• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

blackflag

I have all 3 characters stacked with 5000 xp bounties. Trying to finish them all tonight. Hopefully I can get the Crota Scout rifle and/or hand cannon tomorrow and max it out real quick by turing in those bounties. I guess the scout rifle looks the best to me...they seem much worse than the VOG primaries, ignoring the 300 damage max on those. It would be nice to have a void primary weapon besides epilogue though.

vader_NOOOO.jpg

I'll be with you in ghost form.

Zombine

Banned
Crota (7pm EST PS4?)

1 Zombine (30, Warlock, Sunsinger, IceBreaker/Black Hammer)
2 LTWood12
3 Frostburn

Looking for 3 more, preferably someone who wants to run sword. A ton of us are back to work and school from the holidays, so my prefefence would be to cheese the hell out of this thing and run it in 45 minutes.

Entropy912

Neo Member
if they did it last night they probably despawned the enemies on the first side by going into the back the room. seems to spawn the ogres for some reason. but it wont happen anymore since it was hot fixed today. basically how it will work now is when there is at least one person on the far side and no one (alive) on the first side. the ogres will trigger. but basically the machanics are as follows

kill sword bearer
cross the bridge
kill gatekeeper
rinse and repeat 6 times
kill ogres
done

Yes we did despawn the enemies initially but we didn't have a warlock res. It was simply despawn the enemies, construct the bridge / kill sword bearer, one guy cross and kill gate keeper and hide while everybody else covers him from the other side, and then the ogres spawn for some reason and we kill them. It's so odd that despawning the enemies initially is some how related to triggering the ogres that end the fight. But I guess it's patched now?

When did they remove Hive Disruptor on Black Hammer? Completely missed it if it happened in the CE cheese fix patch.

Edit: Ok, yeah, it was the CE cheese fix.

Frostburn

Crota (7pm EST PS4?)

2 LTWood12
3 Frostburn

Looking for 3 more, preferably someone who wants to run sword. A ton of us are back to work and school from the holidays, so my prefefence would be to cheese the hell out of this thing and run it in 45 minutes.

7pm sounds good, if we don't have a 32 for sword I can run it on either of my 31s.

Palocca

based on the patch notes from last week and the new ones this week, the de-spawn doesnt work, technically.

however you can still do it.

get ones person across the bridge safely,
everyone on the 1st side dies incuding a warlock with radiance.
once the game recognizes the only surviving player is on the far side thus trggering the final encounter. warlock res and revive all other players. it wont despawn (from what Ive read) but it will allow sniping

P.s. I dont condone cheesing if you dont have to. the bridge encounter is fun. learn it, love it, live it

Oh, interesting. I like to do the bridge part legit because it is fun. But I was just curious if there were any loopholes to the fixes, and sure enough, there are.

LTWood12

Crota (7pm EST PS4?)

2 LTWood12
3 Frostburn

i'm out unfortunately. That's a bit too early for me.

Hahaha reaper I loved Ice and Slider

I was waiting to see if he completed the quote from the end of the flick

This is the top of the next page? Am I going to hear about this from Dr. Drizzay? Well crap. ;)

Insert random rant here about patch notes, RNG, NEED MOAR VAULT SPACE, or I HATE CHEEZE

Dammit I missed a great icebreaker joke as well...

Highway robbery.

idUZKQ2ydmu8U.png

Sometimes I swear people play with me just to get drops. Someone always seems to get something. Not me though. Never me

*cries*

MegalonJJ

Banned
I have to sell my current XBox One, and if I do a factory reset, will I lose all my Destiny data?

I'm planning to get another XB1 in several months time and would like to know that once I set it up, I'll have all my save data and dlc purchases.

Waldini

RNG... Why?

Friend got the Horn last week. He picked up 2 after that. Seems like once you OWN said Exotic you have a higher chance of getting it again?

Namikaze1

The results are in!

Here's the team that shall attempt to be the first to beat Crota's End. Or the first GAF team to do so. Whatever.

1) namikaze1 - 32 Titan Defender
2) Figadapaura - 32 Hunter (fig hasn't said what class she'll be using but I'm guessing it will be her hunter)
3) rodiard - 32 any class
4) Captain_Cold - 32 Hunter/Titan
5) zewone - 32 Titan
6) KxozZ - 32 Warlock

Again:
Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM PST/12 PM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

For those who won't be joining and/or just want to follow our attempt:
Stream will be up on: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01

Stream will go up half an hour early so around 9:30 AM PST / 12:30 PM EST. I want it up early so that I don't have to waste any time setting it up once the game has been updated with tomorrow's patch. I'll post a link here for when it is up.

I'll be sending out friend requests to those who aren't on my friend list.
Fig is out! She left me! And she took that sweet knife with her!

Click here for Nami's reaction

W-Who wants to be our sixth?

Waldini

I have to sell my current XBox One, and if I do a factory reset, will I lose all my Destiny data?

I'm planning to get another XB1 in several months time and would like to know that once I set it up, I'll have all my save data and dlc purchases.

Destiny stuff is server sided. All your progress is at Bungie/Microsoft/Activision.

DLC and other games are linked to your MS account. You should be able to re-download it.

Is anyone forming a party for CE hard mode for tomorrow, or does anyone want to be in one? Me and a friend have the day off and were going to try. If anyone has 2 spots or wants to start one my PSN is greyblade.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You weren't supposed to drop a pic of my shame lol. Engram turned into Helm of Saint-14...I don't have a titan.

It's alright. I have everything I ever want right now. Anything is just icing. Besides, purple engrams always turns into something bad for me.

Going to get first CE chest, solo first part and then do the weekly for my second.

M3Rocket

Ha, I am opposed to cheese as a method of merely seeking the path of least resistance. But you can see my stance, in fact with regard to this particularly strike, in this post.

To phrase what I'm getting at there another way: Nightfalls are a perfect example of when I will take advantage of and even teach others cheesy methods- they're what I demonstrate during "Nightfall clinics" on Fridays. This is because many Nightfalls are extreme, punishing challenges with massive risk. In many cases, for many groups, the cheesy method is the difference between success and failure- and failure carries an outrageous cost. They scream "break me, seriously, do whatever you can to survive!"

But I'd love to attempt Phogoth without cheese this time for the mere challenge with some willing participants. Could you clarify as to what you would consider cheese and what you wouldn't for these purposes, based on the previous discussion of the strike?

Phogoth is relatively easy--especially with any burn. When you first get to the arena, clear all the adds first without shooting at Phogoth. The team can use the left side pillars and platforms to clear the arc-boomers. Then everyone head towards the left rock at the corner of the platform and free Phogoth.

Three Guardians can use the rock and crit Phogoth from there. Done right, you really only have one drop ship worth of spawns who can attack that area directly, which is easy to deal with. And NO Wizards spawn. Also, MGs work better than RLs on Phogoth's critical spot.

We breezed through Nightfall Phogoth three times after reset--taking maybe 20 minutes per run. It took longer clearing the Wizards and Boomers waiting for that inept Ghost to frakkin' open the door. Eris tells us that "In its dying breath, the Traveler released the ghosts... to open doors!" Well, they really suck at doing that in a timely fashion.

Top Bottom