• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

rNilla

The results are in!

Here's the team that shall attempt to be the first to beat Crota's End. Or the first GAF team to do so. Whatever.

1) namikaze1 - 32 Titan Defender
2) Figadapaura - 32 Hunter (fig hasn't said what class she'll be using but I'm guessing it will be her hunter)
3) rodiard - 32 any class
4) Captain_Cold - 32 Hunter/Titan
5) zewone - 32 Titan
6) KxozZ - 32 Warlock

Again:
Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM PST/12 PM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

For those who won't be joining and/or just want to follow our attempt:
Stream will be up on: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01

Stream will go up half an hour early so around 9:30 AM PST / 12:30 PM EST. I want it up early so that I don't have to waste any time setting it up once the game has been updated with tomorrow's patch. I'll post a link here for when it is up.

I'll be sending out friend requests to those who aren't on my friend list.

Oh shit, too much pressure.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29343-1373055715-0.gif

EL CUCO

Every single patch there is talk of a Gjallarhorn nerf. Just ignore it.
They've had plenty of time to assess the Cheesehorn's dmg output. If they didn't nerf it back when Atheon was being dropped in 15 seconds, it's not getting nerfed.

Enemies will just have more HP, if anything.

Before we manually release the Hard Mode version of Crota's End, we're deploying another round of fixes.

Raids
Crota's End

• Prepared Hard Mode for manual activation on Wednesday, January 21st
  • Updates on the exact go-time will be given via Twitter after 10AM

Bridge Encounter

• Players are no longer able to de-spawn enemies after activating bridge plates and holding a specific spot

Crota Encounter

• Fixed a rare issue that caused Crota to stop summoning Oversouls

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12508

So clearly Crota just hates me. I have not had anything but 2 energy drop from Deathsinger and Crota for 4 weeks now, across two different characters. Ridiculous.

Me and you both. Have run Crota every week 2x since TDB dropped, and last 3 weeks have run 3x. I have 2 swordbreakers and 2 songs of ir yut to show for it, energy and shards every other time.

RetroMG

So it was pretty rude I went on LFG looking for a raid, got invited, and all they wanted was for me to get them the exclusion zone checkpoint to glimmer farm bc they went too far.

Needless to say they heard some choice words and I left

Wow. The rest of the Exclusion Zone mission is annoying, but it's not that hard and it doesn't take very long. Just finish it, people.

milkham

So it was pretty rude I went on LFG looking for a raid, got invited, and all they wanted was for me to get them the exclusion zone checkpoint to glimmer farm bc they went too far.

Needless to say they heard some choice words and I left

I don't understand, wouldn't it be easier to go to orbit and start the mission over than to try and get someone on LFG to get it for you wtf

oSoLucky

Has anyone power leveled a character to 20 recently? How long should I expect it to take, and is it fully dependent on others running me through HM missions?

I have full cleared CE every week since release on my Warlock and I'm still lacking boots and helm. My alt(Titan) on the other hand got full gear in just 2 runs. I really want to do HM on my main but I need to see if it's worth it to delete and relevel a Warlock to redo the raid a couple times this week.

Wow. The rest of the Exclusion Zone mission is annoying, but it's not that hard and it doesn't take very long. Just finish it, people.

Most people don't know that you can restart missions by selecting them, clicking on the level selector and pressing the square/X button on the mission and confirming. Game should ask you if you really want to restart.

noomi

so wait... they will be announcing the exact time of hard mode release on twitter @ 10AM?

Meaning hard mode won't actually be available at 10AM PST....?

Updates on exact go-time will be given via Twitter after 10AM Pacific

Most people don't know that you can restart missions by selecting them, clicking on the level selector and pressing the square/X button on the mission and confirming. Game should ask you if you really want to restart.

Dat reading comprehension. How the fuck can't people read it saying 'press square to restart?' God damn it

Namikaze1

No more de-spawning Bridge cheese!

They still haven't "fix" the rock jumping one though so you guys still have that one. :p

Yay! Everyone must learn the bridge! Time for competence!
I had a feeling Bungie was going to patch that soon. I'm glad the team I regularly raid with prefer doing it legit. All we have to do is just adjust to whatever new mechanics are being introduce tomorrow.

KxoZz

The results are in!

Here's the team that shall attempt to be the first to beat Crota's End. Or the first GAF team to do so. Whatever.

1) namikaze1 - 32 Titan Defender
2) Figadapaura - 32 Hunter (fig hasn't said what class she'll be using but I'm guessing it will be her hunter)
3) rodiard - 32 any class
4) Captain_Cold - 32 Hunter/Titan
5) zewone - 32 Titan
6) KxozZ - 32 Warlock

Again:
Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM PST/12 PM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

For those who won't be joining and/or just want to follow our attempt:
Stream will be up on: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01

Stream will go up half an hour early so around 9:30 AM PST / 12:30 PM EST. I want it up early so that I don't have to waste any time setting it up once the game has been updated with tomorrow's patch. I'll post a link here for when it is up.

I'll be sending out friend requests to those who aren't on my friend list.

awesome
recieved your invite, not at home atm, will accept once i am.
thanks

kidko

Has anyone power leveled a character to 20 recently? How long should I expect it to take, and is it fully dependent on others running me through HM missions?

I have full cleared CE every week since release on my Warlock and I'm still lacking boots and helm. My alt(Titan) on the other hand got full gear in just 2 runs. I really want to do HM on my main but I need to see if it's worth it to delete and relevel a Warlock to redo the raid a couple times this week.

All i did was play crucible to level up a few times when I was falling out of heroic level. Otherwise, just do heroic on all the story missions and do the strikes. I hit 20 well before I finished all of the story missions (hardly did any on Mars)

stb

Glad you made it to 5 and got what you wanted! I finally gave up around 10:30 or so. Just couldn't take it anymore. Wasn't making any progress on the few bounties I had left, plus every game we were just getting wrecked. I mean it was pathetic and just rage inducing to the point I told myself to just turn it off. I wound up around rank 4 1/4. I'll throw the Spear in the vault and wait till the next one, but I will definitely not be waiting till the weekend to get started on it.

Sorry it stayed rough for you. Lash isn't worth the frustration, imo.

Up for at least one NF and weekly tonight?

Probably. I'd love to knock them out ASAP after work, so maybe 7:15-7:30 Eastern.

Spawnling

so wait... they will be announcing the exact time of hard mode release on twitter @ 10AM?

Meaning hard mode won't actually be available at 10AM PST....?
It's essentially coming out at 10am PST, it just might not be that exact minute. Allows room for error if need be. They're operating from a manual switch, not an automatic one.

oSoLucky

All i did was play crucible to level up a few times when I was falling out of heroic level. Otherwise, just do heroic on all the story missions and do the strikes. I hit 20 well before I finished all of the story missions (hardly did any on Mars)

Do you remember about how long it took total though? If it's 10 hours then it won't be worth it to me.

I have a feeling Hard mode is going to get smashed in under an hour.

Yup, considering people can solo the whole thing, the no respawning is hardly a penalty. Whatever new tricks they throw at us will be easily overcome by a veteran group. I expect it to be about as Hard as a full team of 31's taking on normal mode.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Well that only works for the very first difficulty level. This is for the other difficulties you've checkpointed on.

No, it works for every difficulty. You just need to "press square" on the difficulty desired on the list. [=

vctor182

Nightfall done, got my 4th Suros, a warlock got Heart of praxic fire and the other guy got a legendary pulse rifle...damn we felt sorry for him lol

Top Bottom