• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Qwell

My Black Hammer is maxed but the green bar didn't disappear. It's bothering me SO much. Anyone have that glitch?
Everyone does because Bungie disabled the Hive Bonus dmg perk until they can figure out how to not make it break the instant reload.

Namikaze1

EL CUCO

I'm jacked up for our Hard Raid tonight.

I've been watching streams left and right studying everything...work productivity is at an all time low. Hardest part seems to be the bridge due to the overwhelming Majors. Once we get used to the pace and patterns, it's getting burned.

Crota really doesn't look that much different, minus no chalice. No more middle safe room, from what I'm seeing. Looks like running the left side and rotating accordingly for Crota around the back is the best strat, atm.

Crota is getting wrecked!

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I've been watching streams left and right studying everything...work productivity is at an all time low. Hardest part seems to be the bridge due to the overwhelming Majors. Once we get used to the pace and patterns, it's getting burned.

Crota really doesn't look that much different, minus no chalice. No more middle safe room, from what I'm seeing. Looks like running the left side and rotating accordingly for Crota around the back is the best strat, atm.

You still can cheese the bridge.

We just did.

raindoc

All these posts about Bungie being so uncreative with Hard Mode...

What did you expect? I mean, did you see Vault of Glass? There was literally nothing new in the Hard mode version besides no respawns. That was it.

There was even a tweet that said if you are familiar with Hard Mode VoG then you probably have a good idea of what to expect.

Detain fields.
Yeah that's it, BUT VoG HM wasn't held back for over one month and CE is really, really short in comparison to the VoG. Add some dev remarks a la "Crota has multiple forms" and you shouldn't be surprised that people expected somewhat more than what we got today.

Deku Tree

For sure!

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Add some dev remarks a la "Crota has multiple forms" and you shouldn't be surprised that people expected somewhat more than what we got today.

You shouldn't believe anything Bungie says.

They've stablished a track record of lying through their teeth.

About the hard mode, personally I think that no revives and no health regen is a very lazy way to make things hard.

showmethereceipts.gif.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/557987179863891968

B75drjvCUAAE0vJ.jpg

hydruxo

Bridge is probably the easiest part tbh, nothing about it has really changed other than having a damage disadvantage being 32.

Crota fight is the toughest part by far, but even then, HM has only been out a few hours and I have no doubt that by this weekend/next week it'll be routine like Hard VoG when people get strategies down. Everything is new and people are still experimenting.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
titan bubble, blessing of light doesnt work for heals for us....

only for the titan who dropped it, glitch?
No, any bubble heals the titan that dropped it. Blessing just gives you an overshield which is like the equivalent of a full health bar while active.

All these posts about Bungie being so uncreative with Hard Mode...

What did you expect? I mean, did you see Vault of Glass? There was literally nothing new in the Hard mode version besides no respawns. That was it.

There was even a tweet that said if you are familiar with Hard Mode VoG then you probably have a good idea of what to expect.

I guess people had hopes for something different

About the hard mode, personally I think that no revives and no health regen is a very lazy way to make things hard.

Yeah no revives in VoG was already shitty. Sucks having to just sit and watch others play. The no regen with no revives is just stupid with so many enemies

Deku Tree

Bridge is probably the easiest part tbh, nothing about it has really changed other than having a damage disadvantage being 32.

Crota fight is the toughest part by far, but even then, HM has only been out a few hours and I have no doubt that by this weekend/next week it'll be routine like Hard VoG when people get strategies down. Everything is new and people are still experimenting.

The hardest part of VoG HM was being a #Forever29 in a full fireteam of 29s waiting for months for those boots to drop...

...what Cheese may come

We called it. Was very late for Dhruv and others.

Will be playing with part of the team and looking for some new takers for Crota in the next hour or so.

Good luck.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Adding the Gatekeeper was a really poor design choice imo. There's zero incentive to engage it. It does nothing but add randomness for the sake of randomness. Its not like Destiny is the pantheon of amazing enemy design to begin with but they could have made the thing have some significance. Make killing it buff the sword damage. or drop a chalice. Something.

R0ckman

Adding the Gatekeeper was a really poor design choice imo. There's zero incentive to engage it. It does nothing but add randomness for the sake of randomness. Its not like Destiny is the pantheon of amazing enemy design to begin with but they could have made the thing have some significance. Make killing it buff the sword damage. or drop a chalice. Something.

When I heard that they were in I just shook my head and figured yoi could get away with igoring them.

32 Titan, or 32 Warlock Looking for a HM Crota's End. First time running it on hard, but I have gjalarhorn, and have cleared normal three times a week since launch. PS4 The_Reckoning

GlamFM

Banned
We made it to the deathsinger berfore I had to go to sleep. Got the pulse rifle. Is it any good? Worth leveling up for the raid?

Lima

Guys look at where the gatekeeper spawns. He spawns down in the middle where lots of people used to hide during Ogres. Some even did all of it from down there. It's just there to keep you from going there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I may be alone, but I think no revives/no chalice are legitimate sources of difficulty. The former forces you to be much more careful and punishes mistakes, the latter encourages mixing up builds and seeking alternative sources of regen/healing that aren't typically considered valuable. You have to play differently to accomodate. The artificial difficulty comes in with regard to the forced level differential. You play exactly same, but actions take longer. It's shallow design in the sense that all that changes is numerical, but especially considering that you can't be "at level" for it regardless of effort until the level cap is raised.

E92 M3

Guys look at where the gatekeeper spawns. He spawns down in the middle where lots of people used to hide during Ogres. Some even did all of it from down there. It's just there to keep you from going there.

Yes, not surprising at all. I expected it.

Mindlog

My biggest problem with it. Would have been nice if it only spawned after every Crota move. At least then it would add some strategy to dealing with that obstacle. I was hoping we could kill it during the Ogre phase to use that area, but then another one immediately spawns. Bleh. May as well just fill the area with vestiges.
I may be alone, but I think no revives/no chalice are legitimate sources of difficulty. The former forces you to be much more careful and punishes mistakes, the latter encourages mixing up builds and seeking alternative sources of regen/healing that aren't typically considered valuable. You have to play differently to accomodate. The artificial difficulty comes in with regard to the forced level differential. You play exactly same, but actions take longer. It's shallow design in the sense that all that changes is numerical, but especially considering that you can't be "at level" for it regardless of effort until the level cap is raised.
I really enjoy that part.

R0ckman

Still lazy. Its basically adding elements to prevent you from using certain strategies. Its not leading to a new one, it's kind of like they designed the hard mode after everything in the old one was figured out, we were lab rats.

Top Bottom