• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

TP-DK

Ugh I'm 1 Radiant Shard short of maxing my Titan's Raid chest. With that he'll have a fully upgraded CE set, allowing me to switch between Saint-14, Ruin Wings and Armamentarium at will.

Why Armentarium, is the extra nade really that usefull? After getting the raid boots, that also gives extra heavy ammo, I dont see it to be worthy of the exotic slot.

ocean

Banned
Why Armentarium, is the extra nade really that usefull? After getting the raid boots, that also gives extra heavy ammo, I dont see it to be worthy of the exotic slot.
Hence the reason I'm upgrading my Raid Chest piece despite being 32 already.

I will say, double grenades can be extremely useful in some scenarios. In the Vault of Glass, having double Magnetic Grenades makes you a Minotaur destroyer. In several segments of Crota's End, having double Flashbang grenades can be a major favor to your party - blinding enemies is a fantastic survival technique.

I do see myself equipping it sometimes since its a good armor piece. I just don't like being locked into it to stay at level 32. Once I upgrade my CE chest I'll be able to swap Exotic armor freely while staying at level 32.

Ridwald

As said above, the flashbangs can save your life or of your teammates. I see a lot of people using the flashbangs on the sworbearers at the bridge. It makes you able to kite them quite easy if you have two grenades. And the other advantage is that the armamentarium is not bound to a sublclass, you can keep it for both.

TP-DK

Hence the reason I'm upgrading my Raid Chest piece despite being 32 already.

I will say, double grenades can be extremely useful in some scenarios. In the Vault of Glass, having double Magnetic Grenades makes you a Minotaur destroyer. In several segments of Crota's End, having double Flashbang grenades can be a major favor to your party - blinding enemies is a fantastic survival technique.

I do see myself equipping it sometimes since its a good armor piece. I just don't like being locked into it to stay at level 32. Once I upgrade my CE chest I'll be able to swap Exotic armor freely while staying at level 32.

Ahh I completely read over the part about missing one radiant Shard :p

But now that you mentioned it, I always used Armentarium in VoG to easily kill the minotaurs. But after getting Ruin Wings I cant go back. Just wish I had Saint helm too.

Edit: flashbangs are great too, but with enough discipline you'll be able to recharge it before the next gatekeeper.

Ridwald

Between these two stat spreads which one should I go for with my Titan using Ruin Wings?

or

The main thing is the bottom one I can get with an Int/Disc chest which, if using Saint 14, gives me great stats (260 int + disc) whereas the top one is with a pure intellect chest which is way over 300 intellect if I decide to switch exotic.

Is it better to have max grenades than that extra bit to super recharge?

I'm not the expert but i would rather go for the first set, the cooldown of the grenade and super are quite different in terms of length (Super is longer than the grenade) so i almost always give the edge to the INT. One thing that can help you choose is if you have perks on recharging supers and/or grenades on your gear ? The ones that goes like "more super energy from killing minions of darkness" and such :)

GlamFM

Banned
Finally got my Husk of the Pit this morning.

Had already given up on it and wasn´t even farming anymore.

Just a random drop - of course.

So what does GAF think - will this gun ever be useful in any state?

Shito

Got three of them already, and I didn't farm for it once.
I'm about to finish leveling up the first, and it's a pain in the ass to do because it sucks so hard right now. I've heard the legendary version is just as crappy, and seeing the stats on the necrochasm I'm not too hopeful it will change much...

ocean

Banned
Ahh I completely read over the part about missing one radiant Shard :p

But now that you mentioned it, I always used Armentarium in VoG to easily kill the minotaurs. But after getting Ruin Wings I cant go back. Just wish I had Saint helm too.

Edit: flashbangs are great too, but with enough discipline you'll be able to recharge it before the next gatekeeper.

Got it! Now I'm level 32 in 4 different setups: full CE set or using Saint-14, Ruin Wings or Armamentarium. Had to dismantle my Warlock's CE gauntlets to get my missing shard but I made it.

As for Flashbangs: if you don't have Saint-14, pop those grenades in the Deathsinger room. Thank me later :)

GlamFM

Banned
Got three of them already, and I didn't farm for it once.
I'm about to finish leveling up the first, and it's a pain in the ass to do because it sucks so hard right now. I've heard the legendary version is just as crappy, and seeing the stats on the necrochasm I'm not too hopeful it will change much...

Yeah, that´s what I thought.

At least it will have ARC damage as an exotic, but still....

Ridwald

Congrats on the drop !

I do like the legendary transformation of the Husk of the Pit even if it lacks some impact. That would be my main concern but i'm a Auto-Rifle guy so i like it as it is ^^

For the exotic transformation i have high hopes for it, it's gonna be a high rate of Fire Arc damage Auto-Rifle with a twist that makes your kills explode like cursed thralls. If it is powerful enough for the first part of HM CE, then crossing the abyss is gonna be a big fat explosion :) And if it doesn't really works, it will always be useful for arc NF and weeklies ... and for fun or goofing around at the tower

Steroyd

I highly doubt it, it has the Aetheons Epilogue Syndrome disadvantaged further by being an exotic for arc burns.

It is painful to even level it up to legendary.

Hyun Sai

The Nechrochasm will likely be good if the exploding enemy perk is powerful enough.

Problem is if they make it locked in Crota time like Vex and never go beyond 331.

GlamFM

Banned
Congrats on the drop !

I do like the legendary transformation of the Husk of the Pit even if it lacks some impact. That would be my main concern but i'm a Auto-Rifle guy so i like it as it is ^^

For the exotic transformation i have high hopes for it, it's gonna be a high rate of Fire Arc damage Auto-Rifle with a twist that makes your kills explode like cursed thralls. If it is powerful enough for the first part of HM CE, then crossing the abyss is gonna be a big fat explosion :) And if it doesn't really works, it will always be useful for arc NF and weeklies ... and for fun or goofing around at the tower

:)

I highly doubt it, it has the Aetheons Epilogue Syndrome disadvantaged further by being an exotic for arc burns.

It is painful to even level it up to legendary.

:(

The Nechrochasm will likely be good if the exploding enemy perk is powerful enough.

Problem is if they make it locked in Crota time like Vex and never go beyond 331.

Considering that the VEX went up to 323 (?) when everything was still 300 it´s at least possible that the Nechro goes over 331.

Ridwald

:)

:(

Considering that the VEX went up to 323 (?) when everything was still 300 it´s at least possible that the Nechro goes over 331.

Necrochasm will go to 331, if you go check the weekly update of 01/15 there's a screen shot of it (maxed) with the 331 AP. I know they didn't advertised much about the weapons of VoG as they did wit CE but there could still be a "surprise" weapon such as the Vex to drop from Crota in hard mode. Maybe something will drop tonight.

Ganhyun

Did the nightfall on my first character.

Got: Godhorn! (Second one but still, nice drop. I get to brag to a friend and make him jealous that I have 2 now, lol)

GlamFM

Banned
Necrochasm will go to 331, if you go check the weekly update of 01/15 there's a screen shot of it (maxed) with the 331 AP. I know they didn't advertised much about the weapons of VoG as they did wit CE but there could still be a "surprise" weapon such as the Vex to drop from Crota in hard mode. Maybe something will drop tonight.

Wouldn´t data miners have found it by now? They found every other weapon way before the DLC even hit.

raindoc

How many toons has everyone at 32 by now?
Since release I completed CE with all three of my guardians every week except for one: still got only one of them to 32, both others are missing 2/4 armor pieces (and the one I have at 32 is far from the build i'd like to have).

Hyun Sai

Since release I completed CE with all three of my guardians every week except for one: still got only one of them to 32, both others are missing 2/4 armor pieces (and the one I have at 32 is far from the build i'd like to have).

I've got 3 Warlocks, so technically they are all 32.

Yes, I know, I'm a cheat.

GlamFM

Banned

I only have one character and he is 32 since yesterday. Still missing the helmet though.

How did your Crota run go yesterday?

Ridwald

Wouldn´t data miners have found it by now? They found every other weapon way before the DLC even hit.

Maybe but they can always add something ^^ If they said the Vex was some kind of token from VoG then the Necrochasm could be it for CE, with the work you have to put into it and the HM Crota kill you have to get to achieve the weapon. And it would give an "easier" access to the weapon compared to the Vex.

raindoc

How did your Crota run go yesterday?

the run was a walk in the park, as always with DGAF.
loot-wise it sucked. only energies, couple of shards and greaves i already have. was really hoping for a chest or helmet with at least some discipline, or one of the new exotic weapons from the deathsinger (never had one drop for me on all of my characters) but nope.

ATMi have 10 completed bounties on all of my characters, ready to turn in in order to level shit up, but I got nothing.
so frustrating.

Should be all 32 (hunter/lock/titan) in couple of hours, can't believe I'm gated by fking spirit bloom and glimmer.

ocean

Banned
Look at the silver lining, it will never show up as nightfall or weekly.

Never say never. Exclusivity was only for a year, so starting September our Xbox brethren will have access to it along with Dust Palace. I suppose they'd both be fair game for Weekly rotation after that.

Both of those strikes can be a serious piece of work if you imagine them with some nasty modifiers.

Ridwald

I didn't complete as many raids as i would have wanted to (managed to do some Crota but not many full raids) :

• Titan : 4/4 raid pieces but no real balance in stats that would please me, so potential 32 for now
  • Warlock : 2/4 raid pieces
  • Hunter : 1/4 raid pieces

Still need a lot of normal raid runs to gather raid gear and shards ....

Spiders

I have a full set of raid armor (including helmet) for all 3 classes,

Warlock and hunter are lvl 32 (using exotic helmets). My titan needs about 50 more shards to get to 32.

I've done 3 CE runs every week since release, and never exchanged energy for shards or the other way around.

Namikaze1

Well, with fig out, I'll be needing a 6th. Rubenov, xplicite, ocean, and a couple others offered their services.

Rubenov, if you can make it, the spot is yours. If not, xplicite or some of the others can take the spot.

Anyone interested in attempting to be the first GAF team to beat hard mode today?

We will be jumping into HM as soon as it is out.

1) namikaze1 - 32 Titan Defender
2) ???
3) rodiard - 32 any class
4) Captain_Cold - 32 Hunter/Titan
5) zewone - 32 Titan
6) KxozZ - 32 Warlock

Again:
Don't wait for any invites! Immediately join in on me once you updated the game. I'll be sending party chat invites around 9 AM PST/12 PM EST, an hour before the supposed time Bungie will drop the Hard Mode update.

For those who won't be joining and/or just want to follow our attempt:
Stream will be up on: http://www.twitch.tv/namikaze01

Stream will go up half an hour early so around 9:30 AM PST / 12:30 PM EST. I'll post a link here for when it is up.

I'll be sending out friend requests to those who aren't on my friend list.

Never say never. Exclusivity was only for a year, so starting September our Xbox brethren will have access to it along with Dust Palace. I suppose they'd both be fair game for Weekly rotation after that.

Both of those strikes can be a serious piece of work if you imagine them with some nasty modifiers.

Oh yeah I didn't think about the timed exclusivity deal. Xbros would probably wish they remained exclusives once they go through Undying Mind NF lvl 34 all burn.

ocean

Banned
If Heroic Crota's End has some silly Oversoul mechanic, here's a tip:

Super Good Advice might actually be useful. Just like Vault of Glass' Oracles and Detain Shields, the Oversoul is not registered as a hit by SGA. You thus have infinite ammo with no reload while shooting at it.

I know this gun has been vaulted by most of us as pretty useless, but it might end up being a lifesaver if Oversoul triggers more often in Heroic.

raindoc

Well, with fig out, I'll be needing a 6th. Rubenov, xplicite, ocean, and a couple others offered their services.

Rubenov, if you can make it, the spot is yours. If not, xplicite or some of the others can take the spot.

Anyone interested in attempting to be the first GAF team to beat hard mode today?

looks like you already got plenty of candidates, but in case of emergency, message me.

edit: anyways: good luck.

Tbh why does CE need hard mode when people still suck at normal mode?

Seriously, went through 4 teams on LFG over the span of two hours and none could kill Crota for differing reasons.

One team was actually decent and got him within ONE slash, but one 32 on our team refused to take the fight seriously and kept repeatedly wiping, all the while joking and being distracted with his random friends who joined the party uninvited.

Another team just straight sucked. Joined the poor hapless dudes after they had clearly been at it for a while, and we wipe a few times and lose some impatient players, including one who had played with this team earlier in the night and quit on them after they repeatedly failed. He quit out again after cussing out the host and his sword skills.

We get Crota down to his last fifth but these dudes completely failed to seal the deal within two swords, choking with someone always taking a death, Crota moving too far, or oversoul/orgres spawning.

Like this shit was a complete nightmare compared to the run I had on my titan with a friend earlier in the day. I think I'm done using LFG outside of Nightfalls/Weeklies for now.

GlamFM

Banned

Seriously, went through 4 teams on LFG over the span of two hours and none could kill Crota for differing reasons.

One team was actually decent and got him within ONE slash, but one 32 on our team refused to take the fight seriously and kept repeatedly wiping, all the while joking and being distracted with his random friends who joined the party uninvited.

Another team just straight sucked. Joined the poor hapless dudes after they had clearly been at it for a while, and we wipe a few times and lose some impatient players, including one who had played with this team earlier in the night and quit on them after they repeatedly failed. He quit out again after cussing out the host and his sword skills.

We get Crota down to his last fifth but these dudes completely failed to seal the deal within two swords, choking with someone always taking a death, Crota moving too far, or oversoul/orgres spawning.

Like this shit was a complete nightmare compared to the run I had on my titan with a friend earlier in the day. I think I'm done using LFG outside of Nightfalls/Weeklies for now.

How are people still stuck?

He went down more than million times already.

Sorry you had no luck with your teams.

Play with DGAF and and watch Crota die after 45 mins.

You’ve had plenty of time to divine your way through the dark, skirting over and around holes while sending dozens of Thrall screaming into the black. You’ve built bridges, silenced Shriekers, and plundered the lunar depths for the latest and greatest gear. Matter of fact, by the time you read this sentence you’ll have collectively put an end to Crota…wait for it…more than a whopping one million times.

MrS

Banned
looks like you already got plenty of candidates, but in case of emergency, message me.

edit: anyways: good luck.
I know a couple of 32s who want to do it tonight too. You want in? Same goes for xplicite, rubenov, ocean, any other level 32s.

7pm UK time

1. Me
2. Hzoltan
3. Bitofadrizzle
4. raindoc
5. Noisepurge
6. ...

i think it will be more of a joke gun like No Land Beyond. Wastes an exotic slot and you will most likely cause a lot of suicides with enemies doing the Thrall explosion too close :D

But still, gotta get one for the archives.

Yeah never use LFG for anything other than daily/weekly/NF and maybe normal VoG.

Ridwald

How are people still stuck?

He went down millions of times already.

Sorry you had no luck with your teams.

Play with DGAF and and watch Crota die after 45 mins.

There was a tremendous amount of cheese for CE during the holidays, outside of regular/orgnanized teams everybody was cheesing that raid :) A lot of people never did it the proper/right way before the patch but they killed Crota anyway

Top Bottom