• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

jaaz

Monte Carlo from Gorgon chest. Is it any good after they "buffed" it? I really don't see many people using it to be honest...

GutZ31

Anyone have a hard more Templar checkpoint? Or gorgon/gatekeeper for VoG hard mode?

I would also be willing to start from the beginning, if I could get 3 more willing to take part in it.

zewone

Phogoth is relatively easy--especially with any burn. When you first get to the arena, clear all the adds first without shooting at Phogoth. The team can use the left side pillars and platforms to clear the arc-boomers. Then everyone head towards the left rock at the corner of the platform and free Phogoth.

Three Guardians can use the rock and crit Phogoth from there. Done right, you really only have one drop ship worth of spawns who can attack that area directly, which is easy to deal with. And NO Wizards spawn. Also, MGs work better than RLs on Phogoth's critical spot.

We breezed through Nightfall Phogoth three times after reset--taking maybe 20 minutes per run. It took longer clearing the Wizards and Boomers waiting for that inept Ghost to frakkin' open the door. Eris tells us that "In its dying breath, the Traveler released the ghosts... to open doors!" Well, they really suck at doing that in a timely fashion.

That seems far more dangerous and just as timely as waiting for Shrieker to despawn a few times.

They took away Golden Gun, Combustion and all cloaks.

Wait, what?

rayj_9_gif3.gif

Palocca

Monte Carlo from Gorgon chest. Is it any good after they "buffed" it? I really don't see many people using it to be honest...

It's really fun with a melee build. It also makes a really cool sound when the instant melee cooldown is triggered.

It is the be all end all machine gun. The only issue is that it's exotic and not Gjallahorn. It's used a lot in PVP because it's ridiculously overpowered but even there, I use Hawkmoon and Vex and unless I'm playing super seriously, I don't bother switching primaries and Heavies around when ammo spawns. Sometimes I do.

It's a great weapon but I wish it was a little easier to handle once the roF picks up

Yooooooo just got THA mothafukin Titan CE helmet!!!! Now all that separates me from 32 is some shards :D

In other news, the Spear with final round is straight broke in doubles. Like legit unfair. Me and a friend both ran it and we steam rolled the other pair, they had no chance, only a nova bomb and one crate of heavy ammo gave them any reprieve.

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets nerfed soon.

NO, I did not need another Achlyophage Symbiote.

At least I was able to shard it to fully level the one I already owned, and can finally replace that ATS.

Burke I'm trying to join you and it keeps saying party closed. Can I get another invite? I'm ready whenever, just hopped in someones game--Don't give up my spot!

Top Bottom