• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Feorax

Ok, i finish work in about an hour, so I'm going to set up a CE normal run for us level 31 nd under peasants to go in about 90 mins.

Just add your name to the list below:

1. MattIgoe

Namikaze1

Someone asked for a screen pic of Glowhoo yesterday. Here it is for you:

With Full Raid Gear
B79WwkGCIAAYVuV.jpg:orig

With Ruin Wings
B79W4pnIcAA1HNU.jpg:orig

With Saint-14 and Iron Banner gloves
B79XEBWIMAEAnwe.jpg:orig

With Glasshouse
B79XMCWIgAAMYnx.jpg:orig

E92 M3

I agree, after watching all the videos this morning, it looks like there are 3 solid strategies to get this done.

Regardless of which one we use I feel pretty good today, and much more confident that I can take care of business. Call me obsessed but on the way to work today I was already figuring out what to do in different scenarios lol.

I feel good about the bubble strat, but I will use my invisibility as well for safety, to save time, and get in 1 or 2 more hits.

We ARE getting this done today. I will not let my team down again.

Yes, last night and today all I am thinking about is how to perfect the fight. My damn perfectionist personality gives me so much trouble with this. If I love a game (talking about games here) I want to be able to do my best. Perfecting hard mode is now all I want to do in Destiny, don't even care about anything else. Bungie made the fight require perfection - they threw the book at us. Last time I remember being so frustrated about not being perfect was with getting S rank in Gran Turismo 3 license tests lol.

That said, no shooter comes close to Destiny with requiring so much precision with other people. Raids are the best coop experience I ever played in a shooter. No question.

Raybunny

3 Titans with Sarah Michelle Gellarhorns will kill the raid, won't it? Pop two bubbles at the boomers and one by one of the top doors, then go to the centre and fire.

2 Titans will do it tbh, from the moment you got them ready to pop bubbles on the right spot.

LiK

I think if we had 6 Defender Titans with Saint and Ballerhorn, it would be fucking easy as hell. just make Blessing bubbles from stairs to Crota. Boomers be
damned, lol

also, Glowhoo is UGLY

boofa

Neo Member
My normal crew was able to make it to Crota w/o much trouble, but unable to even make a dent once we got there. We didn't try for long because it was getting late though, so maybe there will be hope this weekend. Good news is I scored both the AR and pulse rifle, so pretty stoked about that. Really need a chest for my hunter so I can hit 32 on all 3.

MrS

Banned
I think if we had 6 Defender Titans with Saint and Ballerhorn, it would be fucking easy as hell. just make Blessing bubbles from stairs to Crota. Boomers be
damned, lol

also, Glowhoo is UGLY
Glowhoo is a prestige shader right now. Wear it and watch others marvel at you.

Hope Xür sells the Ghorn tomorrow.

Finally have my account validated .. been reading these threads and following along for a long time now. Grinding on my own ..jumping in here and there with a few gaf players. Hopefully now I won't have to grind so much alone.

Looking forward to playing with you guys, anyone who wants to add me feel free to.

ipitythafool32 ..ps4

Deku Tree

Finally have my account validated .. been reading these threads and following along for a long time now. Grinding on my own ..jumping in here and there with a few gaf players. Hopefully now I won't have to grind so much alone.

Looking forward to playing with you guys, anyone who wants to add me feel free to.

ipitythafool32 ..ps4

Welcome to the fray Guardian! Feel free to add me if you want.

The pressure of killing Crota before Ogres is too much... we just need an effective strategy for the Ogres and then Crota can be finished off easy.

I have some ideas to discuss later

That's what I´m waiting for. Killing Crota before Ogre's will not become the default best strategy in the future.
I'm willing to try the kill Ogres as they spawn strategy tonight.

ipitythafool32 ..ps4

Welcome! Watch where you step for a while tho, nerves are getting to everyone because of hard crota right now. Ppl should cool down by next week.

Skullfort > Saint-14 for Crota. :D

Made it all the way to Crota and didn't get any weapons.

I was catapulted out of my bubble by thralls at the end of the lamps into the pit and after I crossed the bridge, and I mean catapulted. Made me feel really useful to my team. Thralls were the deadliest to me on this raid!

LiK

you'll definitely stand out in PVP. easier to kill, lol

I'm into the glow of Glowhoo.

With Shroud of Flies it looks terrible though. Such an ugly cloak.

I really like the Shroud now. it looks awesome with Thunderdevil. it's dark green

noomi

That's just about the ugliest shader I've seen, but once I get it I'm not taking it off for at least a month. Everyone must know!

Skullfort > Saint-14 for Crota. :D

Made it all the way to Crota and didn't get any weapons.

I was catapulted out of my bubble by thralls at the end of the lamps into the pit and after I crossed the bridge, and I mean catapulted. Made me feel really useful to my team. Thralls were the deadliest to me on this raid!

Macello, when are you around today, and are you planning on running crota with a group already? We might need a 6th again.

E92 M3

That's just about the ugliest shader I've seen, but once I get it I'm not taking it off for at least a month. Everyone must know!

Macello, when are you around today, and are you planning on running crota with a group already? We might need a 6th again.

I can't wear ugly shaders lol. Don't care if people know I beat him or not, it's only important to myself. Eventually, everyone will have it anyway. I remember the early days of chatter white lol.

Always choose aesthetics about what I like; that is my policy.

yep, any strategy that says to use Ballerhorns is useless for most players who never got the drop.

I called this the other day. Instead of nerfing the horn, they've built an encounter that is challenging for horn holders and cripples those without (or those that prefer to use a different exotic). At this point it should be nerfed, along with the encounter.

Edit: btw, bubble bro's can easily solo the lamps without the ghorn.

E92 M3

I called this the other day. Instead of nerfing the horn, they've built an encounter that is challenging for horn holders and cripples those without (or those that prefer to use a different exotic). At this point it should be nerfed, along with the encounter.

If they nerf the horn and keep the encounter as is, good fucking luck. lol

LiK

I can't wear ugly shaders lol. Don't care if people know I beat him or not, it's only important to myself. Eventually, everyone will have it anyway. I remember the early days of chatter white lol.

Always choose aesthetics about what I like; that is my policy.

Chatterwhite looked pretty good especially on Warlocks, imo. I'm still disappointed in the CE shaders.

Deku Tree

I'm going to go play in traffic. It was nice knowing you DGAF. GG everyone.

Anyone hear from Boguester since this post yesterday? I hope he is OK and I hope this was sarcasm and/or temporary rage... I hope you are doing fine (maybe a bit frustrated and bruised but OK) where-ever you are now Boguester.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You know what? HM is not really that difficult. Was one hit away from killing Crota ;_;

Oh and Ogres are definitely not a problem anymore :)

Dunlop

You're welcome! This is the cheapest way to do it in terms of marks and shards.

You could also do it by straight up buying all your gear. Helmets are 120 Marks, Chest, Gauntlets and Boots are 75 each. To reach 31 you'd need to max them all out. Not worth it in my opinion.

By purchasing an Exotic helm you get to skip the most expensive marks purchase. Helms are also the rarest raid drop so most level 32 builds use an Exotic helm.

The Eris quest will give you gauntlets, so no need to buy those. 75 Marks saved. Finally, boots don't require a commendation to purchase.

This setup costs 13 Strange Coins and 75 Marks, that's it.

ExoticHelm: 36 Light
Eris Gauntlets: 33 Light
Vendor Boots: 33 Light

That leaves you 18 Light away from level 30. Even a blue will do it, or any old Legendary you have laying around. Then you start playing Crota's End and slowly replacing your stuff with Raid drops. If you get lucky your first raid drop will be a chest, which starts at 30 Light. With the aforementioned setup, adding a 30 Light chest would take you to level 31 even before upgrading it :)

I have logged in a while so am not sure how many marks I have, I remember spending a lot to buy my kid's Titan weapons from the vendor...then ended up liking his titan more than my Warlock lol.

I have a couple of legendary weapons but this was before having to have Xur level them up, so I will need to research that

Cruxist

You guys, in all the madness of the hard mode raid yesterday (which, btw, I'm still cruising off of the high from), I forgot to tell you.

We ran a normal mode on non-32 alts before the big run, and The Hawkmoon finally dropped!

Hey Noomi, just in case you are still looking for a 6th (swordrunner or not) by the time your group is starting, feel free to pass me an invite! You did Crota before with my crew, so you should be on my list.

Top Bottom