• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Does anyone know if field scout, Surplus, and clown cartridge provide extra heavy ammo in the crucible for rocket launchers?

Just turned in a blue engram that turned into a legendary rocket launcher with those three perks all available at the same time.
So

Field Scout: This affects your magazine size, hopefully that answers your question with regard to ammo in the crucible. It's not going to affect the amount you get total, but it definitely makes any RL more awesome.
Surplus: No effect in Crucible at all
Clown Cartridge: Reloading can essentially sometimes produce Extra heavy ammo from nothing, definitely does apply in Crucible.

While Nami's strat is good, there is one big flaw in that you have to rely a lot on one thing - bubbles. Until we can come up with a strat that doesn't involve so many Titans, I don't think we're gonna be 3x Crota every week like normal...

Trace

Banned
While Nami's strat is good, there is one big flaw in that you have to rely a lot on one thing - bubbles. Until we can come up with a strat that doesn't involve so many Titans, I don't think we're gonna be 3x Crota every week like normal...

If you have a solid group down, we did it with no Titans whatsoever.

It took us about 3 hours, but towards the end we had about three runs in a row with him at one hit to death when we died. Once people do it more it shouldn't be impossible to 3x a week it.

Jinjo

Hidden skill?

No it says right in the description lol. Might be that they secretly added it though, haven't been a Hunter since day 1. I think they made the Transfusion work with shoulder charge later as well. Don't think it did that on release.

Hoodbury

So

Field Scout: This affects your magazine size, hopefully that answers your question with regard to ammo in the crucible. It's not going to affect the amount you get total, but it definitely makes any RL more awesome.
Surplus: No effect in Crucible at all
Clown Cartridge: Reloading can essentially sometimes produce Extra heavy ammo from nothing, definitely does apply in Crucible.

So field scout will give me three in the chamber if it's normally 2?
too bad about Surplus.
Sounds good about Clown cartridge.

Thanks for the info. This might finally replace my hezen vengeance.

cilonen

Bubbles buy you thinking time in the moment of the fight. I'm sure in a week or two it'll be perfectly do-able without, but as a device to buy you a moment or two and swing things in your favour when you're reacting to new stuff they're invaluable.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So field scout will give me three in the chamber if it's normally 2?
Yeah, 3 no matter what (Field Scout is "set magazine size to max for that weapon type")
Think he's just disappointed in hard mode
No he definitely is which is totally understandable, but so far as I thought from our earlier discussions he doesn't care about cheesing regardless of context. that's a valid position in its own right, I mean, I personally don't think whether or not you're in favor of it should have anything to do with the design of any given encounter

It's like I've been saying. He didn't want all the dairy products people were giving him he'd much rather get his calcium from gnawing on your bones.

Haha very true. I've never cheesed the Crota fight before, but this makes me strongly consider it, if there was any.
It's like Bungie looked at the most used strategies in normal raids and placed enemies in places to mess those strategies up.
Just reading about the auto enrage when he is almost down as well. I thought it was a joke post. Ridiculous.

Steroyd

What happened with Drizzay's team?

Bungie's netcode decided my 70Mbps dl 20Mbps ul speed which has had no problems with this exact same team for 3 months randomly decides to fuck everything up by making it a laggy piece of shit so I'm sitting it out while they kill Crota.

Not happy at all, I'm already pissed at how the crucible can't hold it together as is.

Cruxist

Guys, we did it.

My clan took down HM Crota... with only 1 wipe.

He hit enrage. Gjallarhorn's fired. The sword bearer said he wasn't going to make it. And then the beautiful drops.

Got the Scout Rifle and the Pulse Rifle, plus all the requisite drops. I feel pretty damn good right now.

Hoodbury

Yeah, 3 no matter what (Field Scout is "set magazine size to max for that weapon type")

Wonder why they have a separate perk called tripod that does that too?
Tripod - this launchers tube can hold three shells
Field scout - Maximum Ammo capacity.

Field scout reads as if the max total ammo you get is higher.

Bubbles buy you thinking time in the moment of the fight. I'm sure in a week or two it'll be perfectly do-able without, but as a device to buy you a moment or two and swing things in your favour when you're reacting to new stuff they're invaluable.

Oh no, I'm not saying bubbles are a bad thing. Just saying we can't let ourselves rely on them too much due to team composition statistics. Just not enough Titans to do 3x Crota each week. But as Trace said above im sure it is doable, but much more frustrating with less Titans. I guess I'll just have to wait a week or so for a good strat to come out

cilonen

Oh no, I'm not saying bubbles are a bad thing. Just saying we can't let ourselves rely on them too much due to team composition statistics. Just not enough Titans to do 3x Crota each week. But as Trace said above im sure it is doable, but much more frustrating with less Titans. I guess I'll just have to wait a week or so for a good strat to come out

Ah, I agree :)

E92 M3

No it says right in the description lol. Might be that they secretly added it though, haven't been a Hunter since day 1. I think they made the Transfusion work with shoulder charge later as well. Don't think it did that on release.

Nvm it does lol. I was just blind.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Like, don't you not care about cheesing regardless? I thought you said that it didn't really matter the context, because your interpretation of it is an extension of people playing how they want to.

On a one-rocket-mag RL it changes the mag size to only two though.
Wonder why they have a separate perk called tripod that does that too?
Tripod - this launchers tube can hold three shells
Field scout - Maximum Ammo capacity.

Field scout reads as if the max total ammo you get is higher.
Oh I see... so I guess that 2 the "max" RL size then and Tripod is a unique perk to hit 3. bummer :(

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Nobody wins

activision-logo.jpg

Guys, we did it.

My clan took down HM Crota... with only 1 wipe.

He hit enrage. Gjallarhorn's fired. The sword bearer said he wasn't going to make it. And then the beautiful drops.

Got the Scout Rifle and the Pulse Rifle, plus all the requisite drops. I feel pretty damn good right now.

Congrats, man.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
This one dude is using what looks like the VoC w/out field scout, but his shots are igniting. I swear it's the VoC hmm.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I am okay with certain cheesing. Stuff like getting on supposedly out of reach platform to snipe, etc, is okay but things like leaving the party and having him kneel indefinitely is a no no.

Cheesing has always been part of games. A huge chunk of the speed run records for various games are done with some sort of cheesing and exploits.

Top Bottom