available most of (if not all) day tomorrow
We don't know how long this is going to take. Bungie has stated there'll be new mechanics in Hard Mode. Expect it to take longer than a normal CE run.

5) Mic
Need I say more?

Here's the fireteam so far:
1) namikaze1 - 32 Titan Defender
2) Figadapaura - 32 Hunter (fig hasn't said what class she'll be using but I'm guessing it will be her hunter)
3) rodiard - rodiard needs to give me his deets!
4) ???
5) ???
6) ???

Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM PST/12 PM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

Yes, this will be livestreamed for other Gaffers. I'll post a link to my twitch stream before the patch is out.

Edit:
Some additional notes:

6) No to First!
No time will be spent on getting the first chest.

7) If we don't make it, fuck it
If no one gets inside the second chest room, we continue with our run.

Stream will be up on: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01
Less than half an hour before I close sign-ups!

I'll be posting the final roster 15 minutes after closing.

The network issues were resolved, and I managed to get up to ~2000 points (400 away from level 5) then got handed ~7 straight losses due to getting paired with the worst teams I've played with in Crucible at all, and the opposing teams were largely 32s rocking Thorn and the like. I even tried abandoning matchmaking a few times to "reset" what group I was with, and it was just a parade of pain.

I know that feel. Had a particular brutal Blind Watch match where even though we spawned on Bravo side, I was apparently the only one who ever noticed C was being invaded over and over and of course we lost it real quick. Then some fool caps A. Then I find myself consistently trying to cap C all by myself while literally 4 or 5 enemies are sitting outside just waiting until it drops. Once they finally overtake me, I'm thinking "Well, at least the rest of my team had time to cap one of the other points while practically the entire enemy team is literally sitting and waiting for my bubble to drop. Surely that's why literally no one came to back me up for the entire minute I'm capping C.". Nope. Absolutely no progress capping the other point and I still have no clue what they were doing. I really miss Halo 3's match replay feature.

Rhaegar

Congratulations! Now prepare yourself for a month of getting the same crap over and over.

I'm anticipating my next 3 exotics will all be No Land Beyonds. And that the gun will never get buffed to be useful. That's okay, I will humble myself before RNGesus.

For me:

Primary: Fatebringer, Badger (and thorn/mythoclast available just in case, maybe red death/suros for health)
Special: IceBreaker, Light of the Abyss, LDR Solar, Black Hammer
Heavy: Gjallarhorn, Hunger of Crota

All maxed.

for me
Primary: fatebringer 300, vex 323, Another NITC 331 (ER, Firelfy)
Secondary: Murmur 331, Black hammer 331, IB 331
Heavy: Ghorn 331, HOC 331

titan or hunter. I wont be able to run it until tomorrow night after work so I will be able to follow in Nami's groups footsteps and learn the ins and outs

Mindlog

What about Salvage?
We need Salvage!
I'll be going in pack-rat kitchen sink style.

Primary: Fatebringer, Another NitC, Rapier, Bad Juju, Red Death, Suros, Eidolon Ally just in case.
Special: Icebreaker, LDR, Efreidt's, Arc Plug, Murmur
Heavy: Against All Odds, Fury, Ticket, Crota's Hunger, Gjallarhorn

Pretty much every slot filled up with other weapons.

Top Bottom