• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

What's the burn on this week's nightfall? And, is there a burn on the weekly heroic? Am I crazy, or was there a burn on the weekly heroic at least once before?

Arc is the burn. The weekly never has any burns.

edit: there has?

edit again: well I guess I need to pay more attention, lol.

Greenymac

Looking to get a group together for a Crota Run about 6:15 eastern time.

1. Greenymac 32-Warlock- Can run sword.

If anyone else wants to learn to run sword , im fine with that. Please quote the post and add yourself to the list. If we arent already friends, shoot me a friend request and I'll add you from the Sony app.

Cømet

Banned
Unfuckingbelievable.

Me and two buddies do in Deathsinger, nice and quick and smooth. Rewards:

Me: 2 energy (sigh)
Buddy 1: Butt tassels (lol)
Buddy 2: Gjallarhorn

Seriously. His THIRD Gjallarhorn. Second in the last two weeks. For real. What the actual fuck.
This loot system is the absolute worst.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Cømet;148353632 said:
Unfuckingbelievable.

Seriously. His THIRD Gyallahorn. Second in the last two weeks. For real. What the actual feck.

RNG. Someone this morning got his first Thunderlord, which was great, but I've received 5 so far. 0 ghorns. :(

DNAbro

Looking to get a group together for a Crota Run about 6:15 eastern time.

2. DNAbro

If anyone else wants to learn to run sword , im fine with that. Please quote the post and add yourself to the list. If we arent already friends, shoot me a friend request and I'll add you from the Sony app.

2. DNAbro

les go, note i might be level 31 by the time it starts.

Cømet

Banned
RNG. Someone this morning got his first Thunderlord, which was great, but I've received 5 so far. 0 ghorns. :(

My mate suggested the odds of getting something you already have is higher than something you haven't, and for all accounts I've ever heard that seems to be true. I keep getting Icebreakers.

NB: RNG and Bungie can blow it out their asses.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I actually think the player base is growing. Plus more people are getting confident. I'd like to give VoG a shot sometime for sure.
Ah yeah I didn't realize you hadn't still! definitely hope you can make it sometime soon.
What's the burn on this week's nightfall? And, is there a burn on the weekly heroic? Am I crazy, or was there a burn on the weekly heroic at least once before?
There's an Arc on both, and there have been burns plenty of the time.

It's like this, Nightfalls have Heroic, Epic, Nightfall and two bonus modifiers, one of which is usually a Burn.

Weekly Heroics have Heroic and one bonus modifier. When this modifier is a Burn, the Weekly Heroic is much easier than the Nightfall. When it isn't, it can really depend.

Cømet;148353632 said:
Unfuckingbelievable.

Seriously. His THIRD Gjallarhorn. Second in the last two weeks. For real. What the actual fuck.
This loot system is the absolute worst.

It is more believable by the day. The biggest lie is that it really is RNG. We have some shitty broken PsuedoRNG. Why would I get 3x Thunderlords in a month but not another single Heavy Exotic ever. Everyone got a seed and only some people are lucky enough to get 1 or even several Gjallarhorns.

Phogoth in 20 seconds with Thunderlords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll4cBdNDBjY

23138d1393925172-recommend-me-screen-cleaner-fox-window-lick-o.gif

E92 M3

It is more believable by the day. The biggest lie is that it really is RNG. We have some shitty broken PsuedoRNG. Why would I get 3x Thunderlords in a month but not another single Heavy Exotic ever. Everyone got a seed and only some people are lucky enough to get 1 or even several Gjallarhorns.

Yes, no way it's pure RNG with so many instances of people getting duplicates of certain weapons. I've had 3 NLB and 3 Ice Breakers. Also a gazillion - yes gazillion - found verdicts.

EL CUCO

Just to give you an idea of what Revenant looks like, I have a photo of it on my Hunter, but it's much darker on my Warlock, for whatever reason.
Yeah I don't like how it looks on the Hunter. I think Blacksmith looks better.

It looks sexy on Warlock and Titan, though.

Yes, no way it's pure RNG with so many instances of people getting duplicates of certain weapons. I've had 3 NLB and 3 Ice Breakers. Also a gazillion - yes gazillion - found verdicts.

Don't remind me about FV. I got one every VoG run for like 2 months. I gave up on Fatebringer cuz I never want to run Templar again. Gorgon and Atheon each week is all I can handle.

At this point, it's like. If you have a Gjallarhorn, you'll probably get another. If you don't have one, you'll never get one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Agh :-/

spyder_ur

Had some good groups the last couple weeks, looking to put together a CE run tonight around 8ish, maybe a few minutes later. I'll be drinking, I think. Looking for a relaxed run. Desperately seeking boots on my Hunter and Warlock to get to 32.

1. Schwagger15 (spyder_ur) - 31 Hunter probably
2. Underdouble (31 Warlock)
3. Ethomaz
4. CaptScience (32 Warlock)
5. Forza_aldi

DoubleD

Had some good groups the last couple weeks, looking to put together a CE run tonight around 8ish, maybe a few minutes later.

1. Schwagger15 (spyder_ur) - 31 Hunter probably
Can I get on as a possible or secondary?
PSN: UnderDouble
Have a level 31 warlock.

Lol, you already know the "RNG" is my bane of this game. I can barely take it anymore. Last week was the first time in months that I didn't blow a gasket because of Xur and Raid/NF rewards. A rare week to keep my blood pressure in check. If it wasn't for GAF, I would have quit long ago. I probably should quit, but I can't.

Maybe they should take out the definitive statements at the ends of strike replays.

Finally, the (37,000th reincarnation) of Phogoth has been defeated.

Top Bottom