• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Namikaze1

8 shards. That's all I need to get my last guardian to 32. Should get them on my Titan in 40 minutes when I raid with the old team.

That was the first thing that blew my mind. Definitely not like the good ol days of "damn we missed a kneel, just wipe" lolol

Yeah, seriously. Eh, that first sword wasn't very good, just wipe guys... now it's hey we died 10 times and missed 2 entire swords, just keep running it.

joecanada

I hope you get a Universal Remote.

I got the UR on a Roc strike last night... was like yay :(

Does it have something special in the way of perks because its stats are worse than a purple shotgun... average at everything.

for shotgun you want impact, range, reload, stability (with high rof if that's the route you go), in that order. you find one with high impact and range and nothing else matters basically

Jinjo

Ran sword for the first time too tonight. Baby's first Crota sword run, went off without a hitch. Just a few whipes getting the new blood in our team up to par and then it was smooth sailing. Pretty fun! Now I know why everyone is okay with running sword multiple times in the week lol.

I got the UR on a Roc strike last night... was like yay :(

Does it have something special in the way of perks because its stats are worse than a purple shotgun... average at everything.

for shotgun you want impact, range, reload, stability (with high rof if that's the route you go), in that order. you find one with high impact and range and nothing else matters basically

UR sucks.

Only good for Pokemon.

Yeah, seriously. Eh, that first sword wasn't very good, just wipe guys... now it's hey we died 10 times and missed 2 entire swords, just keep running it.

Sloppy is fine for now but going to have to be crisp with execution when Hard Mode hits.

We need more sword school.

SkylineRKR

UR is the worst exotic in the game, I like it less than No Land Beyond because that one has at least something going for it (bolt action crappyness and Ice Breaker stats). UR is boring throughout. Have 2 and hate them.

I think Crota's End is badly balanced btw. I mean at level 31 there is little room for error on Gatekeepers and Crota. But at level 32 this raid is far too easy, took us something more than 20 minutes.

Happy with the helm, less happy with another Swordbreaker. Still no Song and Hunger.

Lol i joined up on a 5 man Atheon, and someone got mad that I died in the very beginning since i was accepting party chat and not moving away from Atheon's blasts. Like you're really going to miss that 30 seconds for wiping at the very beginning. Used synth / 7 Ghorn shots on him, game over on the 2nd attempt.

Lol i joined up on a 5 man Atheon, and someone got mad that I died in the very beginning since i was accepting party chat and not moving away from Atheon's blasts. Like you're really going to miss that 30 seconds for wiping at the very beginning. Used synth / 7 Ghorn shots on him, game over on the 2nd attempt.

Some people are just idiots about wiping. I get some frustration if it happens a bunch but getting worked up after one wipe? Wtf you aren't the president, your time isn't that important.

k1t4j

Is anyone doing a CE run right now? I can start fresh or we can use my death singer checkpoint.

Lv32 hunter on PSN

Jinjo

Bridge part is still complete easy mode btw. Do the despawn trick, get one dude across quickly. By the time the second guy is able to cross the ogres will have spawned. Killed one before the second dude even got there. Seeing an ogre getting killed with the sword was a sight to behold though lol. It gets pretty hairy with all the enemies though since everything just starts spawning on that side because of the despawn trick. Bungie definitely fucked up not patching that. You can probably easily hide on the upper side with a Hunter while the rest takes out the enemies with snipers.

Bridge part is still complete easy mode btw. Do the despawn trick, get one dude across quickly. By the time the second guy is able to cross the ogres will have spawned. Killed one before the second dude even got there. Seeing an ogre getting killed with the sword was a sight to behold though lol. It gets pretty hairy with all the enemies though since everything just starts spawning on that side because of the despawn trick. Bungie definitely fucked up not patching that. You can probably easily hide on the upper side with a Hunter while the rest takes out the enemies with snipers.

Can confirm. But when we tried it, only I went across and hid on the ogre side. But before the ogres showed up, the totems on the ogre side flared up for som reason and we all died. I want to know why this happened....

Shito

Anybody here did and understood the lamp jump?
I'm trying to do it on my warlock, and I can't seem to find how. It seems everytime in the middle of the jump the weight of darkness kicks in and cancels my glide...

Jinjo

Can confirm. But when we tried it, only I went across and hid on the ogre side. But before the ogres showed up, the totems on the ogre side flared up for som reason and we all died. I want to know why this happened....

Hmm really? We had that happen the first time too, but I think someone died at/left one of the totems on the lower side while the bridge was being kept up still. Second time went without a hitch.

Some people are just idiots about wiping. I get some frustration if it happens a bunch but getting worked up after one wipe? Wtf you aren't the president, your time isn't that important.

Yea I guess he was upset since they've already spent 20 minutes on him and it shouldn't have taken that long. But an extra body obviously saved the most time.

Rubenov

Also anyone notice that at least ONE person on the team gets an exotic from death singer each time? Today ive seen Plan Cs, Patience and Time, Red Death, Icebreakers all drop

4 people in my group got exotics from the Deathsinger in the same run...

I wasn't one of them

Top Bottom