• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Bizazedo

Maybe I'm missing something?
This may sound weird, but it's Blizzards fault.

Their raids have actual mechanic changes based on difficulty. As a result, when people hear or see different raid difficulty levels....especially when different loot is obtainable...they expect something similar.

The "problem" (it's not really, but maybe it is, I dunno), is that these raids don't have huge changes and it feels like a waste to have two different difficulty levels. Especially as the main method to make it harder feels like borderline cheating since we can't become level 33 or34, yet.

I'm also willing to say that I bet, looking back, we all consider the Legit Bridge the best fight of the raid.

The new speeder is....

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/845577225

486737f3-b9ab-4967-a3f9-16b753e43904.png

Ah man I didn't know the hard raid gave out sparrows again. Im gonna get a million of these instead of shit I actually want

Zocano

So you get the same loot table as normal?

Also what are the loot drops, if you do normal then you only have a chance for the primary weapons on hard?

No, I meant that her "drop" just functions like a chest which would imply they literally just have a checkpoint drop just tied to a chest instead.

Deku Tree

Everyone overestimated Bungie's ability to ramp up HM. The difficulty spike is mainly due to being underleveled against hallowed enemies... No new mechanics that I've seen.

Does Gatekeeper even drop a chalice when killed? I haven't seen anyone kill him yet.

No chalice at all. Need to generate orbs etc to heal.

Worlds first probably used a lot of cheese. Lolz.

EL CUCO

No chalice at all. Need to generate orbs etc to heal.

Worlds first probably used a lot of cheese. Lolz.
So gatekeeper serves no purpose other than be a pain in the dick to guys using the middle strat?

Also, I notice that once again...no drops at Deathsinger.......unless I missed it on stream

Ophelion

So, The Dark Below is an expansion that focuses on the Hive.

House of Wolves looks to be an expansion that focuses on the Fallen.

Do we think that trend is going to continue past that point? Will we get a Cabal and Vex expansion at some point as well?

IHaveIce

Banned
So, The Dark Below is an expansion that focuses on the Hive.

House of Wolves looks to be an expansion that focuses on the Fallen.

Do we think that trend is going to continue past that point? Will we get a Cabal and Vex expansion at some point as well?

The linked infograph had something with Vex as third expansion if I remember correctly

Bizazedo

I believe it. Few of us did normal mode Crota with three or four 30's last Friday for giggles to help alts.

Having one or two just to help distract at Crota and let the 32's do the real damage sounds right. The fight doesn't require all 6 people doing damage, it lets a few people be the ones who carry.

Adding majors wouldn't change that, especially with Gjallahorns / bubbles / suppression grenades or flashbangs etc.

ocean

Banned
I expected more bc of the time it took to come out...
I think that was all about finding cheese. Look at what happened with Atheon: the Vex Mythoclast was supposed to be a coveted reward for the best players. It ended up being prostituted with people spamming the cheese. It made really difficult encounters - Heroic Templar ain't a piece of cake - trivial. With the best rewards in the game locked behind, it makes sense to wait a month and see all the bugs and cheese strategies that need fixing. This way the rewards will be reaped by teams that really deserve it.

If Heroic were to have vastly different encounters, why would they be developing them during these past few weeks? It's something they'd have done while they were building the Raid in the first place I assume. I don't think the player base was rational in assuming Bungie would use the 5 weeks since TDB launch to add a new Crota phase or whatever. That would've been done a long time ago had it been in their plans.

What is this blink strike thing?
A Sword strategy where after hitting Crota a Bladedancer drops his sword and melees Crota to turn invisible. He can then pick up the Sword and stay next to Crota without risk of being killed. That way he can start attacking the very moment he kneels, getting more hits in. Apparently it's no longer working.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Goth's team just beat it. Couple handcannons dropped for them too.

lol primeguard still hasn't finished it yet?

Lamps: Oversoul Edict (Pulse Rifle)
Bridge: Abyss Defiant (Auto Rifle)
Ir Yut: Nothing
Crota: Fang of Ir Yut (Scout Rifle) || Word Of Crota (Hand Cannon) || Shader

Deku Tree

So gatekeeper serves no purpose other than be a pain in the dick to guys using the middle strat?

Also, I notice that once again...no drops at Deathsinger.......unless I missed it on stream

Yup I think you ignore the gatekeepers and stay away from middle. And yes it looks like Ir Yut gives only one drop on normal and hard. Not both.

Atkison04

Lamps: Oversoul Edict (Pulse Rifle)
Bridge: Abyss Defiant (Auto Rifle)
Ir Yut: Nothing
Crota: Fang of Ir Yut (Scout Rifle) || Word Of Crota (Hand Cannon) || Shader

Looks like I'm grabbing crota checkpoints with my alts then. Any truth to helmets possibly dropping at any checkpoint now?

Top Bottom