• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Namikaze1

I suggest everyone on my team or everyone raiding upon hard mode release to set up your main Guardian as soon as possible. I already have my Titan ready with everything I need.

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
I should be able to get another character to 32 this week ( already have Titan at 32 ). I'm leaning towards the hunter over the warlock, but wanted some opinions on what you all think is more viable for hard raid.

I suggest everyone on my team or everyone raiding upon hard mode release to set up your main Guardian as soon as possible. I already have my Titan ready with everything I need.

Easy, spaz. It's still 2 hours away.

I do get the excitement level though. I won't be running it until Friday so I'll live vicariously through all of you until then.

phen0m24

;_: Many apologies to the Fun Run Team for disappearing last night. I owe you guys a hard mode kill tonight or whenever you'll be around for it...

Hey bud we let Hoodbury run the sword and he CRUSHED it. Not that we should be inflating his head any more...

My Hunter hit 32 this morning so I am looking forward to doing the Bladedancer invisi-strat with our Gaggle o' Gjallarhorns.

:)

Looking for 2 more Crota HM for when it becomes live in ~ 2 hours (12pm CST)

1) xplicitone, 32 Any
2) death4romabove22, 32 Hunter
3) silvertongueBR, 32 Warlock or Titan
4) GhostFaceDon, 32 Warlock
5) Hydruxxo, 32 Hunter
6) Stallion Dan, 32 Hunter or Titan. Maybe Warlock

Edit: Full!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is standing on a rock at the end of the lamp phase to avoid meelee damage from thralls/knights considered cheesing?
need to know since we're doing it legit
IMO, yeah, though very mild.

One metric would be a comparison to the "intended" way- and it's perfectly possible to actually hold the plate against the Thralls and Knights and have everyone survive (not that you need to) without doing that, and doing it completely eliminates most of the challenge. On the other hand it's quite benign as cheese goes, it's just taking advantage of obvious geometry.

If you are intentionally committed to doing it legit, though, I'd say don't do it. Such a challenge is more a point of pride than anything else, right? Like, you want to know you beat the best the raid can throw at you. It's not like not using the rock/lamppost is an unreasonable challenge.

hydruxo

1) xplicitone, 32 Any
5)
6)

Shit if you're doing it when it goes live then count me in.

32 Hunter

A weapons of light bubble is crucial though. lets you control the battlefield.

Titan bubble is almost game breaking. Not just at Phogoth but at the wave section earlier with Wizards. I had never tried it before, but we had a Titan pop a bubble out in the open and with him inside, all the Wizards focused on him. Me and the other Guardian were able to stand away, but out in the open, and just focus fire until they died. The AI never even registered us or tried to evade our shots or aggro toward us. Very strange, but it made short work of that section. It wasn't a cheese, but felt like an exploit.

1) xplicitone, 32 Any
5)
6)

I'll join ya, got a 32 Hunter or Titan. Maybe Warlock if can farm enough glimmer (for energy>shard trading).

Hey bud we let Hoodbury run the sword and he CRUSHED it. Not that we should be inflating his head any more...

My Hunter hit 32 this morning so I am looking forward to doing the Bladedancer invisi-strat with our Gaggle o' Gjallarhorns.

:)

Awesome, you guys definitely never need help but I always feel bad if I don't show up when I tell someone I will... besides, Fun Run team is named that for a reason, hate to miss out on the good times!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm a big fan of Striker Titan with Armamentarium + Flashbangs in Crota's End. With that loadout and multiple Striker Titans, could easily keep huge groups of mobs on lockdown.

Bottom of the thread, woo!
mhm, great all-around build, if you already have two Defenders, just sticking with this throughout the Raid is a huge asset. Flashbangs on Swordbearers/Gatekeepers is magic, Fist of Havoc can make orbs for the Swordbearer during Crota. good stuff.

LiK

Seriously. Team Titans would destroy this raid in HM. Armor, Blessing and Weapons all pop with Strikers to easily clear the adds.

Mad props to the Crota's End group I run with every week. It's so much more fun and rewarding to do the same content with the same people. Every week we gel more and more and I never worry about whether or not we're going to be successful. Watching as everyone gears up and levels up together is great to see and I'll not forget lazybones18's excited remarks when he got his last piece of raid gear to hit 32.

Having said that, we are looking to fill an open slot tonight for our Hard Mode Crota's End run on the PS4. We will be meeting online at 7:00 PM Central (GMT -6). Level 32 and maxxed weapons are required.

Quote me here. My PSN is DJ_Lushious.

• ArkkAngel007
  • DJ Lushious
  • lazybones18
  • NuTr1x
  • R0ckman
  • Open Slot

Titan bubble is almost game breaking. Not just at Phogoth but at the wave section earlier with Wizards. I had never tried it before, but we had a Titan pop a bubble out in the open and with him inside, all the Wizards focused on him. Me and the other Guardian were able to stand away, but out in the open, and just focus fire until they died. The AI never even registered us or tried to evade our shots or aggro toward us. Very strange, but it made short work of that section. It wasn't a cheese, but felt like an exploit.

Defender is the best subclass by far, even when combining PvE+PvP. Nothing else comes close. Raid masters and Bubble Village, yes please.

Namikaze1

Is standing on a rock at the end of the lamp phase to avoid meelee damage from thralls/knights considered cheesing?
need to know since we're doing it legit
In my opinion, yes. I would consider that cheesing though it's not a cheese to the extant of the bridge one. We're not gonna do that though.

Like I said, this is gonna be a legit run.

I got my second Exotic Bounty thingy! I already finished Thorn but I can't decide between Bad Juju and Invective. I only have a rare shotgun right now but if I went with BJ I could still just pick up a legendary shotgun from the tower since there seems to be a lot of good ones and I'm close to crucible rank 3. And if I went Invective I could still pick up a legendary Auto Rifle or something so I'd still have a good primary for the crucible since I only use shotguns for pvp. Hmmm. I wish I could see The Comedian but the vendor doesn't have it in stock and I don't think it refreshes.

Alright, here's the final team that's going to conquer

Crota's End Hard Mode - 12 PM CST / When it goes live (~an hour and 45 minutes from this post)

1) xplicitone, 32 Any
5) Hydruxxo, 32 Hunter
6) Stallion Dan/KylieDOg, 32 Hunter or Titan. Maybe Warlock

I'll be setting up my guardians soon and I'll send a party invite 30 minutes early, in about an hour and 12 minutes (1130 CST)

Let's do this!

Dazzler

If all the mains drop at hard mode Crota then I think I'm only pushed finding a Crota checkpoint today and taking him down

Don't think my lvl 31 Titan would be much use for the rest of the raid

ethomaz

Banned
t1421863200z4.png

Anyone not in a group yet for CE hard mode? I plan to try and start as soon as it comes on.

1.greyblade
2.greyblades friend.
3.keanburke
4.toddv360(99.99% coming)
5.androo2300

PSN is greyblade.

Invites will go out around 12:40.

Just need one more!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Titan bubble is almost game breaking. Not just at Phogoth but everywhere in the entire game
Fixed

It's probably not a galloping shock to any of you, but despite knowing as I do that Hunters are the best class, it's easy to admit that if you can be anything that your fireteam will only have one of, the thing you should be is a Defender titan. in the guide I'm currently working on about Fireteam setups, a Defender is the core of any group, 90% of the time.
I had never tried it before, but we had a Titan pop a bubble out in the open and with him inside, all the Wizards focused on him. Me and the other Guardian were able to stand away, but out in the open, and just focus fire until they died. The AI never even registered us or tried to evade our shots or aggro toward us. Very strange, but it made short work of that section. It wasn't a cheese, but felt like an exploit.
That's awesome, and certainly neither a cheesee nor an exploit, it's not really even AI manipulation in that it's internally consistent; I don't think the Hive are supposed to be brilliant tacticians. Hope he was rocking Gift of the Void during that.... Wizards firing at bubbles turn them into Orb machines.

Anyone not in a group yet for CE hard mode? I plan to try and start as soon as it comes on.

1.greyblade
2.greyblades friend.
3.keanburke
4.toddv360(99.99% coming)
5.androo2300
6.grimlock33

PSN is greyblade.

Invites will go out around 12:40.

Just need one more!

For the new page.

Edit: full.

Kensuke

I have a group of 5 ready to go as soon as HM CE launches. We're looking for one more brave level 32 guardian to join us. Anyone interested?

PSN: Wretched_Walrus

Top Bottom