• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Out 1

VoG is a better design. Crota HM is "hard" due to the glitches, bugs aka sword disappearing--> Almost a guaranteed autowipe, terrible lag people have been encountering, being forced to be under level,and more bullet sponges adds, "anti cheese" tactics such as the gatekeeper that will 1 shot you.

This is exactly what I got from watching streams. Atheon HM was bugged, but at least wasn't that tedious and let you regen your health.

Well, thankfully my warlock has the raid helm with infusion, so the health issue shouldn't be that bad. Titan should be fine too. Planning to run HM Crota until the Word drops.

Dave_6

Took a break from this game (and this thread) last night and it felt good. Couldn't get anyone to respond to my 2x NF/Weekly request anyways so no need to play it. I'm playing this shit way too much as is so I may continue to take a break for a few days.

E92 M3

Disorient always seems to happen within one magazine.
Not sure, most times the wizard goes down very quickly after being disoriented. Havent tested with multiple abyss defiants yet.

Thanks for the input. Wizards are a huge pain in the ass, confusing them is a very significant ability.

This morning, I said to myself that I'd like to give this game a break with all these failed attempts with Crota. Even the group I joined late last night to take down Aethon HM struggled to take it down.

But of course, I finally get an account with GAF. I'll give Crota a break for now.
My main goal is to find a Gjallarhorn, since it's necessary in any raid.

Not any raid, it just looks like HM CE final boss right now.

From watching the streams yesterday, I'd say that at least 3 out of 6 should have the horn.

Edit: also, welcome to gaf!

DNAbro

I kind of feel like I don't really want to play Destiny anymore if the hard mode raid is what I have to look forward to. I'll probably be back for House of Wolves but I feel like Bungie has no idea what to do with this game and it shows.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You will never find a group for HM raid using LFG if you don't have a Ghorn. That's why I love DGAF so much. It's an amazing community.

jaaz

Surprisingly the best primary of the bunch. I know sounds crazy. Totally caught me off guard. Great weapon.

This is excellent to hear. I got it yesterday and unlocked hip fire/focused fire perk (which is GREAT to be able to choose between the two), but not yet the wizard disorientation perk. I thought it had potential the minute I used it.

The focused fire seems faster than Suros' focused fire by the way. Certainly doesn't feel anywhere near like an auto SR.

Deku Tree

Soooo is Bungie ever going to stream themselves playing Heroic Crota..? The closest I ever saw was Deej playing normal VoG with Datto.

I'd LOOOVE to see it and I'll put my money on that they can't beat it.

DrCrispy can solo HM Crota Lolz.

Gjallarhorn is not necessary. I was using HoC in its place to have Suros on for the health thing which was working surprisingly.

Got 3 loot drops from Crota every week since launch and still no HoC for me. :(

D_psipher

Reading all these issues with the hard raid, is there any point goign in as a 31? I've not played much Destiny over the last couple of months and I still need around 40 shards to hit 32.

Also: I just got a wireless 2.0 headset, is anyone here using one? Read conflicting reports about the mic quality. I think Boguester uses one and his mic always sounds perfectly clear to me.

I am having the same issue with my Sony Gold Headset. My friends say they can barely hear me. Did does anyone have or know of a solution to this?

Waldini

Black Hammer Hive Disruptor perk still gone. Shat my pants trying to solo the Abyss. That damn Ogre hurts. I have no Horn so doing as much damage as I could. Managed to grab the Oversoul Eddict. Bridge section gave me 5 Shards.

Such a lazy designed Hard Mode. Slap a wizard here, make enemies 33... Ogre there aaaaaand, DONE!

This took 1,5 months? Come on Bungie. This shit is ridiculous.

- make enemies 32
- keep the Wizards
- let Crota move around more
- when in contact with Crota, give Weight of Darkness
- can only be removed when the group stands near the Crystal
- give warning when enrage is near

... I could go on.

PuMa

I am having the same issue with my Sony Gold Headset. My friends say they can barely hear me. Did does anyone have or know of a solution to this?

Did you check your mic sensitivity in settings? I have the Sony Gold headset and have never had issues with the mic.

yLEFTy

Me too! Except I'm at 2 abyss, 2 bridges, 2 deathsingers... 0 weapons (outside of a universal remote drop at deathsinger)

ALL shards and energy.

One run, EVERY SINGLE PERSON got the AR at the bridge but me lol

Hah that is exactly what happened to me. Someone in the group joked that everyone would get the auto rifle. Sure enough everyone but me got one. Its alright though my day will come

Me too! Except I'm at 2 abyss, 2 bridges, 2 deathsingers... 0 weapons (outside of a universal remote drop at deathsinger)

ALL shards and energy.

One run, EVERY SINGLE PERSON got the AR at the bridge but me lol

Ouch. I hope to find a crew to at least get through DS this afternoon now that my titan is a 32 and hasn't gone though on normal this week.

Heck, I think I could two man the bridge with a warlock to self res and snipe.

This is exactly what I got from watching streams. Atheon HM was bugged, but at least wasn't that tedious and let you regen your health.

Well, thankfully my warlock has the raid helm with infusion, so the health issue shouldn't be that bad. Titan should be fine too. Planning to run HM Crota until the Word drops.
Yeah in addition to the tight timing which is a result of being forced under level, everything has to be perform "perfect". By perfect, I do not mean the players them self, but the glitches, bugs and lag. Those are MAIN issues. Everyone messes up, thats cool. However if you're one sword away from killing crota, and that sword disappears, those are the things that makes this frustrating.

Ourobolus

Banned
Does the Abyss latern part in HM drop weapons?

Yeah, I got the pulse rifle from there.
Black Hammer Hive Disruptor perk still gone. Shat my pants trying to solo the Abyss. That damn Ogre hurts. I have no Horn so doing as much damage as I could. Managed to grab the Oversoul Eddict. Bridge section gave me 5 Shards.

Such a lazy designed Hard Mode. Slap a wizard here, make enemies 33... Ogre there aaaaaand, DONE!

This took 1,5 months? Come on Bungie. This shit is ridiculous.

- make enemies 32
- keep the Wizards
- let Crota move around more
- when in contact with Crota, give Weight of Darkness
- can only be removed when the group stands near the Crystal
- give warning when enrage is near

... I could go on.

Not only that, I really can't believe they didn't use Vestiges at all. They used them once, and you'd think that would be a simple mechanic to add - you need to kill wizards floating around Crota or they'd start dropping them everywhere.

noomi

I'm going to try mixing two of the best strats IMO and see how it works...The invisibro + bubble strat

- team stands at middle, next to glass
- down swordbitch
- titan & hunter make a run for crota
- hunter calls out dps and runs up to do 3/4 R2 smashes (depending on timing), titan drops bubble
- hunter runs back through bubble, grabs orbs, waits on rock for a few seconds for team to dps again
- hunter runs for crota does R2+special, blink strike to invis and wait next to crota
- team does dps on crota
- hunter does R2 smash 1/2 depending on timing

Rinse & Repeat = Win?

Should be down before orges show up....

E92 M3

Yeah in addition to the tight timing which is a result of being forced under level, everything has to be perform "perfect". By perfect, I do not mean the players them self, but the glitches, bugs and lag. Those are MAIN issues. Everyone messes up, thats cool. However if you're one sword away from killing crota, and that sword disappears, those are the things that makes this frustrating.

Yes, the moon and stars have to align for the Crota kill to happen. Nothing is more frustrating than dealing with elements that can't be controlled.

2real4tv

Two of us did the first part of crota hm(after about ten wipes) as we were crossing bridge someone on my friends list come in at the last minute and gets the raid pulse rifle....nooooo!

Rubenov

Based on all of these, "Gjallarhorn is a must!" from those that have cleared HM, it sounds like Bungie really needs to buff the "extra damage to hive majors" perk on the CE weapons. What is the point of releasing all of these high level weapons with specific raid perks when vanilla non-raid weapons are far more effective during the raid?

I spent 21 Radiant Shards on the Song of Ir Yut Machine Gun yesterday (or whatever it's called) and tried shooting yellow knights with it... it was like shooting an unpgraded Bad Juju at them. Totally useless and wasted my Rad energy.

That cannot be working as intended.

2real4tv

I spent 21 Radiant Shards on the Song of Ir Yut Machine Gun yesterday (or whatever it's called) and tried shooting yellow knights with it... it was like shooting an unpgraded Bad Juju at them. Totally useless and wasted my Rad energy.

Give disruptor or my @ss

Let me get this straight: even after the Crota HM release, the Templar still reigns as the only fairly interesting heroic encounter in the game?

Boguester's Raid Encounter Ranking

1.) VoG: Atheon- 10/10 (by a hair)
2.) VoG: Templar- 10/10
3.) VoG: Gate Keepers- 9.5/10
4.) VoG: Gorgons + Jumping- 8.5/10
5.) CE: Bridge- 8.5/10
6.) VoG: Oracles- 8/10
7.) CE: Darkness pit- 8/10
8.) VoG: Front door- 8/10
9.) VoG: Confluxes- 7/10
10.) CE: Shrieker hallway- 5/10
11.) CE: Death Singer- 2/10
12.) CE: Initial drop- 1/10 (Cool enough, but no gameplay and can stupidly stall flawless runs)

-Hit in crotch by football: 0/10
-Stubbing your toe: 0/10
-Doing your taxes: 0/10

13.) CE: Crota- negative one million/10

It's a high RoF, lower impact weapon which basically means it sucks. Very true about needing to buff the CE weapon Hive perks. (edit: but at least rad mats have become ass mats this week w/ double HM drops).

Tapiozona

Banned
Has anyone managed to get the Crux to upgrade the husk to an exotic weapon? Based off the weapons I saw people getting on streams last night, there is no end-all weapon like the Vex Mythoclast was. I wonder if the upgraded Husk is that end-all weapon.

I fully upgraded that too during normal CE. It is pretty underwhelming. Foolish me.

Rubenov

I'm going to try mixing two of the best strats IMO and see how it works...The invisibro + bubble strat

- down swordbitch
- hunter calls out dps and runs up to do 3/4 R2 smashes (depending on timing), titan drops bubble
- hunter runs back through bubble, grabs orbs, waits on rock for a few seconds for team to dps again
- hunter runs for crota does R2+special, blink strike to invis and wait next to crota
- team does dps on crota

Rinse & Repeat = Win?

It's having that last go at it when enrage hits... I thikn we did this or something similar yesterday but then sword turned off right at enrage when we neede it just once more.

I'm thinking kill ogres then we should have plenty of time/sword to kill him.

It really is terrible. My 331 Against All Odds is definitely more effective.

Has anyone managed to get the Crux to upgrade the husk to an exotic weapon? Based off the weapons I saw people getting on streams last night, there is no end-all weapon like the Vex Mythoclast was. I wonder if the upgraded Husk is that end-all weapon.

It's supposed to be Vex's equivalent in terms of how specific and rare it is. Remains to be seen if it will match Vex's dominance though.

- down swordbitch
- team does dps on crota

Rinse & Repeat = Win?

That's exactly what we were trying to do last night. Here's what stopped us from succeding:

1) Knight go through the glass on the beginning and fucks everybody up, making that run very hard to complete.

2) Sword disappearing when you down the SB. Happened 3 ou of 20 attempts.

3) Boomers kill swordrunner or Titan when they try to go up crota's plataform for the first time. This happened 4 out of 20 times.

4) Wrong timing. Not getting enough damage on Crota. Made us fight Ogres. We didnt have a good Ogres strategy yet. Happened basically everytime that we didnt get the above.

Top Bottom