• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

lt519

The second group I went with yesterday had zero clue how to do the bridge section and were all level 32. Shows how broke the game was (and probably still is). Raids are still the best co-op experience I've ever had though.

Cruxist

An idea regarding the Crux of Crota.

Did anybody beat Crota with an embalming orb in their inventory? Both the orb and the Crux have the same picture for the mat, just one is exotic and the other is legendary. Just spitballing since there's no confirmed drops yet.

Deku Tree

(4) Play a better game.

This was really a key point of Hawkians long post earlier. If people really want Destiny to change substantially the only way to force that to happen is to really stop playing. Watch a huge reduction in the hours played player analytics, and people stop buying the DLC. Complaining and continuing to play is not sending the message to Bungie to substantially change the games mechanics.

Did anybody beat Crota with an embalming orb in their inventory? Both the orb and the Crux have the same picture for the mat, just one is exotic and the other is legendary. Just spitballing since there's no confirmed drops yet.

Similarly, has anyone beat Crota with an Eidolon Ally equipped?

Yeah, not many people are going to still give a shit about Destiny by the time Comet drops if HoW is anywhere near as bad as TDB.

I'll be around today, just send a PM or PSN message if you guys have a time to get back together and bust it out. I still want to finish him off once or twice just to be done with it but I have little to no motivation to waste more time on that fight until HoW drops.

dont give up man, one bad day thats all. you had a solid group and were just tired and bored. your more than competant. besides. were all counting on you to show the rest of us the way lol

youll get it today and your outlook will change dramatically. especailly after you will be the 1st person on GAF to snag that Crux. I know it

lt519

This was really a key point of Hawkians long post earlier. If people really want Destiny to change substantially the only way to force that to happen is to really stop playing. Watch a huge reduction in the hours played player analytics, and people stop buying the DLC. Complaining and continuing to play is not sending the message to Bungie to substantially change the games mechanics.

I think the mechanics are wonderful, the way the three classes can play off each other and can have vastly different roles. Weapon and armor attributes are getting more fun with status effects. It's just the level and mission design is absolute garbage when you consider all the bugs and artificial difficulty that pigeon hole you into one strategy.

lunlunqq

If they pull the same shit with HoW, the game deserves to go down and take the entire 10 year plan with it.

Exactly. I'm still in the process of re-leveling all of my exotics. If HoW will make me do this again, I'm not sure if I can stand it. Maybe just re-do the last 3 bubbles, but definitely not from scratch again.

LiK

Yeah, not many people are going to still give a shit about Destiny by the time Comet drops if HoW is anywhere near as bad as TDB.

I'll be around today, just send a PM or PSN message if you guys have a time to get back together and bust it out. I still want to finish him off once or twice just to be done with it but I have little to no motivation to waste more time on that fight until HoW drops.

the pool gets smaller with every expansion. been getting harder to join a group cuz everyone is full in my list.

Ambitious

Similarly, has anyone beat Crota with an Eidolon Ally equipped?

I see no reason to assume either of this would make any difference. It's very likely RNG, with addition of a rule which prevents it to drop on the first HM completion.

You blind the right ogre with a flashbang grenade and unload rockets on him. Snipe the other from that room. That's it.

So Lima's strategy?

Yeah, the real test is if House of Wolves pulls the same shit Destiny is going to die before the expansion after.

Iraw is up for another attempt later and I've got some insight into generating orbs to use the super on Crota, I want to not only get this done but I want to trivialise this fight so there's room for error.

Not sure this will ever happen due to Oversoul + Panic Enrage.

KeRaSh

The Ogres are not hard to deal with, lots of strats work. You can stay by the crystal to pull them down into the center, then when Crota goes middle go outside and put up some blinding WoL bubbles by the sides to prevent thrall creeping up behind you and dump some GHorns onto their faces.

Nothing is hard about HM Crota fight: it's just a tedious bore. Especially once you get the hand cannon and/or scout rifle, just fight Crota on normal for exotic/helmet chances and wait until HoW raises the level cap and makes the fight completely trivial again. There are easy ways to completely avoid every "new mechanic" in HM Crota fight:

(1) Don't ever kill both tower knights on one side (except during Ogre phase if you want) so that the wizard never spawns. Kill one knight, then wait for the second one to respawn and kill another. You can kill them right when the sword approaches then deal with the wizard but you can also just stagger them so they aren't shooting the sword.

(2) Use a blind bubble or just stay up top to avoid the GKeeper. Stand on the ledge in front of the window for Tower Knight and Shield Break teams.

(3) Titans who pop a bubble will regen their health. Warlocks with Apotheosis Veil, Hunters w/ BDancer health regen, use Red Death or Suros, armor with Infusion to regen health from Orbs, etc. etc. Lots of easy ways to regen health w/o chalice.

(4) Play a better game.

Funny how all the strats involve GHorns...

ocean

Banned
I want that Auto Rifle. I hope some Heroic CE runs begin tonight, I'd love to play it up until the bridge.

I'm thinking - when you're walking towards the light during Lamps, is it safe in Heroic? Across the bridge I mean. It'd be a nice place to swap out to lower level alts to get the extra loot on 31 alts.

got robbed of my 2 energies
http://youtu.be/5Y-QvSSMB2k

The game cheeses you now!

Meh it just seems like the majority of us are wore out at this point. I still want to beat crota just to beat it. Due to the leveling scaling, the one massive important weapon is gjallarhorn. That is a very poor design honestly. I have yet to see a team beat HM Crota without atleast 3 gjallarhorns. But after that all this shitty systems and designs, I will be taking a break from Destiny. Depending on what kind of stunts Bungie does, that will determine if I will return for HoW.

E92 M3

The gatekeeper is always in that room or near it. One guy has to lure him deep inside and blind him before the ogres come. You still need to keep an eye on him, it's a risky strat but at least the ogres go down pretty quick and usually without taking a hit.

One bubble cycle enough to kill ogres?

Ghorn is a MUST for this raid. No other option.

noomi

I'll be home around 4:30. I want any of the raid primaries so damn bad.

Cool, we'll be around. I'll let you know

Sons of Mithras creating pro swordrunners left and right huh, ha! Was good running it with you back then indeed.

Ah crap, that's gonna be 10PM where I'm at, dunno if my mental state can bear another late night Crota run haha. If tonight ends up not working, then maybe catch you on Friday/weekend!

No worries bud, next time then ;) I'll be online most of Saturday anyway since it's supposed to be a snow day here hehe.

Shito

It's not like everyone saw this coming already.
They have a big problem on their hand with this weapon. Before Crota HM, they used it as a way to keep a pool of players playing the game, in the hope of finally getting one. They could maintain the status quo by just waiting and monitoring their player base to make sure no large group was starting to quit because of this.
But now that they released a mode that more or less "requires" it, they will finally have to deal with the situation. It's either they nerf it AND they nerf the Crota HM, or they make it available via Xur.
Then again, this is Bungie we are talking about, so they'll probably have no clue about all this until at least a few weeks... *sigh*

lt519

It's not like everyone saw this coming already.
They have a big problem on their hand with this weapon. Before Crota HM, they used it as a way to keep a pool of players playing the game, in the hope of finally getting one. They could maintain the status quo by just waiting and monitoring their player base to make sure no large group was starting to quit because of this.
But now that they released a mode that more or less "requires" it, they will finally have to deal with the situation. It's either they nerf it AND they nerf the Crota HM, or they make it available via Xur.
Then again, this is Bungie we are talking about, so they'll probably have no clue about all this until at least a few weeks... *sigh*

It is a major problem. We have a lot on our team so we're not hurting but basically our titan with ruin wings is our savior. He just runs around rocketing everything in sight and if he gets in trouble everyone else just pulls one out and takes down whatever is being annoying. It actually makes the entire game trivial besides the HM raid.

moris

Trying to put a group together for a fresh hard or normal CE raid at 2PM EST. We can start with hm Crota kill if that's the group's consensus. 4 spots available.

Sounds like you've got the hard raid blues, Boguester!

lol yeah pretty blue right now I guess. We just had the worst combination of crazy lag, disconnections, glitches and fuck ups yesterday. Of the countless design flaws in Crota, they managed to make even reasonable amounts of lag potentially game breaking since the timing is so tight and we're forced to be under leveled. That type of lag is unavoidable when playing a game online, especially with people literally all around the world. Atheon had lag too but it was easy to plan around. Overkill on the Minotaur in the right portal, kill the Oracles ASAP so they don't wipe you even after exploding (Thanks Oversoul!), do another portal run even if Atheon should have died but regen'ed his health, etc.

But when Crota is standing up for some people but kneeling for others, or killing the sword runner even though he's kneeling on everyone else's screen, enemies are teleporting across the screen... And of course we were getting super lag where I would precision kill an Acolyte, watch him explode w/ Firefly... and then REAPPEAR with most of his health... I can't take it seriously or enjoy it. It's why I never enjoy PvP comapred to PvE because postmortem melee kills and 2-3 second delayed hit markers compromise any sense of real competition.

Blah. I hate to be so "whiny" (favorite word in these OTs it seems) but I just need some time away from this game, which makes me sad.

LiK

lol yeah pretty blue right now I guess. We just had the worst combination of crazy lag, disconnections, glitches and fuck ups yesterday. Of the countless design flaws in Crota, they managed to make even reasonable amounts of lag potentially game breaking since the timing is so tight and we're forced to be under leveled. That type of lag is unavoidable when playing a game online, especially with people literally all around the world. Atheon had lag too but it was easy to plan around. Overkill on the Minotaur in the right portal, kill the Oracles ASAP so they don't wipe you even after exploding (Thanks Oversoul!), do another portal run even if Atheon should have died but regen'ed his health, etc.

But when Crota is standing up for some people but kneeling for others, or killing the sword runner even though he's kneeling on everyone else's screen, enemies are teleporting across the screen... And of course we were getting super lag where I would precision kill an Acolyte, watch him explode w/ Firefly... and then REAPPEAR with most of his health... I can't take it seriously or enjoy it. It's why I never enjoy PvP comapred to PvE because postmortem melee kills and 2-3 second delayed hit markers compromise any sense of real competition.

Blah. I hate to be so "whiny" (favorite word in these OTs it seems) but I just need some time away from this game, which makes me sad.

VoG flawless glitches all over again man

Are you guys doing HM later on today? If there is a spot open I would love to join if possible
I want to believe we are giving it another go
we will kill him this time
. I wont be able to get online until ~4 pm EST. No idea about everyone else and who can or can not make it, besides Drizzay and possibly steroyd.

noomi

Nah dude, not even whiny, I'm the same way and I'm still feeling pretty salty about last night as well. It gets very upsetting when you know you have a great team and even everyone's best efforts sometimes can't make it happen.

If your anything like me, you need to hop out for a bit, recharge those batteries and come back smarter, stronger, more confidant, and ready to take that bitch down.

Today's another day bud :)

LiK

I want to believe we are giving it another go
we will kill him this time
. I wont be able to get online until ~4 pm EST. No idea about everyone else and who can or can not make it, besides Drizzay and possibly steroyd.

if you need one, i'll hop in with my Hunter. still need helm for her.

Don't worry, you guys will get him now that everyones refreshed and ready. :)

Good luck on your next try.

Very true. Sad but true.

dont give up man, one bad day thats all. you had a solid group and were just tired and bored. your more than competant. besides. were all counting on you to show the rest of us the way lol

youll get it today and your outlook will change dramatically. especailly after you will be the 1st person on GAF to snag that Crux. I know it

haha thanks man. Sorry you had to come in at the end when we were all pissed off and bored.

Unfortunately my mood isn't related to killing or not killing Crota. I hated CE within a few days of it's release, even when I was talking about doing 2 sword kills as a Lv31. I stupidly put hope into HM for salvaging something of value from it but my disappointment stems from its design, not my (or my team's) performance or lack thereof.

I just can't believe the same team that made VoG made this mess.

edit: top of the page again! Maximum visibility for maximum whining !!!!

EL CUCO

Within 3 runs we had the sword respawn or unable to pick up twice. Fuck
Happened to me a couple times yesterday. I've Had to come to a full stop to pick up sword...and even then there's a delay.

That problem has always been around, there's just alot less margin for error with no chalice and being underleveled.

I don't remember the Relic pick up being so inconsistent for VoG...

Steroyd

I'll be able to dedicate 100% in 2 hours time, and Iraw said he won't be available for another 3 I think, we'll work from there.

Not sure this will ever happen due to Oversoul + Panic Enrage.

Someone already counted that it took 18 R2's to kill Crota and 15 is when he auto enrages, just need to get that super up on the last stretch.

CLBridges

Oversoul Edict=Praedyth's Timepiece 331. The stats are nearly identical, impact the same, don't care about full auto on pulse rifle.

Arc on a primary is good, but pulse rifle's are pretty much getting to the point of useless atm (not counting exotics). Ehh, I'll keep using it and see if it grows on me.

LiK

Crota didn't kneel at all for us sometimes. It fucked up figs since she was sword master. Also ruined the timing of when to shoot him. Dunno if this is a new bug or working as intended.

I'll be able to dedicate 100% in 2 hours time, and Iraw said he won't be available for another 3 I think, we'll work from there.

Someone already counted that it took 18 R2's to kill Crota and 15 is when he auto enrages, just need to get that super up on the last stretch.

I wont be available for another 5 and a half hours or 4 pm EST. And next day I am available is Saturday :/

Thanks for responses guys. As always, I <3 DGAF.

Crota didn't kneel at all for us sometimes. It fucked up figs since she was sword master. Also ruined the timing of when to shoot him. Dunno if this is a new bug or working as intended.

Yeah, seems to be worse since they patched the ethernet disconnect not-cheese cheese. Imagine that, an anti-cheese patch fucking up legitimate players! Who could imagine such a thing !!!

Oversoul Edict=Praedyth's Timepiece 331. The stats are nearly identical, impact the same, don't care about full auto on pulse rifle.

Arc on a primary is good, but pulse rifle's are pretty much getting to the point of useless atm (not counting exotics). Ehh, I'll keep using it and see if it grows on me.

But it can shoot through Knight shields!!! Wow! Since it was so hard to wait for their shield to go away and snipe their stupid heads again.

Top Bottom