• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Every warlock is rocking this look with the same shader. Time to switch up.

I've been working towards a DO shader, but I'm actually really liking the way the IB gear looks with Obsidian Mind with no shader:

l2ZPipb.png

(Looks a lot better in game of course since the bluer parts look more black)

lol I don't even wanna think about Bloodborne and a new DLC for this being hot at the same time.

aaaahhhh! no XD

A Nami, or more germanely a small handful of Namis playerbase-wide, is exactly the kind of outlier you expect to result from a random system. Trying to ascribe his experience (or my own) to something other than good (or average or bad) luck is where logic goes completely out the window from my perspective. If everyone's drops were more or less equitable, that would point toward a non-random, "guided" system. Do you know what I mean?

Well, that's an altogether different argument, worthy of debate.

Oh yes, those outliers certainly exist and would be expected with an RNG system. The unbunbelievable aspect is that a relatively miniscule community on GAF compared to the millions of players online, that one of those outliers resides here.

I understand RNG. I have a graduate degree in a technical field and have taken probability courses and even designed some RNG systems in CS. I just lose some rational thought when playing this game :p

Guys... I have good news.

My Vita for Remote Play will arrive this Sunday... my little brother bought it in his vacation... I can't wait to play Destiny in places I couldn't before :p

I have a Vita... it's a slippery slope. My girlfriend was blatantly trying to get laid one time and I was too busy playing Vita/Destiny to notice.

"Are you seriously playing that game right now while I'm trying to have sex with you?"

Choosing Destiny over sex = serious problem
(that I have)

Namikaze1

A man goes into the Pit. A man doesn't come out. What comes out is something you can never understand.

I have let go of my earthly tether. I entered the void. Empty and I became wind.

I've been working towards a DO shader, but I'm actually really liking the way the IB gear looks with Obsidian Mind with no shader:

(Looks a lot better in game of course since the bluer parts look more black)

I did some IB grinding yesterday so I could get that chest piece. Now I have the boots, chest and arms. It's so pretty. Especially with the polar oak shader which adds some green accents. Will post a screen cap later

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh yes, those outliers certainly exist and would be expected with an RNG system. The unbunbelievable aspect is that a relatively miniscule community on GAF compared to the millions of players online, that one of those outliers resides here.
a) Depending on how stringent our criteria for "outlier" has to be, I'm sure it's more than one, Nami is DEFINITELY not the only person here to have every Exotic for example, and I'm not even that far off myself. Despite buying both from Xur, I've also found a Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker RNGwise, got three Hawkmoons each from a different source, and I got the Mythoclast my first time ever beating Atheon on hard :p Most people just don't rub it in the faces of the rest of DGAF that much. ;) Plus think of all the lurkers, or those reading that don't have their accounts registered yet.
b) Relatively miniscule- hehe. This thread which has existed for a whopping 7 days has got 348,770 views right now. This is an enormous subcommunity. I really can't stress it enough. There are a goddamn ton of us. Seriously. It's like a big deal. I'd honestly be more shocked if we didn't have a single member we could point to as particularly lucky, just as we have someone like Byron running HM VoG 40+ times or whatever without a Vex in sight.
c) Calling attention to the millions of players really is the crux of the whole thing here: in Destiny, you as an individual player experience one in a million events all the damn time, because there ARE millions of players. In fact, it's no real stretch of the imagination to say that it's possible you are the only player among millions to have experienced certain very statistically unlikely event sets, especially the more narrow you get about it.
I understand RNG. I have a graduate degree in a technical field and have taken probability courses and even design some RNG systems in CS. I just lose some rational thought when playing this game :p
You're putting your finger on the trigger with this issue in my mind. It's like people lose all sense of basic rationality because of their individual experiences. Not unique to Destiny at all, mind you- but it's one of the biggest culprits I've ever seen.

I did some IB grinding yesterday so I could get that chest piece. Now I have the boots, chest and arms. It's so pretty. Especially with the polar oak shader which adds some green accents. Will post a screen cap later

Yeah, I was mainly doing IB with my alt to get the gear he needed, but I've been salivating over that Warlock chest since the first one and ended up grinding my main as well to get it (and then the gloves since why not). I'm going to be mad when they become obsolete :[

Pickman

So lets take a step back from the normal stuff we discuss here and tell a little story about our characters. Something short and sweet that sums up what you like to think of them.

Pickman the Warlock:
I was bone and dust and well-fed worms. I don't remember my life before the Ghost found me. I only remember a sudden bright light when it ended and the penny-hot taste of blood. Now I am the sun, the void between stars, and vengeance given form.

Just have to combine your hobbies. When one of you is (baller)horny, just introduce her to your Little Light and keep grinding until you've conquered the Black Garden.

1) Little Light... that's borderline offensive

2) Black Garden... um, ya know what? Never mind, I'm not even going to go there...

Dazzler

Anyone want to hit up the nightfall and weekly (nine coins) at 4.30PST/7.30EST?

Have soccer later on so want to squeeze in as much as I can before I have to go

Shito

First nightfall with my girlfriend, as usual: we both got 11 coins.
Not that bad of a reward, but not that exciting either...

Any gorgon cp ongoing? :)

blazeuk

VoG finally dropped the Vex Mythoclast for me, I was starting to think it just wasn't to be! Also got Praetorian Foil in the same run which I didn't have so the only weapon that hasn't dropped for me in VoG now is Fatebringer. I can actually forget all about the 2 NF runs I did giving me nothing but coins now.

Cheers to those who I was playing with.

Top Bottom