• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Ourobolus

Banned
Got my shards, got my mats, time to hit 32 baybee

"Plasteel Plating 2/25"

hBzFjTz.gif

I'll be right with you with my Warlock. I should get enough shards this week to hit 32 on him, but I'm sitting at like 8 Hadronic Essences with my gauntlets which are maxed but haven't been levelled up. :(

E92 M3

Of course, that would be the point. Let everyone have a shot at an enjoyable encounter.

Holy shit, my kid just punched the sword bearer at the bridge to death. Got into a saint-14 bubble with him.

Yeah, I understand. Gjallarhorn and Hard Crota are inexorably linked now, unfortunately.

dB Viper

After getting terriBAD drops from normal mode (no weapons, just shards... literally... ) last night's runs generated the AR, Pulse Rifle, Red Death, Plan C and Helm

Also - best feeling ever going into the tower, with your LFG random group that beat Crota, and dancing in the center. Had about 10 people looking at us with our shaders lol

That's just about the ugliest shader I've seen, but once I get it I'm not taking it off for at least a month. Everyone must know!

Macello, when are you around today, and are you planning on running crota with a group already? We might need a 6th again.
I'll be home around 4:30. I want any of the raid primaries so damn bad.

Anyone hear from Boguester since this post yesterday? I hope he is OK and I hope this was sarcasm and/or temporary rage... I hope you are doing fine (maybe a bit frustrated and bruised but OK) where-ever you are now Boguester.

Thanks for asking Deku, you are a kind soul. Good timing too since I just got back online/in thread now.

Definitely sarcasm but as someone with close friends who have taken their own lives I really shouldn't "joke" about something like that, no matter the (admittedly extreme) frustration level. I just put too much hope into HM CE being... something?.... more than it was. I was really bummed out that we played like shit but also that the pervasive lag and disappearing sword glitches fucked up every run we didn't fuck up ourselves.

I sincerely love this community, and I want to love this game but it doesn't love me back. In fact it pretty clearly hates me and is too afraid of its player base to treat us with respect. I'm afraid it's going to die out if Bungie doesn't take player input more seriously and then I'll lose this tremendous community which would be much more depressing than losing this game.

noomi

Hey Noomi, just in case you are still looking for a 6th (swordrunner or not) by the time your group is starting, feel free to pass me an invite! You did Crota before with my crew, so you should be on my list.

Hey man, absolutely. You're group was the reason I started and learned how to do the sword haha. Thanks for that!

We are starting a group a bit later in the evening 4PM EST (about 6 and a half hours from now). If we need any more people I will definitely shoot you an invite :)

lt519

Whelp made it to Crota with two groups yesterday with no cheese but couldn't seal the deal. Thrall part was hardest with those knights practically one-shotting you. Bridge was cake we did it both times on first try legit with 4 making it over and 2 surviving the battle with the ogres. Deathsinger first try both times.

But shit, Crota man, that requires perfection to do it before the ogres show up. You can get back out to the middle ledge to fight the ogres but by the time you get the sword again Crota moves.

Got the auto rifle, pulse rifle, titan mark, and hunter cloak though.

Ourobolus

Banned
Hop on that Roc Train.

After I get off work it's gonna be Destiny all night. Should be starting around 4PM EST.
Gotta do the first three parts of the raid with my Titan, and then hopefully I'll have the shards to get my Warlock to 32 - if not, I'll run a Normal.

Also have to do all 3 Nightfalls and Weeklies.

Then, and only then, can I get on the damn ROC train. :(

LiK

Thanks for asking Deku, you are a kind soul. Good timing too since I just got back online/in thread now.

Definitely sarcasm but as someone with close friends who have taken their own lives I really shouldn't "joke" about something like that, no matter the (admittedly extreme) frustration level. I just put too much hope into HM CE being... something?.... more than it was. I was really bummed out that we played like shit but also that the pervasive lag and disappearing sword glitches fucked up every run we didn't fuck up ourselves.

I sincerely love this community, and I want to love this game but it doesn't love me back. In fact it pretty clearly hates me and is too afraid of its player base to treat us with respect. I'm afraid it's going to die out if Bungie doesn't take player input more seriously and then I'll lose this tremendous community which would be much more depressing than losing this game.

we also had the sword disappear on us. it's stupid.

I'll be right with you with my Warlock. I should get enough shards this week to hit 32 on him, but I'm sitting at like 8 Hadronic Essences with my gauntlets which are maxed but haven't been levelled up. :(

Hang out on Venus to the left of where you spawn on Patrol and just spend a couple of hours farming blue orbs from the Fallen that spawn every 30 seconds.

How do you make him run back, or do you kill beforehand? Also, if you make him run back, how does the positioning work?

The gatekeeper is always in that room or near it. One guy has to lure him deep inside and blind him before the ogres come. You still need to keep an eye on him, it's a risky strat but at least the ogres go down pretty quick and usually without taking a hit.

Blinding bubbles in the below room to contain the gatekeeper while you take down Ogres as usual.

That does not sound like a good idea. I want to see it tho.

No that takes way too much time. You can annihilate them with Lima's strat. But you need a striker titan.

I dont like how everything is this encounter is like you need a titan defender/striker.

There has got to be a way for warlocks/hunters to do it to.

Can any of you stream the fight so I see how the spawn looks like?

Ourobolus

Banned
Hang out on Venus to the left of where you spawn on Patrol and just spend a couple of hours farming blue orbs from the Fallen that spawn every 30 seconds.

Eh, I like the ROC train, as there's constant enemies and a chance for stuff at the end of the strike.

Cruxist

The gatekeeper is always in that room or near it. One guy has to lure him deep inside and blind him before the ogres come. You still need to keep an eye on him, it's a risky strat but at least the ogres go down pretty quick and usually without taking a hit.

We didn't engage the gatekeeper at all. In fact, the majority of time on our fight was spent looking for the ogres. One wandered into the center and we didn't realize. Looked for him for like 3 minutes.

Deku Tree

Good to hear! Yup the Crota HM encounter seems fairly cheap right now. It is frustrating that Bunige prioritized fixing the cheese but not the Bugs especially for players that choose not to cheese.

Lnkn52

Hi fellow guardians. This is my first post as a new member of GAF. I've lurked the threads before and have raided with fellow GAF members as well. I'm so happy that I can officially make a post and add myself to these groups that you guys/gals form. Crota HM is still a pain in the butt.

lt519

I played ROC for about an hour and managed to amass only 20

Is that really the best way to go about it? I need around 100 plasteels

It's a pain, but glimmer farm and buy green helms for 340 glimmer and break them down for one plasteel. I got stuck in the same position, I now save every single engram I get with my hunter and put it in the vault so my warlock and titan can decode them when I'm short on mats.

lt519

Hi fellow guardians. This is my first post as a new member of GAF. I've lurked the threads before and have raided with fellow GAF members as well. I'm so happy that I can officially make a post and add myself to these groups that you guys/gals form. Crota HM is still a pain in the butt.

Welcome! Yeah he sucks. We're gonna take some more cracks at him tonight, I have two checkpoints.

My three titans say: Saint 14 and bubbles all day, all night

The thing that kills me is I have an unleveled Saint 14 and I just got the raid chest armor last night. But I just got enough shards to get to 32 if I want w/o the Saint 14 or I can wait and level the Saint 14...seems like a no brainer but my team needs any 32 titan.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I dont like how everything is this encounter is like you need a titan defender/striker.

There has got to be a way for warlocks/hunters to do it to.

Can any of you stream the fight so I see how the spawn looks like?
You blind the right ogre with a flashbang grenade and unload rockets on him. Snipe the other from that room. That's it.

The Ogres are not hard to deal with, lots of strats work. You can stay by the crystal to pull them down into the center, then when Crota goes middle go outside and put up some blinding WoL bubbles by the sides to prevent thrall creeping up behind you and dump some GHorns onto their faces.

Nothing is hard about HM Crota fight: it's just a tedious bore. Especially once you get the hand cannon and/or scout rifle, just fight Crota on normal for exotic/helmet chances and wait until HoW raises the level cap and makes the fight completely trivial again. There are easy ways to completely avoid every "new mechanic" in HM Crota fight:

(1) Don't ever kill both tower knights on one side (except during Ogre phase if you want) so that the wizard never spawns. Kill one knight, then wait for the second one to respawn and kill another. You can kill them right when the sword approaches then deal with the wizard but you can also just stagger them so they aren't shooting the sword.

(2) Use a blind bubble or just stay up top to avoid the GKeeper. Stand on the ledge in front of the window for Tower Knight and Shield Break teams.

(3) Titans who pop a bubble will regen their health. Warlocks with Apotheosis Veil, Hunters w/ BDancer health regen, use Red Death or Suros, armor with Infusion to regen health from Orbs, etc. etc. Lots of easy ways to regen health w/o chalice.

(4) Play a better game.

Steroyd

Yeah, the real test is if House of Wolves pulls the same shit Destiny is going to die before the expansion after.

Iraw is up for another attempt later and I've got some insight into generating orbs to use the super on Crota, I want to not only get this done but I want to trivialise this fight so there's room for error.

The Ogres are not hard to deal with, lots of strats work. You can stay by the crystal to pull them down into the center, then when Crota goes middle go outside and put up some blinding WoL bubbles by the sides to prevent thrall creeping up behind you and dump some GHorns onto their faces.

Nothing is hard about HM Crota fight: it's just a tedious bore. Especially once you get the hand cannon and/or scout rifle, just fight Crota on normal for exotic/helmet chances and wait until HoW raises the level cap and makes the fight completely trivial again. There are easy ways to completely avoid every "new mechanic" in HM Crota fight:

(1) Don't ever kill both tower knights on one side (except during Ogre phase if you want) so that the wizard never spawns. Kill one knight, then wait for the second one to respawn and kill another. You can kill them right when the sword approaches then deal with the wizard but you can also just stagger them so they aren't shooting the sword.

(2) Use a blind bubble or just stay up top to avoid the GKeeper. Stand on the ledge in front of the window for Tower Knight and Shield Break teams.

(3) Titans who pop a bubble will regen their health. Warlocks with Apotheosis Veil, Hunters w/ BDancer health regen, use Red Death or Suros, armor with Infusion to regen health from Orbs, etc. etc. Lots of easy ways to regen health w/o chalice.

(4) Play a better game.

Nice writeup. Excited for you to carry us :)

Yeah, the real test is if House of Wolves pulls the same shit Destiny is going to die before the expansion after.

Iraw is up for another attempt later and I've got some insight into generating orbs to use the super on Crota, I want to not only get this done but I want to trivialise this fight so there's room for error.

Are you guys doing HM later on today? If there is a spot open I would love to join if possible

Hey man, absolutely. You're group was the reason I started and learned how to do the sword haha. Thanks for that!

We are starting a group a bit later in the evening 4PM EST (about 6 and a half hours from now). If we need any more people I will definitely shoot you an invite :)
Sons of Mithras creating pro swordrunners left and right huh, ha! Was good running it with you back then indeed.

Ah crap, that's gonna be 10PM where I'm at, dunno if my mental state can bear another late night Crota run haha. If tonight ends up not working, then maybe catch you on Friday/weekend!

Yeah, not many people are going to still give a shit about Destiny by the time Comet drops if HoW is anywhere near as bad as TDB.

I'll be around today, just send a PM or PSN message if you guys have a time to get back together and bust it out. I still want to finish him off once or twice just to be done with it but I have little to no motivation to waste more time on that fight until HoW drops.

Ambitious

If they pull the same shit with HoW, the game deserves to go down and take the entire 10 year plan with it.

Top Bottom