• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks everyone. Another Song of Ir. Like my 4th.

I can confirm you can still solo the bridge with the sword trick. It is very difficult though. And since you can only despawn way up there, it's limited to basically Titans.

GhaleonEB

The entire Crota fight is dependent on how good the sword carrier is...VoG required so much more team coordination.

CE is better on the initial run, but VoG is more replayable, IMO.

It really didn't feel like it, especially a the bridge section; that was the most fun I've had with any part of either raid. The pit was a fun, semi-coordinated frenzy as well. I really disliked being relic holder at any point in VoG, though that is similar to the sword carrier at Crota. Something about the relic/time mechanics in VoG rubs me the wrong way; I didn't enjoy those areas in either of my runs. :\

Ryck

I can confirm you can still solo the bridge with the sword trick. It is very difficult though. And since you can only despawn way up there, it's limited to basically Titans.
Thanks for the run.

TacticalFailure

Neo Member

I watched the last half of the crota kill on twitch. Great teamwork!

I was watching you guys. Did I miss anything or did the hive boomer knights just not attack the sword bearer when you guys were hitting on Crota?

Oh they did attack me >_< almost took me down during the second sword.
We had a sniper take care of one side which helps a lot.

Hopefully we can get a group going for hard mode later tonight.

You have a group that's missing two people right?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Fun time is over. We'll all be crying today.

Should leave knight duty to me. I'm a jack of all trades but I think I have knight duty down to perfection. I could take care of both sides from the left. And even the ads that appear when Ogres appear. It's all about knowing the mechanics and staying ahead of the game itself.

You have a group that's missing two people right?

I don't even know who's in my group. It's just going to be whoever is around at the time and is 32.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Knights are the biggest problems for swordbearers. You take away the knights and using the sword is much easier. Luck plays a part on whether they see you and spam.

Watch how I took on him solo Gan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6X4uWq0ydY
Only thing I was worried about the whole time is knights seeing me and going buckwild.

Future

Finally used destinylfg to find a nightfall....damn why did I never do this? Got an invite to a party within minutes and then cruised through the nightfall and weekly. Damn all those times I bothered to solo that shit. Never again

GAF help me out with something. I have two vanquishers: one with hip fire, send it, and grenadier. The other has reactive reload, perfect balance, and crowd control. Which one should I level/keep?

Gdt, thanks for setting up that raid. I can't believe I got light of the abyss and baller horn to drop from Crota.

The second one for that sweet stack of reactive reload and crowd control. Kill reload Damage Bonus

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is it possible to solo the bridge and deathsinger part with a lvl 31 character? Of course with a bit of cheesing.

Possible but not very likely. Dozens of ads which could swarm you into insta-death and everything else can kill you in one hit. You would need world class dodging skills and doing this all while being near the totems or else.

Ganhyun

Knights are the biggest problems for swordbearers. You take away the knights and using the sword is much easier. Luck plays a part on whether they see you and spam.

Watch how I took on him solo Gan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6X4uWq0ydY
Only thing I was worried about the whole time is knights seeing me and going buckwild.

nice gameplay video.

I did not know that you could hang out right below him like that and not be hit.

Also, what scout rifle was that? I tend to use my Vision of Confluence, but that explosion perk is nice.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The calling. I either got it from an engram or ranking up something. I don't remember exactly. It has great perks for me. I had to use that scope for the extra speed otherwise I normally use the long range lense which maxes out the range. Fatebringer is also good for the encounter. Word of Crota will make it even easier thanks to the hive disruptor it will have.

Anyone have a glitch before when doing the deathsinger, you kill her during her lytergy countdown, but the clock just stops, the screen keeps flashing and you die anyway?

EL CUCO

Have to be up for work in 3hrs ahhh! Couldn't sleep until I knew my Raid chest was good and ready to be upgraded for 32 on my last toon.

All I need now is about 20 shards. I hope I can grab them in my first two hard mode playthroughs tomorrow.

Good night!
Good morning!

ocean

Banned
Ugh I'm 1 Radiant Shard short of maxing my Titan's Raid chest. With that he'll have a fully upgraded CE set, allowing me to switch between Saint-14, Ruin Wings and Armamentarium at will.

Between these two stat spreads which one should I go for with my Titan using Ruin Wings?

or

The main thing is the bottom one I can get with an Int/Disc chest which, if using Saint 14, gives me great stats (260 int + disc) whereas the top one is with a pure intellect chest which is way over 300 intellect if I decide to switch exotic.

Is it better to have max grenades than that extra bit to super recharge?

Top Bottom