• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's a really lazy hardmode though. Replaced jumping knights with wizards, added the enrage at the end and literally nothing else.
existing knights are majors, no chalice, and gatekeeper spawns with swordbearer. it's definitely not an extensive set of changes by any stretch but I don't know why you'd say literally nothing else :p

E92 M3

We tried to keep the boomers alive because if you kill them, that spawns the wizard. The wizard blocks a lot of Gjallarhorn shots meant for Crota and can kill sword holder easy.

That is my thinking; keeping the boomers alive as long as possible is the best way to avoid wizards.

What's wrong with the normal ogre strat?

A gate keeper spawns down there.

--

Nami what did you do for Ogres?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why did you guys jynx them like that? XD

Not sure how best to handle that Gatekeeper honestly, it's a legit threat...

KxoZz

existing knights are majors, no chalice, and gatekeeper spawns with swordbearer. it's definitely not an extensive set of changes by any stretch but I don't know why you'd say literally nothing else :p

yeah, i missed a few things, but the abyss and the bridge were identical iirc

A_Gorilla

Banned
Looking to do a normal Crote raid (I'm only 31 so I probably wont be much help in hard).

PS4 of course.

1.) El_Bombastico

2.) ShikiAoi

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

Jinjo

Why did you guys jynx them like that? XD

Not sure how best to handle that Gatekeeper honestly, it's a legit threat...

I can only think of blocking the door with two Saint-14 titans continuously. But you still can't safely use the hallway. Unless you lure him all the way to the back first.

LTWood12

If true I wonder how Bungie will react to it. It hasn't happened before that a team cheesed to world first. I am actually kind of glad that it happened. Maybe Bungie will take a hard look at themselves and actually learn to properly develop/test/patch their raids.

I'm assuming they used the warlock nade/disconnect glitch. That's not even just a cheese anymore, that's an exploit.

But i thought both of those exploits were patched out.

Jinjo

But i thought both of those exploits were patched out.

The disconnect/permanent kneeling one was. But apparently if a Warlock tosses a solar nade/or other igniting grenade on him and disconnects it keeps continuously damaging Crota's shield and he just drops every few seconds without having to do anything.

Some epic evading there by Drizz while wielding the sword just now.

If the Crux is a rare drop the Necrochasm better be the most badass gun in the entire cosmos.

wSE1HOY.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Blind it with a grenade or bubble?
The more titans the better... XD

Trying to think of all the methods of healing available during this, let me know what I'm missing:

-Red Death/SUROS Regime
-Infusion armor perk (helms only?) + orbs
-Blessing of Light (doesn't appear to actually heal, but it's like getting a full health bar back temporarily)
-Storm Fist Transfusion (Striker)
-Energy Drain Life Steal (Voidwalker)
-Apotheosis Veil Radiance (Sunsinger helm)
-Hungering Blade (Bladedancer perk)
-Titan Bubbles (heals the creator on activation)

Namikaze1

Crota's End Hard Mode Crota Fight

Okay, first of all, as of January 21st, Titans are best class! Let me just get that out of the way.

Now that that is out of the way, let's get down to business.

Titans should go Defender, should wear Saint-14, should use Suppresor Grenade and should go with Blessing of Light. Why?

Blessing of Light restores health. Very useful since no chalice.

Suppresor Grenade temporarily blinds enemies and it's good for crowd control as well.

Saint-14 blinds enemies. This is important for the strat.

You know those two towers where boomers spawn? Well, if you kill both, a wizard spawns. That's bad. Immediately upon starting, a Titan with a super should go and place a bubble on the tower opening facing left. Stay there to draw the boomers to you to temporarily blind them. Always kill just one boomer: the one facing Crota. You want to leave one boomers live so that the wizard doesn't come out.

Another Titan should throw down a bubble outside the left doorway for team protection.

New to the fight is a Gatekeeper spawning. Ignore the Gatekeeper. Ignore it!

Once Crota starts moving to left, don't go to middle! jump to right side and a Titan needs to throw a bubble down by the right doorway. Move back into the room and dps them knights, Thralls, and cursed Thralls.

But what about the ogres, Nami? Another Titan needs to throw down a shield down the right stairway. Use that bubble to come in and out to dps them motherfuckers.

Once Crota moves from left to middle, you stay on right! By this time, Crota should be at 30-40% health. This next part is crucial. After you take him down once, the motherfucker instantly enrages!!!!!!!

IGNORE OVERSOUL!!!! IGNORE IT!!!!

This is what I call the Suicide Kneel. You DPS that motherfucker regardless of Oversoul being active. Bastard should be down to 15% anyway if you do the previous sword runs right. I won't lie. You will die but so will Crota. And you still come out victorious.

Okay, what if, just throwing it out there, we just the second half of the second sword to take out the gatekeeper then do ogres regular? Should teçhnîcally still have enough time to DPS Crota right?

In theory a new gatekeeper spawns whenever a new swordbearer spawns. Might work if you do with the second half of the second sword, but You'd have to kill the Ogres quick not to get boxed in with the gatekeeper.

Top Bottom