• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Jinjo

I know a couple of 32s who want to do it tonight too. You want in? Same goes for xplicite, rubenov, ocean.

1. Me
2. Hzoltan
3. Bitofadrizzle
4. ...
5. ...
6. ...

If you guys are going in at around 8:30 PM GMT I'm game.

I can't even stay away from this game for a full day lol.

Many people only cheesed, so it's like CE went live last week.

How are people still stuck?

He went down more than million times already.

Sorry you had no luck with your teams.

Play with DGAF and and watch Crota die after 45 mins.

There was a tremendous amount of cheese for CE during the holidays, outside of regular/orgnanized teams everybody was cheesing that raid :) A lot of people never did it the proper/right way before the patch but they killed Crota anyway
It just boggles my mind that a lot of the times the sucky dudes where 32 or players who can't even grasp when not to stand on the totems or that orges spawn after two swords are trying to hit 32 so they can continue to hamper teams on Hard Mode as well.

bitsurugi

Well, with fig out, I'll be needing a 6th. Rubenov, xplicite, ocean, and a couple others offered their services.

Rubenov, if you can make it, the spot is yours. If not, xplicite or some of the others can take the spot.

Anyone interested in attempting to be the first GAF team to beat hard mode today?

We will be jumping into HM as soon as it is out.

1) namikaze1 - 32 Titan Defender
2) Bitsurugi - 32 Titan Defender/Striker as per need
3) rodiard - 32 any class
4) Captain_Cold - 32 Hunter/Titan
5) zewone - 32 Titan
6) KxozZ - 32 Warlock

Again:
Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM PST/12 PM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

For those who won't be joining and/or just want to follow our attempt:
Stream will be up on: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01

Stream will go up half an hour early so around 9:30 AM PST / 12:30 PM EST. I'll post a link here for when it is up.

I'll be sending out friend requests to those who aren't on my friend list.

Challenge accepted.

raindoc

I know a couple of 32s who want to do it tonight too. You want in? Same goes for xplicite, rubenov, ocean.

1. Me
2. Hzoltan
3. Bitofadrizzle
4. ...
5. ...
6. ...

Will do! :)

I'm just trying to keep my options open just in case someone pulls a fig and leaves before the party starts.

probably just got into another team. if you know you'll need a 6th early, let me know - i responded to your request first. if the other team is fully formed i can't/won't back out last minute.

EDIT2: nevermind

Jinjo

Awesome.

What happened to 'giving up real life gains for destiny gains' ;)

Will sort out a definite time with the others now.

Hahaha, no more, I'm not gonna cut out my gymtime to chase destiny loot (or in this case run hard mode), which is why it has to be 8:30 PM for me. ;) But yeah, just put me down as an alt for that timeslot.

You know you need me.

Rtas

Anybody have any advice on how to get crota down without spending 40 minutes doing it. My team and I have been trying to kill crota legit for a long time, yes we did the cheese a couple times for the emblem and stuff but every time we try legit it comes down to timing, our team has trouble taking the shield down at the correct time, most of the time the shield was going down before the sword bearer was even close to him.

Any thoughts?

Anybody have any advice on how to get crota down without spending 40 minutes doing it. My team and I have been trying to kill crota legit for a long time, yes we did the cheese a couple times for the emblem and stuff but every time we try legit it comes down to timing, our team has trouble taking the shield down at the correct time, most of the time the shield was going down before the sword bearer was even close to him.

Any thoughts?

Gjallarhorn. thats it.

MrS

Banned
probably just got into another team. if you know you'll need a 6th early, let me know - i responded to your request first. if the other team is fully formed i can't/won't back out last minute.
Fair enough. We'll be doing it at 7pm UK time and will need a 6th, yep.

Any thoughts?
one word: communication

swordbearer should be telling team when to start shooting. also, this can't happen unless the swordbear knows how quickly the team will bring the shields down. also also, the team should be communicating back how close crota is from kneeling "80%, 60%, 50%, 20% gogogogo" type stuff

primary only for the first take down: swordbearer should get them to start shooting as he goes under the bridge
rockets/ghorn take down: swordbearer calls it right before he's jumping onto the rocks
second take down the swordbearer should be getting into position, and it's mostly the team telling swordbearer when to jump up

also people should be the correct levels, 31 and a 32 sword. a 31 sword is ok but you hit rage right when killing crota. also also the knights on the side the swordbearer is approaching should be cleared, and swordbearer should never cross tot he other side or he'll be killed by the other knights

Ganhyun

Any thoughts?

our group had the issue of taking crota down too fast at first. We started having someone count down to knock him down. Sword guy has to be good at getting there quickly and those taking crota down cant be too impatient at the start.

Rtas

one word: communication

swordbearer should be telling team when to start shooting. also, this can't happen unless the swordbear knows how quickly the team will bring the shields down. also also, the team should be communicating back how close crota is from kneeling "80%, 60%, 50%, 20% gogogogo" type stuff

Well we usually keep crota hovering at about 50% until the sword bearer has the sword. once he does we take it down in 10 % increments until the shield is down. The trouble is, regardless of communication someone inevitably starts shooting with gjallarhorn and the shield just dorps when the bearer is still moving towards him.

I know this is just a discipline issue and we do drop crota legit, but it really leads to long raids which we can't afford when we're running it on 3 characters each

phen0m24

Any thoughts?

Timing. Once the guys get a feel for how long it takes :

Two rockets or one rocket plus machine gun or whatever the DPS guys are using you communicate that to sword.
"Shield at 50% - shield at 20% - ok jump up there!"

And wait until the sword is in position on the rock. Let him call out dps. And if the team is fast on DPS (read: has Gjallarhorn) then the sword can just jump to the rock and immediately jump up to the platform. He can speed up his approach by using the R1 melee button.

Just takes a little practice with the team to get the timing.

Well we usually keep crota hovering at about 50% until the sword bearer has the sword. once he does we take it down in 10 % increments until the shield is down. The trouble is, regardless of communication someone inevitably starts shooting with gjallarhorn and the shield just dorps when the bearer is still moving towards him.

I know this is just a discipline issue and we do drop crota legit, but it really leads to long raids which we can't afford when we're running it on 3 characters each
if you have/use ghorns you don't need to keep him hovering. no one should be shooting crota anyways until the swordbearer mob is dead

Namikaze1

The thing is, I'll be doing it early like as in the very moment it is out. We're trying to be the first to beat HM in the world. Though we will probably just end up being the first GAF team to do so. Bungie has said that HM will be manually unlocked some time after 10 AM PST /1 PM EST.

Rubenov said he will most likely be working during the time I'll be raiding. If you can make it about 15 minutes before the time above, the spot is yours. But if can't, it's understandable.

Edit: never mind. Bitsurugi is in.

Rtas

Timing. Once the guys get a feel for how long it takes :

Two rockets or one rocket plus machine gun or whatever the DPS guys are using you communicate that to sword.
"Shield at 50% - shield at 20% - ok jump up there!"

And wait until the sword is in position on the rock. Let him call out dps. And if the team is fast on DPS (read: has Gjallarhorn) then the sword can just jump to the rock and immediately jump up to the platform. He can speed up his approach by using the R1 melee button.

Just takes a little practice with the team to get the timing.

We're xbox one so it'd be RB but I get your point, I think a lot of it stems from the fact the sword bearer doesn't jump in our case he runs. Which I believe to be the biggest problem

Rtas

if you have/use ghorns you don't need to keep him hovering. no one should be shooting crota anyways until the swordbearer mob is dead

Only one in our group has the ballerhorn, I've been farming strikes and nightfalls for the last 2 months and haven't even glimpsed the almighty RL

Steroyd

Any thoughts?

Gjallarhorn. thats it.

No. Gjallahorn allows you to know well in advance when that fucker goes down the moment you fire the rocket which makes it easier but heavy weapons more notably rocket launchers with trackering also does the job to, it also requires the swordbearer to be able to jump up and get to Crota just before his shield breaks because he gets up so quick.

raindoc

The thing is, I'll be doing it early like as in the very moment it is out. We're trying to be the first to beat HM in the world. Though we will probably just end up being the first GAF team to do so. Bungie has said that HM will be manually unlocked some time after 10 AM PST /1 PM EST.

Rubenov said he will most likely be working during the time I'll be raiding. If you can make it about 15 minutes before the time above, the spot is yours. But if can't, it's understandable.

if it's most likely that i have the spot for an ASAP attempt, i'm all yours.

phen0m24

Or until the sword is in position.

Another option is to have a Hunter go bladedancer, crouch on the rock to inviz, call dps, immediately jump up there and as soon as shields is broken can hack away.

Btw, two Horn rockets at the same time wipe out his shield. So the sword should just jump up there as fast as possible. Lol

Jinjo

We're xbox one so it'd be RB but I get your point, I think a lot of it stems from the fact the sword bearer doesn't jump in our case he runs. Which I believe to be the biggest problem

Jumping from the rock on the right is definitely your best bet. As someone else said, don't bother with keeping the shield steady. You can dps him enough no problem with heavies/snipers. Kill the swordbearer when Crota is in the middle, pick up sword, run to rock on the right and stand on it. Call out the DPS team to lay down fire. Jump up when the shield is about 75% down. Do a sword combo and jump back down, go back to rock for round two. Repeat this for two-three swords.

DJ88

No need to keep Crota at 50%. 2 horn rockets plus support fire will bring his shield down. Usually start shooting the rockets when the player with the sword is up on the rock to the left of the Crota platform.

Also kill the sword bearer as fast as possible. Crota is on a timer before he moves to one of the sides, so if you get the sword quick enough, you can get two rounds of hits on him with one sword before he moves.

phen0m24

Rtas that's exactly what I did the first time I tried sword. A guy on our team last night would jump vertically and then melee melee over and it was like night and day. I'm totally doing that from now on.

:)

Good luck!

Namikaze1

I should check if my Titan has all the stuff for HM on her right now. I really don't want to spend time going to the tower once HM is unlocked.

Matush

Can someone give me the Twitch channels of guys, that beat the VoG and CE first? Can't play today, but I would like to see their progress. Thanks.

Rtas

Rtas that's exactly what I did the first time I tried sword. A guy on our team last night would jump vertically and then melee melee over and it was like night and day. I'm totally doing that from now on.

:)

Good luck!

That actually sounds brilliant, I think I'm our designated sword man tonight on my hunter so guess I'll be trying that

Steroyd

If you have a Gjallarhorn then don't bother slow rolling the DPS on his shield, 2 rockets plus something else will kill his shield 1 second after the swordbearer calls out for rockets, just make sure your ballerhorner has heavy synth.

Mauser5000

Neo Member
OK had enough of lurking around here... "Look ma im a Gaffer now".

Destiny got me hooked after months of zero activity!! Just got THORN after killing Xyor (first exotic).

Gaf! im hoping to get into some Raiding and nightfall action!

PSN: Haukiparvi

Also, first post!!!

Rtas

OK had enough of lurking around here... "Look ma im a Gaffer now".

Destiny got me hooked after months of zero activity!! Just got THORN after killing Xyor (first exotic).

Gaf! im hoping to get into some Raiding and nightfall action!

PSN: Haukiparvi

Also, first post!!!

Welcome dude, wish I had ps4 to play a couple games with you but I wish you best of luck raiding with the PS4 destiny gaffers

Namikaze1

Heavy synthesis - ✓
Special synthesis - ✓
Primary synthesis - ✓
331 weapons - ✓
Gjallarhorn - ✓✓
Space for rewards - ✓

Any thoughts?

When you're at the hiding spot on the left or right ledge just below Crota, you tell them to shoot, wait for a second and then jump up and run towards him. Yeah its a blind leap of faith but it makes a big difference. When it works we usually take him down before the first ogres show up.

I know a couple of 32s who want to do it tonight too. You want in? Same goes for xplicite, rubenov, ocean, any other level 32s.

7pm UK time

1. Me
2. Hzoltan
3. Bitofadrizzle
4. raindoc
5. ...
6. ...

i'm game, played well with hzoltan and drizzle before! :D PSN: Noisepurge /32 Hunter

noomi

woohoo! Good morning gaffers! An exciting day ahead! Can't wait to see what hard mode brings to the table.

Sadly I am stuck at work for the next 8 hours and won't be able to play right at release, so I will be watching nami's stream to learn a thing or two before my group goes in a few hours later :)

Best of luck to you guys!

Looking for ppl to do a fresh CE run. Need 2 more.

1.greyblade
2.greyblades friend
3.ty_84
4.robdraggoo

PSN is greyblade if you want to join!

Namikaze1

Perfect, gona log in a few mins before, don't sweat if you don't see me online before that, won't be late.
Okay. The early party chat really is just to plan out who's doing what since I honestly don't know how you guys raid since I never raided with most of the people on the team. I think I raided with Captain_Cold before. I think. All I know is that I'm not doing Sword duty.

Wish you guys luck on HM today! Oh and thx for the sweet NF run yesterday Namikaze!
No problem. I do multiple Nightfall runs on tuesdays even after I have already beaten it just to help out friends.

We generally do 3xR2, blink strike, 4xR2 then escape, because sometimes R1 with sword counts as blink, draining your melee so you can't use it again.
That was our first Crota run in the vid. We didn't try R2 then cause honestly, we were all drained out by then. Deathsinger took a toll on us plus we weren't even sure if the blink strike would work.

phen0m24

Okay. The early party chat really is just to plan out who's doing what since I honestly don't know how you guys raid since I never raided with most of the people on the team. I think I raided with Captain_Cold before. I think. All I know is that I'm not doing Sword duty.

No problem. I do multiple Nightfall runs on tuesdays even after I have already beaten it just to help out friends.

That was our first Crota run in the vid. We didn't try R2 then cause honestly, we were all drained out by then. Deathsinger took a toll on us plus we weren't even sure if the blink strike would work.

Nami what happened? Roster changes?

bitsurugi

I can do pretty much any role, usually i do sword on my group, but we'll see what surprises gives us hard mode, as i suspect some new gimmick for HM, otherwise first ppl will clear the HM raid in 2-3 h.

Top Bottom