• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My team consists of 4 Titans, 1 warlock, and 1 that can be any class. I hope at least one of the Titans will go Striker for the cave.
2 defenders is enough, 3 is luxurious, you can have 1 full-time striker and always have access to flashbangs.

Anyone not in a group yet for CE hard mode? I plan to try and start as soon as it comes on.

1.greyblade
2.greyblades friend.
3.keanburke

PSN is greyblade.

Dave_6

Good luck Nami and the rest of the GAF crew!

I got my 2nd Vanquisher VIII from the one NF I ran last night. Neither one I have has outstanding perks but they both have a different perk for increasing stability. Is it worth leveling either one up or wait till I possibly get one with crowd control, etc?

Jinjo

DefenderTitanGAF; what upgrades/grenades are you planning on using for HM Crota?

I'm planning on using:

- Magnetic grenades (as always - but would suppressor grenades be good? what "abilities" do Crota enemies have that you could suppress with them?)
- Blessing of light for abyss and bridge, and weapons of light for deathsinger and crota
- Under melee column, not sure which to use: blindingly fast reloads, orb generation for melee kills or overshield continuously recharges.
- Codex 3 (speed and recovery)
- Bastion (increased duration of ward of dawn)
- Not sure on next codex (general attributes, max recovery, raw speed)
- Illuminated

Thoughts?

Armor of Light + Saint-14 at bridge part if you have trouble killing the Gatekeepers. Use that at the middle plate on the far side and you can get a person across every super. Wait for the next super to be up, open bridge, get person across, retreat, rinse and repeat. My team finished that bit the first time without killing a Gatekeeper lol.

Namikaze1

One last gear check and setting up perks for both Defender and Striker.

Nami, I thought you would be streaming some pump up songs in your channel now to get us mentally ready for your HM adventure. I clicked on your link only to find that you are offline. :(
Stream won't be up for another 2 hours.

DefenderTitanGAF; what upgrades/grenades are you planning on using for HM Crota?

I'm planning on using:

- Magnetic grenades (as always - but would suppressor grenades be good? what "abilities" do Crota enemies have that you could suppress with them?)
- Blessing of light for abyss and bridge, and weapons of light for deathsinger and crota
- Under melee column, not sure which to use: blindingly fast reloads, orb generation for melee kills or overshield continuously recharges.
- Illuminated

Thoughts?
I'll be going with magnetic grenades
Blessing of Light for the Cave and Bridge
Illuminated
Bastion
The melee with regenerating shield

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I'm planning on using:

- Illuminated (ward of dawn blessing/waepons increase)

Thoughts?
credit to grave for this but suppressor grenades are amazing on hive, deathsinger section is perfect for them

Knights will actually do their shield animation, like kind of squat like they're raising the shield, but no shield comes. you can just attack them, it's amazing. Wizards won't fire.

good call on Blessing then Weapons

War Machine vs. others depends on your primary weapon IMO, if it makes a big difference then keep it on War Machine, if not go for your preference (Unbreakable during Crota has worked well for me)

Up to you but I'd say both codexes, instead focus on highest armor. With no revives taking one more hit (but not dying) is the ballgame, and for all we know recovery is completely nullified for more than just the Crota fight we are already sure of

Bastion and Illuminated are great, Bastion wards at the bridge plates especially if you have saint 14 can change everything

Homeboyd

Armor of Light + Saint-14 at bridge part if you have trouble killing the Gatekeepers. Use that at the middle plate on the far side and you can get a person across every super. Wait for the next super to be up, open bridge, get person across, retreat, rinse and repeat. My team finished that bit the first time without killing a Gatekeeper lol.
Yeah definitely going to be taking advantage of saint helm. So good.

credit to grave for this but suppressor grenades are amazing on hive, deathsinger section is perfect for them

Knights will actually do their shield animation, like kind of squat like they're raising the shield, but no shield comes. you can just attack them, it's amazing. Wizards won't fire.
Wow.. did not know that

What other "abilities" do these enemies have that you can block? Wizard poison gas?

If people are that eager for some type of stream during the downtime I think I might as well stream some REmake HD Remaster in the meantime while people eagerly await Crota HM.

http://www.twitch.tv/boogiepop

Ooh, nice I'll check that out. I would buy the REmaster but I still have the Wii version I've been meaning to replay ever since the GC original.

The early screens and videos I saw weren't very impressive so I'm not sure if I'd bother anyway, unless the new control schemes make it worthwhile.

noomi

So we can safely assume that the Deathsinger & Crota portions of the hard mode raid will drop exotics again, right?

So this means, another 6 chances at a hawkmoon for me for this week! :eek:

In that case, absolutely, I will do so this week and stream it :) Just need two (un)willing souls to come with!

This is a great opportunity to put in practice some of the stuff I've been thinking about recently with regard to the "hidden trinity" that exists in Destiny. Still fleshing out ideas, but putting a post together bit by bit.

If anyone wants to take a stab at this Nightfall legit, maybe today in the early evening EST, let's talk via PM a little.

I was curious as to what Datto, vaunted anti-cheese guru, did as an example here. I found this video of him soloing it and was ready to be impressed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze61FYOiipk#t=1324)... He uses the shrieker room. -_-

Then hard time or not, challenge accepted 8)

Hawkian, I don't know if you got around to doing the Phogoth Nightfall "legit", but my team last night did and it was surprisingly easy. We did our first Nightfall cheddar cheesy and then decided to do the Heroic legit since it is checkpointed. We found the Heroic to be surprisingly easy and fast so we went for it on our 2nd round of Nightfall.

The only moderately scary part was taking out the numerous Major Knights with shields once entering the boss room. A Titan bubble behind the rocks on the left was enough to pick them off with ease. Then everyone loads up on Heavy Ammo and Phogoth just melts away, long before the next wave of adds spawn. I couldn't believe it.

Voidburn may prove to be damn near impossible, but Arcburn is no problem at all.

Namikaze1

Best Striker setup for Cave
Flashbang Grenade
Aftermath
Amplify (Discharge is good but you'll want Fist of Havoc ready as soon as possible)
Aftershocks
Unstoppable (Juggernaut is also good)
Titan Codex V
Titan Codex II

Ooh, nice I'll check that out. I would buy the REmaster but I still have the Wii version I've been meaning to replay ever since the GC original.

The early screens and videos I saw weren't very impressive so I'm not sure if I'd bother anyway, unless the new control schemes make it worthwhile.
They do have a new control scheme. You can use the tank like controls or a different style :)

For the Cosmos/Dhruv team, what are we going to be running?

1. Macello - Defender Titan
2.Cosmos_Man
3. Dhruv_Hanom
4. Kartik
5.Mindlog
6. GraverobberX

Namikaze1

My setup for the Cave of Thralls:
Helm of Saint-14
Mythoclast
Secret Handshake
Song of Ir Yut (May switch it with Hunger of Crota)

Defender:
Suppressor Grendae
Blessing of Light
Unbreakable
Titan Codex II
Bastion
Titan Codex V
Illuminated

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian, I don't know if you got around to doing the Phogoth Nightfall "legit", but my team last night did and it was surprisingly easy. We did our first Nightfall cheddar cheesy and then decided to do the Heroic legit since it is checkpointed. We found the Heroic to be surprisingly easy and fast so we went for it on our 2nd round of Nightfall.

The only moderately scary part was taking out the numerous Major Knights with shields once entering the boss room. A Titan bubble behind the rocks on the left was enough to pick them off with ease. Then everyone loads up on Heavy Ammo and Phogoth just melts away, long before the next wave of adds spawn. I couldn't believe it.

Voidburn may prove to be damn near impossible, but Arcburn is no problem at all.
Yeah, kinda did it with DJ Lushious and his pal! I think I was sorta asking a lot of them, but we didn't use the Shrieker room anyway :) Weren't totally coordinated when we got to the rock, started up a little split and didn't totally coordinate supers- we did get rushed by some thralls from the first ship spawn (Phogoth already to <20%) and had a close call, but Lushious finished Phogoth off.

Looking forward to doing it twice more and looking for certain roles (just for fun to see how efficient it can be, not out of necessity) but yeah, completely doable.

I've done it on Void Burn as well (but never solo admittedly, yikes). While Phogoth's 3 shot beam is ridiculous, as long as you make it TO the rock, he and Acolytes are the only void you have to worry about- meanwhile you can empty void stuff and tear everything up.

A weapons of light bubble is crucial though. lets you control the battlefield.

Wow.. did not know that
yeah... blew my mind. Knights become total morons when hit by it

Definity

Good luck everyone! I'm just sitting here at work on a couple conference calls where everyone is starting to sound like Charlie Brown's mom.

KxoZz

Is standing on a rock at the end of the lamp phase to avoid meelee damage from thralls/knights considered cheesing?
need to know since we're doing it legit

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
For the Cosmos/Dhruv team, what are we going to be running?

1. Macello - Defender Titan
2.Cosmos_Man
3. Dhruv_Hanom
4. Kartik
5.Mindlog
6. GraverobberX
Saint bubble for life. Going to be using my titan but let's see what surprises they have in stored for us and take it from there.

Bizazedo

2 defenders is enough, 3 is luxurious, you can have 1 full-time striker and always have access to flashbangs.

I'm a big fan of Striker Titan with Armamentarium + Flashbangs in Crota's End. With that loadout and multiple Striker Titans, could easily keep huge groups of mobs on lockdown.

Bottom of the thread, woo!

todd360

Anyone not in a group yet for CE hard mode? I plan to try and start as soon as it comes on.

1.greyblade
2.greyblades friend.
3.keanburke

PSN is greyblade.

I will gladly join you as long as I get home in time and Nami doesn't end up needing another person.

toddv360
ps4

1.greyblade
2.greyblades friend.
3.keanburke
4.toddv360(99.99% coming)
5.androo2300

PSN is greyblade.
Invites will go out around 12:40.

Just need one more! Doing it as soon as it opens up.

rNilla

Nami I'll be running Hunter, probably Bladedancer for the most part.

Someone's got to rep the master class
or make them look really bad

Top Bottom