• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Namikaze1

How long did it take you guys to clear the raid Nami?
Stream went on for 3 hours and 40 minutes but 20 minutes of those was spent waiting for the go ahead from Bungie and a few minutes were spent after beating Crota just checking out new drops and heading to Tower so I would estimate around 3 hours and 10 minutes. We got to Crota quite fast though. Most of that time was spent at Crota alone.

MrS

Banned
Stream went on for 3 hours and 40 minutes but 20 minutes of those was spent waiting for the go ahead from Bungie and a few minutes were spent after beating Crota just checking out new drops and heading to Tower so I would estimate around 3 hours and 10 minutes. We got to Crota quite fast though. Most of that time was spent at Crota alone.
Pretty quick!

Ourobolus

Banned
Yes you do. In the state the Raid is in right now the Horn seems mandatory.

Ah well, I'll just keep giving it a go. Still have three stages of the raid that I can do smoothly anyway.

And getting a Thunderlord yesterday drops my missing [original] exotics count to 2 - Gjallarhorn and Monte Carlo.
Actually, 4 total - still just missing Necrochasm and 4th Horseman.

GlamFM

Banned
yep, any strategy that says to use Ballerhorns is useless for most players who never got the drop.

Thing is, I don´t know what other way there even could be to drop him.

I shot him with a bunch of stuff - the Horn was the only effective way.

E92 M3

I know this was posted yesterday but has anyone from GAF tried the center strategy with Crota? Looks easy enough when you watch it but I'm sure the timings need to be absolutely perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUKmQQuapC4

We were doing it last night. The timing needs to be PERFECT and everything needs to be executed with precision. Hard mode is a dance where imperfections end the try instantly. One mess up and it's essentially done.

Also it's funny how the Ghorn is mandatory now. Everything needs to be taken down quick and everything is an ultra lol.

noomi

"LFM - crota hard, maxed yolohorn, maxed black hammer, level 32, experience required, first born child" :/ "others need not apply"

That's what hard mode is now.

I really WANT Xur to sell heavies tomorrow. Burned around 40 or so last night.

you and me, and my whole team as well. we went through A LOT

Rubenov

You know what? Fuck this raid.

We spent probably around 6 hours, with over 4 being at Crota.... we had him down, multiple times... to a FUCKING SLIVER of health, then enrage and death. GAWD!

Bugs? Sure.... knights going through glass, sword disappearing all that usual shit.

To the guys (you know who you are) that stuck it out with us yesterday, thank you... seriously thanks for being patient and trying to get it done, we tried.

Let me also just say that I'm really sorry about the stupid mistakes and deaths on my part. It makes you feel real shitty when your whole team is depending on you, everyone gets pumped about how close we are, and then I fucking get killed :| My timing was off, stupid mistakes, glitches, frustration and being tired was getting to me after that many hours and I just couldn't play as effectively as I normally do.

Those who raid with me each week, know I don't fuck around with the sword and I get Crota down quick and easy. Hard mode feels like too much man, give us the chalice or remove enrage at the end....

I feel like a zombie this morning after 4 hours of sleep... I'm off to work, we'll try again later.

<3 DestinyGAF

The pressure of killing Crota before Ogres is too much... we just need an effective strategy for the Ogres and then Crota can be finished off easy.

I have some ideas to discuss later

E92 M3

"LFM - crota hard, maxed yolohorn, maxed black hammer, level 32, experience required, first born child" :/ "others need not apply"

That's what hard mode is now.

you and me, and my whole team as well. we went through A LOT

Yes first born child plus deed to house. If ever weapons were important, this encounter is it! Even Gjallar feels marginalized against the enemies, can't imagine anything else.

I want to try that center WR strat again but man the timing has to be perfect. Three kneels is impressive.

It's not too bad getting 3 strikes in. The sword carrier needs to be Ghorned quickly, and everyone has to time rockets with one person calling the fire command. Ghorn is a must though.

Xur needs to sell GHorn and Ruin wings tomorrow to make up for the ultra difficulty and timing perfection required in HM Crota.

Or Saint - 14 ;)

LiK

3 if the timing is right - 4 just to be sure.

That´s why 4 Horns are desirable when attempting the hard raid.

also need a sword master who can be really effective. Boomers are more deadly so it's harder for them without chalice unless it's a Defender Titan. Figs was having trouble last night as a Hunter. not sure what was going on. she said her melee wasn't working. i'm assuming it was the Blink Strike tactic.

GlamFM

Banned
also need a sword master who can be really effective. Boomers are more deadly so it's harder for them without chalice unless it's a Defender Titan. Figs was having trouble last night as a Hunter. not sure what was going on. she said her melee wasn't working. i'm assuming it was the Blink Strike tactic.

"Titan Bubble next to Crota" seems to be the way to go.

noomi

The pressure of killing Crota before Ogres is too much... we just need an effective strategy for the Ogres and then Crota can be finished off easy.

I have some ideas to discuss later

I agree, after watching all the videos this morning, it looks like there are 3 solid strategies to get this done.

Regardless of which one we use I feel pretty good today, and much more confident that I can take care of business. Call me obsessed but on the way to work today I was already figuring out what to do in different scenarios lol.

I feel good about the bubble strat, but I will use my invisibility as well for safety, to save time, and get in 1 or 2 more hits.

We ARE getting this done today. I will not let my team down again.

patchday

Wow DGAF going crazy over HM Crota like nobody's business

Do I dare even ask for a GK checkpoint? My begging will probably fall on deaf ears lol

gdt

Got 5 hours of sleep. Need to eat breakfast, and run out and get a haircut and pick something up at the store.

After that, it's Destiny all day long baby. Really want the auto rifle.

Top Bottom