• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Stillmatic

Got my first Hypehorn last night in Nightfall, after playing regularly since launch. I was pretty excited, lol. Then I notice my workmate got a Badger CCL with Outlaw, Firefly, Flared Magwell and Send it...

What is everyone's weapon setup looking like for Hard Mode Crota's End tomorrow?

Primary: Fatebringer (only 300 level weapon I will be using), Vanquisher VIII, Santerienne Rapier
Special: IceBreaker, Light of the Abyss
Heavy: Gjallerhorn, Song of Ir Yut

I have pretty much every weapon, so if there is one that may be more useful I haven't thought of give a suggestion!

I'll be running my Voidwalker:

Primary: Fatebringer, Vex Mythoclast
Secondary: Longbow Synthesis, Ice Breaker, Plug One
Heavy: Gjallarhorn, Hezen Vengeance, Thunderlord.

joecanada

a) Depending on how stringent our criteria for "outlier" has to be, I'm sure it's more than one, Nami is DEFINITELY not the only person here to have every Exotic for example, and I'm not even that far off myself. Despite buying both from Xur, I've also found a Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker RNGwise, got three Hawkmoons each from a different source, and I got the Mythoclast my first time ever beating Atheon on hard :p Most people just don't rub it in the faces of the rest of DGAF that much. ;) Plus think of all the lurkers, or those reading that don't have their accounts registered yet.
b) Relatively miniscule- hehe. This thread which has existed for a whopping 7 days has got 348,770 views right now. This is an enormous subcommunity. I really can't stress it enough. There are a goddamn ton of us. Seriously. It's like a big deal. I'd honestly be more shocked if we didn't have a single member we could point to as particularly lucky, just as we have someone like Byron running HM VoG 40+ times or whatever without a Vex in sight.
c) Calling attention to the millions of players really is the crux of the whole thing here: in Destiny, you as an individual player experience one in a million events all the damn time, because there ARE millions of players. In fact, it's no real stretch of the imagination to say that it's possible you are the only player among millions to have experienced certain very statistically unlikely event sets, especially the more narrow you get about it.

You're putting your finger on the trigger with this issue in my mind. It's like people lose all sense of basic rationality because of their individual experiences. Not unique to Destiny at all, mind you- but it's one of the biggest culprits I've ever seen.

RNG can be frustrating at times but you can always buy things and some of the best things at that... most of the time I complain because "not another suros" or "not another monte carlo" but really the chance of getting one weapon like say Hawkmoon, which I need, is pretty small.... doesn't mean your options are really that limited though....

SLCCDQX.png

EL CUCO

In that case, absolutely, I will do so this week and stream it :) Just need two (un)willing souls to come with!

This is a great opportunity to put in practice some of the stuff I've been thinking about recently with regard to the "hidden trinity" that exists in Destiny. Still fleshing out ideas, but putting a post together bit by bit.

If anyone wants to take a stab at this Nightfall legit, maybe today in the early evening EST, let's talk via PM a little.

I was curious as to what Datto, vaunted anti-cheese guru, did as an example here. I found this video of him soloing it and was ready to be impressed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze61FYOiipk#t=1324)... He uses the shrieker room. -_-

Then hard time or not, challenge accepted 8)
I finally got around to watching this. Funny, he didn't use the Shrieker room for Arc burn. http://youtu.be/wPpqph4Pmvk
I guess one hit wonder Phogoth can claim any mans pride during void burn lol

M3Rocket

That seems far more dangerous and just as timely as waiting for Shrieker to despawn a few times.

Not really for me. Especially if everyone on the team communicates and focus their fire on ANY enemy charging the area. Having a Bubblebro or Self-res Warlock helps in terms of safety. But we didn't wipe a single time on our runs last night.

For extra safety, you can have one Guardian jump behind the "safe rock" on the ledge behind this area. I don't like being there since movement is restricted.

I've really not had any problems the dozens of times I've done this for Phogoth in the last few months. Xylor mod is the only one that's problematic with this tactic since there are automatic spawns at 25%, 50% and 75%.

And BTW--all of us were 31+. I suppose if anyone was 29 or below, this would be risky on Nightfall with Arc burn. The problem with the shrieker room isn't just the shrieker, it's that the doorway gets blocked with adds. And it takes forever to kill Phogoth cause you can't get three guardians unloading MG's and snipers on his critical spot.

Edit: Looked up the time it took for the 3 NF's I ran using this method earlier today. 1st one with a new GAF friend: 24 mins 2 secs. 2nd and 3rd with friends I've co-oped with for months 22 mins 33 secs and 16 mins flat.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I finally got Hawkmoon after playing this game regularly for so many months... Still no GHorn, still no Thunderlord...

Congrats. Lovely gun. I'm not sure why, but I nearly always double everyone else's kill total in strikes when I use the Hawkmoon.

FirewalkR

Hi there, need 3 people for Crota, since the beginning or possibly from the Bridge, if no one needs the Abyss. Any takers? Add me (PSN: FirewalkR) or just join the fireteam if you already have my contact.

I finally got Hawkmoon after playing this game regularly for so many months... Still no GHorn, still no Thunderlord...

Deku - I believe we both did our first raid together on VoG way back. Unfortunately, we must have picked up the NO OP Heavy Weapon Exotic seed at that time. I can't remember who else was there (maybe CollegeBoy) but I'd love to know if they ever found a GHorn or Thunderlord.

Jrmint

Alright guys I'm gonna start up the Nightfall.

Feel free to join on my group. PSN - Palom12

Looking to do at least 2 NF and 2 weeklies:

Top Bottom