• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No cheese room obviously :p
In that case, absolutely, I will do so this week and stream it :) Just need two (un)willing souls to come with!

This is a great opportunity to put in practice some of the stuff I've been thinking about recently with regard to the "hidden trinity" that exists in Destiny. Still fleshing out ideas, but putting a post together bit by bit.

If anyone wants to take a stab at this Nightfall legit, maybe today in the early evening EST, let's talk via PM a little.

I was curious as to what Datto, vaunted anti-cheese guru, did as an example here. I found this video of him soloing it and was ready to be impressed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze61FYOiipk#t=1324)... He uses the shrieker room. -_-
Just giving you a hard time. I would say it is legit as long as no one re-enters the Shrieker room. Any rock or hiding spot outside isn't 100% safe so it is ok.
Then hard time or not, challenge accepted 8)

I was curious as to what Datto, vaunted anti-cheese guru, did as an example here. I found this video of him soloing it and was ready to be impressed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze61FYOiipk#t=1324)... He uses the shrieker room. -_-

He's a man of unparalleled integrity.

Good luck. I would come if I had the Patience and Time. Well, I do have P&T, just not literally, or allegorically er, you get the idea.

MildSoss

Three nightfalls and all three exotics i already have. Got so excited when i saw an exotic chest for my warlock, turns out to be another Voidfangs.

God damn it. :(

Steroyd

Lesbian bears are apparently a thing. Smooth transition into...

What classes do people want to bring for hard raid tomorrow? Obviously we'll all bring a Lv32 for the first run and most of us will have 3 Lv32s but we should kinda plan that out, including who wants to do the sword with which class since it will be back to the dark days of Lv31 swords. Honestly the Hunter invis strat is the easiest way to get consistent big damage on him but anything will work.

Like Nami mentioned we can just skip the chests for now and run straight through as fast as possible. I don't think "world's first" will mean much since tons of people will likely finish quickly, right around the same time. But it would still be fun to be "in the mix" so to speak.

I'd love to say I'd bring my A game with my Titan but I'm torn because that means wearing those shitty exotic boots to level 32. My hunter has the 3 pieces + exotic that I'm happy with configuration wise.

What class you want to bring for HM tomorrow?
Bringing my hunter at first. Primary will be fatebringer (depends on how well it performs) lash and rapier. Speical will be black hammer and Ice breaker and heavy will be gjallerhorn.
But honestly it doesn't matter to me. I have all lvl32s and can bring any depending on the raid team.

EL CUCO

In that case, absolutely, I will do so this week and stream it :) Just need two (un)willing souls to come with!

This is a great opportunity to put in practice some of the stuff I've been thinking about recently with regard to the "hidden trinity" that exists in Destiny. Still fleshing out ideas, but putting a post together bit by bit.

If anyone wants to take a stab at this Nightfall legit, maybe today in the early evening EST, let's talk via PM a little.

Well...soloing would mandate the Shrieker room, imo. I'd venture to say not even Bungie devs in a Fireteam could tackle Phogoth legit during a Nightfall. It's probably the reason why that room has never been closed off.

Navid

No cheese room obviously :p
Sitting in the Shrieker room is probably the worst/slowest way to defeat Phogoth to be honest...

So much easier and faster to simply take care of the enemies in the boss room, go in to the left between the two boulders and free Phogot and kill him (only need to worry about the enemies that drop from 1 single dropship).

Edit: Just to be clear I have no issue with people who want to sit in the Shrieker room (I've always believe in playing games however you want as long as it doesn't affect others enjoyment), I'm simply commenting on how much more inefficient/messy the method is.

Well...soloing would mandate the Shrieker room, imo. I'd venture to say not even Bungie devs in a Fireteam could tackle Phogoth legit during a Nightfall. It's probably the reason why that room has never been closed off.
Nah, I've soloed Phogoth in the spot I described above during Nightfall plenty of times, I find him to probably be one of the easiest/safest Strike bosses to solo since enemies don't keep spawning in constantly as you fight him.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cømet;148343177 said:
Anyone having problems with the second bridge bit, specifically orges just not spawning at all?
Nah. Explain your strategy and I can probably help pinpoint the issue with the trigger.

Dazzler

Sitting in the Shrieker room is probably the worst/slowest way to defeat Phogoth to be honest...

So much easier and faster to simply take care of the enemies in the boss room, go in to the left between the two boulders and free Phogot and kill him (only need to worry about the enemies that drop from 1 single dropship).

I don't think I've ever cheesed phogoth

The Shrieker room is too much of a pain in the ass

Ditto with the ledge above The Nexus thanks to the minotaur that spawns on the regular

zewone

I remember on launch day telling this strike to eat crap because it was impossible. I think the level recommendation was level 8 or 10. Without any cheese tactics it's just ridiculously overwhelming.

I don't get how using cover and specific cover spots that avoids the possibility of being flanked is some how considered cheese? The only time I consider it even a little cheesy is when it is cover found in unexpected areas or exploiting broken in game geometry. But again, we are playing within a game world and trying to find the best possible location sometimes requires being creative. Running around like rambo doesn't make something legit. You are just using a different tactic. Cover and concealment are the absolute most basic tactics in any form of infantry based combat. Going Leroy Jenkins can be fun, and in itself a tactic, but it is no more "legit" than playing smart with available cover and fall back points.

I remember on launch day telling this strike to eat crap because it was impossible. I think the level recommendation was level 8 or 10. Without any cheese tactics it's just ridiculously overwhelming.

Yeah with 3X the arc damage output from Knights/wizards and light switch? GTFO

I remember when we first started playing I was a level 24 and my friends were 22 and we tried the weekly level 22 heroic legit and it was incredibly difficult. Not sure if it had burns or not. At the time we didn't know about cheesing

Cømet

Banned
Nah. Explain your strategy and I can probably help pinpoint the issue with the trigger.

You can probably guess :p lol we sword swung across since we're waiting for half our team to show up still. Gatekeepers and Swordbearers etc are all still spawning fine but no wizards or ogres.

Chalking it up to another stealth fix at the minute.

EDIT: Yep stealth fix, soon as both folks on the first side died everything started spawning. Lol.

Curious that Ishtar Sink hasn't been a Nightfall since patch or maybe I am misremembering.

patchday

Bringing my hunter at first. Primary will be fatebringer (depends on how well it performs) lash and rapier. Speical will be black hammer and Ice breaker and heavy will be gjallerhorn.
But honestly it doesn't matter to me. I have all lvl32s and can bring any depending on the raid team.

Still need Black Hammer

Maybe one of you guys should stream the raid. I personally plan to stick to normal for a bit. I didn't bother buying the expansion til the other day so I'm just now getting used to Normal. Can't imagine how bad I'd get owned if I went straight to Hard right now :)

Besides the under the platform area I'm not aware of any other cheese spots. Maybe they know it will be damn near impossible to do it legit

Arcburn + Lightswitch would be damn near impossible with stealth vandals and melee captains.

I think you can lure the Priest over near the entrance to the map and keep him there as you snipe from the entrance ledge. Never tried it, but heard this was possible.

Thoughts?
10887216_347804322092994_4775293951173180764_o.jpg

Also has explosive rounds, snapshot, High caliber rounds.

Stay at the cliff where you drop down into the final boss area is another method.

Arcburn + Lightswitch would be damn near impossible with stealth vandals and melee captains.

I think you can lure the Priest over near the entrance to the map and keep him there as you snipe from the entrance ledge. Never tried it, but heard this was possible.

I haven't tried that method but I've heard about it. With all burns though anything can kill you super fast. The drop ship can just one shot you out of nowhere

Thoughts?
10887216_347804322092994_4775293951173180764_o.jpg

Also has explosive rounds, snapshot, High caliber rounds.

I would keep it. I have a 300 version with outlaw, crowd control, field scout, and send it. I don't think I'll get another hand cannon like that one ever again. So good

I haven't tried that method but I've heard about it. With all burns though anything can kill you super fast. The drop ship can just one shot you out of nowhere
You can have one person remain at the top of the cliff. Most likely the drop ship won't be able to kill you. Or have a warlock with self res as well :)

Ambitious

I'm not home but I can when I can later. Is Superblack even available in the game? Don't think I've seen anyone with it.

Cool.
Apparently you're right about Superblack not being available yet; when I google for it, all I find are posts asking how to get it. Nobody seems to have it.

Top Bottom