• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Namikaze1

Seriously. Team Titans would destroy this raid in HM. Armor, Blessing and Weapons all pop with Strikers to easily clear the adds.
My strat that I'll be sharing with the team is to have a Defender place a Blessing of Light bubble at each lamp. Since we have 4 Titans, we will have 3 taking turns popping bubbles at a lamp.
As for the fourth Titan:
tumblr_m2a6rgYIxM1qdfs7xo2_250.gif

KxoZz

IMO, yeah, though very mild.

One metric would be a comparison to the "intended" way- and it's perfectly possible to actually hold the plate against the Thralls and Knights and have everyone survive (not that you need to) without doing that, and doing it completely eliminates most of the challenge. On the other hand it's quite benign as cheese goes, it's just taking advantage of obvious geometry.

If you are intentionally committed to doing it legit, though, I'd say don't do it. Such a challenge is more a point of pride than anything else, right? Like, you want to know you beat the best the raid can throw at you. It's not like not using the rock/lamppost is an unreasonable challenge.

I was thinking the same thing. Bungie fixed (or atleast tried to fix) every other cheese in the raid, except for this. And I'm sure they didn't not know about it. And it's not something hard to fix either.

Will probably just do it all on the plate though since it's more fun and rewarding that way.

E92 M3

Hard mode in VOG was so nonchalant, and this a big event. I am expecting Bungie to really make it difficult. Going in with the mindset that it'll be a bitch.

EL CUCO

i know the raid is 33, but on normal he's a 32.
He's 32 but we can match that light level.

If he were a 34, sword holder would be 32. Just imagine a 30 running the sword in Normal Crota...enrage every time or ded from boomer knights.

If VOG is any indication, it'll likely be 33 from start to finish. Given the "added challenge" of no revives and whatever surprises is up Bungie's sleeve, 33 will be good enough to increase difficulty.

Hard mode in VOG was so nonchalant, and this a big event. I am expecting Bungie to really make it difficult. Going in with the mindset that it'll be a bitch.

At least overall it's a lot quicker. Unlike the Oracle phase that takes forever to combine with all the jumping and running to different areas, and gorgons.

rNilla

How many Hour Zero teams is GAF sending into the Heroic depths?

Team Husk.
Team Dr Destinay.
Team Dhruv Vader.
Team XpLiCiT RaGe.
Team greyblade / Salvage Lord.

Who else?

Trakan

In my opinion, yes. I would consider that cheesing though it's not a cheese to the extant of the bridge one. We're not gonna do that though.

Like I said, this is gonna be a legit run.

Lol.

If that's cheesing, you can't stand behind the rocks for cover, either.

KxoZz

One last check to see if i have all my weapons of choice + exotic and legendary backups, all consumables i'll need and have my subclass optimized. Then I'll be ready to go.

To the login screen we go.

Whats the name of those green circles that we got during te story missions? The ones you couldnt stand on top of... I bet we get those in the raid now.

All enemies and bosses in HM CE will be Lv33, I feel pretty confident about that.

Same as how all HM VoG enemies and bosses are Lv30. The levels increase during normal mode raids but are set at the level of the hard raid itself.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Game pisses me off sometimes. Right now is the second time I have used a weapon telemetry and had the game put me into an infinite loading screen on my way back to the tower.
I let it run for almost three minutes before quickly going to dash, quitting the game and reloading. Got to the tower with two freakin seconds left.
So much for that.

Game should be smart enough to stop the timer during loading screens.
Or hey! Maybe just let those timed consumables associate with ingame time.

phen0m24

All enemies and bosses in HM CE will be Lv33, I feel pretty confident about that.

Same as how all HM VoG enemies and bosses are Lv30. The levels increase during normal mode raids but are set at the level of the hard raid itself.

Meh. You'll be dual wielding swords. None need fear.

Go get em DD

Anyone not in a group yet for CE hard mode? I plan to try and start as soon as it comes on.

1.greyblade
2.greyblades friend.
3.keanburke
4.toddv360(99.99% coming)
5.androo2300

PSN is greyblade.

Invites will go out around 12:40.

Just need one more!

I've got a level 32 lock I can
run.

Anyone need a run through NF?

VoG needs a new Super Hard mode.

Yeah, a Lv32 VoG would be fantastic, especially if it dropped 331 VoG weapons (I know that will never happen but still...)

For an MMO-ish game with so little content it's weird how quick they were to pseudo-phase out VoG. Of course I still do Gorgons+Atheon 3x each week for exotics but that's not the same.

How many Hour Zero teams is GAF sending into the Heroic depths?

Team Husk.
Team Dr Destinay.
Team Dhruv Vader.
Team XpLiCiT RaGe.
Team greyblade / Salvage Lord.

Who else?
I'll be heading out with a team, I think Akai_xiii is the only other gaffer on the team though (hi Akai).
Going for that world's first record!

To all those planning to run CE HM at 12:40 with me. If you have a change in plans please send me a message over PSN if you can. I'm going to play some dragon age before then so won't be checking the thread as much.

Thanks!

gdt

Excellent run with the crew I just did it with.

Deathsinger dropped a second Dragons Breath and Crota dropped a Patience and Time (both Sharded).

I'll be hard raiding all day tomorrow but good luck to those that are today. I'll be at work reading everything!

Excellent run with the crew I just did it with.

Deathsinger dropped a second Dragons Breath and Crota dropped a Patience and Time (both Sharded).

I'll be hard raiding all day tomorrow but good luck to those that are today. I'll be at work reading everything!

Super smooth run. Borderline Flawless lol. Wish CE would give my hunter some damn boots already.

Raybunny

PS4 : Anyone for CE normal mode in 15mins: 6pm CET ? Hope to get the chest piece on my hunter to boost it to 32 and then run 3 times Hard mode.

1. Raybunzy
2. Rasstuppen

phen0m24

lol, nice. If anyone is compiling a list of streams mine will be:

http://www.twitch.tv/bogue_ster

Not going to start streaming quite yet but I'll post link again when the time is closer. We could even try to make a multi-Twitch link but I forget how to do that. So that people could watch all our runs simultaneously on one page and see who was where.

Twitch Gaf-Big Brother Control Center

I'd watch

No one here who could help me on Xbox One lay Atheon quick? :(

LOL "Lay down, Atheon! DO IT NOW!!!" ;)

Top Bottom