• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

cilonen

Did we win? :D

Team Husk beat out Datto and Primeguard, so in that sense yes! People think TripleWreck got the first streamed non-cheesed kill in about 45 minutes, but Bungie have identified a clan 'One and Done' which DestinyDB info suggests they beat it in 19mins 33 sec. Lots of people (me included) are sceptical that that one is cheese-free.

Bungie's netcode decided my 70Mbps dl 20Mbps ul speed which has had no problems with this exact same team for 3 months randomly decides to fuck everything up by making it a laggy piece of shit so I'm sitting it out while they kill Crota.

Not happy at all, I'm already pissed at how the crucible can't hold it together as is.

I don't play a lot of crucible but I decided to play IB with my friends. Man the lag was so bad. I couldn't play well at all and figured I just sucked. Last two days Ive been doing crucible bounties alone in order to get to crucible rank 3. The lag is so much better now. Can't believe what a difference it makes. Seems like I'm gettin k/D ~ 2 without mich effort now. I use TLW as well and that gun does not play well with lag.

I am okay with certain cheesing. Stuff like getting on supposedly out of reach platform to snipe, etc, is okay but things like leaving the party and having him kneel indefinitely is a no no.

Cheesing has always been part of games. A huge chunk of the speed run records for various games are done with some sort of cheesing and exploits.

I feel the same way. Is the disconnecting the cable thing even considered a cheese? That's just dirty

LiK

Bungie's netcode decided my 70Mbps dl 20Mbps ul speed which has had no problems with this exact same team for 3 months randomly decides to fuck everything up by making it a laggy piece of shit so I'm sitting it out while they kill Crota.

Not happy at all, I'm already pissed at how the crucible can't hold it together as is.

Yea, I seem to get bad lag when I play with you. Not sure what's going on with your connection and Destiny. Tried changing NAT?

Namikaze1

Nami, how did you guys take care of the boomers? My Clan had a pretty specific strat to keep them out of the fight.

Crota's End Hard Mode Crota Fight

Okay, first of all, as of January 21st, Titans are best class! Let me just get that out of the way.

Now that that is out of the way, let's get down to business.

Titans should go Defender, should wear Saint-14, should use Suppresor Grenade and should go with Blessing of Light. Why?

Blessing of Light restores health. Very useful since no chalice.

Suppresor Grenade temporarily blinds enemies and it's good for crowd control as well.

Saint-14 blinds enemies. This is important for the strat.

You know those two towers where boomers spawn? Well, if you kill both, a wizard spawns. That's bad. Immediately upon starting, a Titan with a super should go and place a bubble on the tower opening facing left. Stay there to draw the boomers to you to temporarily blind them. Always kill just one boomer: the one facing Crota. You want to leave one boomers live so that the wizard doesn't come out.

Another Titan should throw down a bubble outside the left doorway for team protection.

New to the fight is a Gatekeeper spawning. Ignore the Gatekeeper. Ignore it!

Once Crota starts moving to left, don't go to middle! jump to right side and a Titan needs to throw a bubble down by the right doorway. Move back into the room and dps them knights, Thralls, and cursed Thralls.

But what about the ogres, Nami? Another Titan needs to throw down a shield down the right stairway. Use that bubble to come in and out to dps them motherfuckers.

Once Crota moves from left to middle, you stay on right! By this time, Crota should be at 30-40% health. This next part is crucial. After you take him down once, the motherfucker instantly enrages!!!!!!!

IGNORE OVERSOUL!!!! IGNORE IT!!!!

This is what I call the Suicide Kneel. You DPS that motherfucker regardless of Oversoul being active. Bastard should be down to 15% anyway if you do the previous sword runs right. I won't lie. You will die but so will Crota. And you still come out victorious.

Starting 10PM EST need 1 more for first run through HM Crota:

1. HidingMyThunder - lvl 32 hunter, horn
2. rarbusto - lvl 32 hunter
3. pescar238 - lvl 32 hunter, horn
4. hibano23 - lvl 32 titan, horn
5. cybrwzrd - lvl 32 hunter
6. EroticSushi - lvl 32 warlock

alt1:
alt2:

One more titan would be ideal. 32 and ability to beat it without cheese is a must.
Sorry for the late reply. I'm at work right now. Not a Titan, Warlock but I have a horn. Let me know if you already found someone else.

Jinjo

Beat Datto at least!

The fact that Datto spend a good part practicing no-chalice Crota kills makes it all the more funnier they choked hard on Crota lol. The difference between how organised Invigorate were compared to Primeguard was jarring to say the least.

Team Husk beat out Datto and Primeguard, so in that sense yes! People think TripleWreck got the first streamed non-cheesed kill in about 45 minutes, but Bungie have identified a clan 'One and Done' which DestinyDB info suggests they beat it in 19mins 33 sec. Lots of people (me included) are sceptical that that one is cheese-free.

Yeah, that doesn't seem possible.

All these posts about Bungie being so uncreative with Hard Mode...

What did you expect? I mean, did you see Vault of Glass? There was literally nothing new in the Hard mode version besides no respawns. That was it.

There was even a tweet that said if you are familiar with Hard Mode VoG then you probably have a good idea of what to expect.

Bogeypop

They left out the detail that the team had two 31s. Bungie should request a replay to authenticate it.

6dsufyq.gif

R0ckman

No one commented before but maybe the reason they waited to release hardmode was not to make it a unique experience but to have enough time for us to find a bunch of the bugs to minimize cheesing.

cilonen

They left out the detail that the team had two 31s. Bungie should request a replay to authenticate it.

Oh, yeah, my bad. And I agree with your opinion on what a 'cheese' is too. If I can get somewhere in the level which gives me a chance to stay alive a bit longer / attack enemies from a new position then that's fair game especially if I'm soloing a weekly or nightfall.

Top Bottom