• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

hydruxo

I used Suros for Crota and the health regen just doesn't proc enough to be worth using. I don't have an upgraded Red Death but I'd imagine that would be the better option since the regen is more guarunteed.

Ambitious

What happened to Crotas other forms?

We already saw them. Heart of Crota, Soul of Crota, Eyes of Crota, ect.

What do you mean?

There's two. The Soul of Crota you beat in story and Crota himself. Urk is just a filthy spindoctor.

I guess the oversoul can count as number three

The quote's still in my clipboard (I posted it earlier today):

We can definitely scale standard enemy types, and do, but for special encounters the team creates new geometry, shaders and effects, encounter mechanics, sound effects, etc.

What you're seeing in the prologue is one of Crota's forms. We'll have some more info dropping soon, but we'll be pretty tight lipped about the Raid and Raid boss for obvious reasons.

Now, of course, technically, you could call his soul one form. However, Urk was clearly talking about the raid itself and its final boss fight. It's very clear he intended to imply that Crota would actually have different forms in the fight, like so many video game bosses have.

I disagree with the notion that any of the enemies and things mentioned above count as forms. Crota is just an oversized knight, and Urk was deliberately misleading. He's just another shady, lying mouthpiece, like DeeJ.

R0ckman

Crota's End Hard Mode Crota Fight

Okay, first of all, as of January 21st, Titans are best class! Let me just get that out of the way.

Now that that is out of the way, let's get down to business.

Titans should go Defender, should wear Saint-14, should use Suppresor Grenade and should go with Blessing of Light. Why?

Blessing of Light restores health. Very useful since no chalice.

Suppresor Grenade temporarily blinds enemies and it's good for crowd control as well.

Saint-14 blinds enemies. This is important for the strat.

You know those two towers where boomers spawn? Well, if you kill both, a wizard spawns. That's bad. Immediately upon starting, a Titan with a super should go and place a bubble on the tower opening facing left. Stay there to draw the boomers to you to temporarily blind them. Always kill just one boomer: the one facing Crota. You want to leave one boomers live so that the wizard doesn't come out.

Another Titan should throw down a bubble outside the left doorway for team protection.

New to the fight is a Gatekeeper spawning. Ignore the Gatekeeper. Ignore it!

Once Crota starts moving to left, don't go to middle! jump to right side and a Titan needs to throw a bubble down by the right doorway. Move back into the room and dps them knights, Thralls, and cursed Thralls.

But what about the ogres, Nami? Another Titan needs to throw down a shield down the right stairway. Se that bubble to come in and out to dps them motherfuckers.

Once Crota moves from left to middle, you stay on right! By this time, Crota should be at 30-40% health. This next part is crucial. After you take him down once, the motherfucker instantly enrages!!!!!!!

IGNORE OVERSOUL!!!! IGNORE IT!!!!

This is what I call the Suicide Kneel. You DPS that motherfucker regardless of Oversoul being active. Bastard should be down to 15% anyway if you do the previous sword runs right. I won't lie. You will die but so will Crota. And you still come out victorious.

Our team has a bunch of Ghorns, can't we blast the orgres to hell easily?

LTWood12

The disconnect/permanent kneeling one was. But apparently if a Warlock tosses a solar nade/or other igniting grenade on him and disconnects it keeps continuously damaging Crota's shield and he just drops every few seconds without having to do anything.

Some epic evading there by Drizz while wielding the sword just now.

jesus where do people come up with this crap?

LiK

Okay, first of all, as of January 21st, Titans are best class! Let me just get that out of the way.

Titans should go Defender, should wear Saint-14, should use Suppresor Grenade and should go with Blessing of Light. Why?

Suppresor Grenade temporarily blinds enemies and it's good for crowd control as well.

You know those two towers where boomers spawn? Well, if you kill both, a wizard spawns. That's bad. Immediately upon starting, a Titan with a super should go and place a bubble on the tower opening facing left. Stay there to draw the boomers to you to temporarily blind them. Always kill just one boomer: the one facing Crota. You want to leave one boomers live so that the wizard doesn't come out.

Another Titan should throw down a bubble outside the left doorway for team protection.

Once Crota starts moving to left, don't go to middle! jump to right side and a Titan needs to throw a bubble down by the right doorway. Move back into the room and dps them knights, Thralls, and cursed Thralls.

But what about the ogres, Nami? Another Titan needs to throw down a shield down the right stairway. Se that bubble to come in and out to dps them motherfuckers.

Once Crota moves from left to middle, you stay on right! By this time, Crota should be at 30-40% health. This next part is crucial. After you take him down once, the motherfucker instantly enrages!!!!!!!

This is what I call the Suicide Kneel. You DPS that motherfucker regardless of Oversoul being active. Bastard should be down to 15% anyway if you do the previous sword runs right. I won't lie. You will die but so will Crota. And you still come out victorious.

Defender Titan MVP, other classes are trash

Mindlog

The more titans the better... XD

Trying to think of all the methods of healing available during this, let me know what I'm missing:

-Red Death/SUROS Regime
-Infusion armor perk (helms only?) + orbs
-Blessing of Light
-Storm Fist Transfusion (Striker)
-Energy Drain Life Steal (Voidwalker)
-Apotheosis Veil Radiance (Sunsinger helm)
-Hungering Blade (Bladedancer perk)
I used Suros for a while and it worked, but Infusion is my favorite method of healing by far. It should be the team's goal to constantly spawn orbs for each other anyway. Apotheosis Veil worked wonders. Not as concerned with my Titan gear anymore because I'll be using a helm and that's all there is to it.

The bigger problem is Ogres :]
:D
That was one of my suggestions.

zewone

In theory a new gatekeeper spawns whenever a new swordbearer spawns. Might work if you do with the second half of the second sword, but You'd have to kill the Ogres quick not to get boxed in with the gatekeeper.
Nope. New Gatekeeper spawns as soon as the previous GK dies. There's always a GK.

hydruxo

Blessing of Light doesn't regen health for everyone, pretty sure it's just for whoever pops the bubble. We used it and I'd get the shield but my health was still the same as it was before after it wore off.

Shito

Ok, so, Crota HM is not too different, just as Atheon was. The big difference is that Bungie waited weeks before releasing it, getting everyone's hopes way too high on what the changes would be.

Not related, but I finally unlocked Eidolon's Ally: it's not as crappy as people were telling it was. I can see its perks addressing its main flaws (range and stability), so i'll upgrade it for sure, just to see. Weird that it caps at 323 attack, though...

Also, not too start a new war of the classes, but I'm starting to believe Chain of Woe is the most op skill ever in PVE. The bonus it provides at x3 is so insanely good that it basically means no reload time anymore. And compared to most of the other skills, the good part is that it's always available.
Also, some thing I just noticed tonight: changing your skill to Chain of Woe makes it instantly available. Meaning that if, for example, you kill two enemies with precision damage and quickly select Chain of Woe, you will already be buffed at x2, with the timer counting down. Probably useless, but cute to know...

zewone

Blessing of Light doesn't regen health for everyone, pretty sure it's just for whoever pops the bubble. We used it and I'd get the shield but my health was still the same as it was before after it wore off.
The act of creating any kind of bubble heals the titan who made it. It doesn't have to be blessing. Blessing is still best for Crota because it gives you extra shields to live during the encounter.

Jinjo

The quote's still in my clipboard (I posted it earlier today):

Now, of course, technically, you could call his soul one form. However, Urk was clearly talking about the raid itself and its final boss fight. It's very clear he intended to imply that Crota would actually have different forms in the fight, like so many video game bosses have.

I disagree with the notion that any of the enemies and things mentioned above count as forms. Crota is just an oversized knight, and Urk was deliberately misleading. He's just another shady, lying mouthpiece, like DeeJ.

I know those forms don't really count. But that's probably what he was alluding too. Either way, I completely agree with Urk being deliberately misleading (which is why I called him a spindoctor). You'd think by now they've learned to stop selling bullshit to their fanbase after all the backlash they've gotten. We do fucking remember you know. But alas, clearly they never learn.

cilonen

But what about the ogres, Nami? Another Titan needs to throw down a shield down the right stairway. Use that bubble to come in and out to dps them motherfuckers.

Seeing you guys develop this over the runs was awesome.

hydruxo

The act of creating any kind of bubble heals the titan who made it. It doesn't have to be blessing. Blessing is still best for Crota because it gives you extra shields to live during the encounter.

I know. I'm just saying it doesn't give everyone health regen.

Carbonox

Tried Crota Hard Mode earlier with 5 others and they were all Hunters but me (Titan Defender). That was fun.

We couldn't do the bit where you have to go to different sides of the area and wait for the bridge to appear where there are wizards and ogres and shit on the other side.

Looking forward to finally nailing it though. Plus I got the HM Pulse Rifle out of it which I'm enjoying a lot with its automatic upgrade.

I'll be back on for the run but right now I'm eating dinner. I'm starving, man!
xTgU6PD.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Edited my post to clarify how it works for others. I'll also add that titan bubbles refill their creators' health (@$#@$ OP defenders).

Hoodbury

Does anyone know if field scout, Surplus, and clown cartridge provide extra heavy ammo in the crucible for rocket launchers?

Just turned in a blue engram that turned into a legendary rocket launcher with those three perks all available at the same time.

A lot of people are making a big deal out of world first except for the team that actually did it. Even if they did cheese it, afaik they didn't make any claims.

But they can't not cheese if they know it's the quickest way cause what if another team cheeses. I Don't blame them for cheesing really

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't recall such a skill. Which one is it? I only know of the super that restores health.
Hungering Blade. "Kills with Arc Blade and Blink Strike immediately regenerate health."

It means sacrificing Stalker, but you can keep Escape Artist and Vanish. Definitely worth considering.

rNilla

I'm uploading our successful run so you guys will see that strategy above be play out.

I'm also uploading our successful suicide run from the perspective of Queen Scrub swordbearer (me). I managed to kill Crota despite not being a Titan, thanks to our Titan team (and Warlock :)). They did the heavy lifting, I just swung the sword around.

Namikaze1

I'm also uploading our successful suicide run from the perspective of Queen Scrub swordbearer (me). I managed to kill Crota despite not being a Titan, thanks to my Titan team (and Warlock :)).
My video has the run where I was one hit away from taking Crota down.

That one painful hit. I nearly had him, momma!

Good write-up, nami. I'd say that encapsulates our strategy pretty well. I'm interested to see how titanless teams manage the victory. Also, thanks for group. Was glad to be part of the first GAF team to take down HM Crota!

Now to do it on my hunter...

Top Bottom