• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

rNilla

My favorite part of Hard Crota's End is when I died from the initial fall and had to sit out the first attempt at the laterns. That was cool.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I spent 21 Radiant Shards on the Song of Ir Yut Machine Gun yesterday (or whatever it's called) and tried shooting yellow knights with it... it was like shooting an unpgraded Bad Juju at them. Totally useless and wasted my Rad energy.

That cannot be working as intended.

Well, that's good to know. Is there a HMG that works well on them?

The only problem I have with Hunger of Crota is why the fuck do you only get 6 rockets with it?

My only problem with it is how horrible it is in multiplayer. It has a large blast radius but I was throwing rockets at people's feet and it wasn't registering any damage at all. I don't know if the weapon is glitched or if there's some kind of circumstantial lag when using that weapon because I could get headshots with HCs all night but I recorded several times where I shot HoC at people's feet and nothing happened.

amar212

I find Crot Hard a GREAT hardmode Raid with only ONE issue.

Knights, period.

No problems with Swordbearer below, witches, whatever. Those Knights are simply too high with health and they shoot too much rockets.

Because of them everything is not matter of skill, weaponry, gear or tactis, but only a pure luck.

Even a 20% reducement of their HP would do wonders. Everything else can stay as it is, and it will still be a tremendous challenge for 97,7% of Destiny regular players, or to 99,1% in total.

And yes, those percentages are absolutely accurate.

jaaz

That's exactly what we were trying to do last night. Here's what stopped us from succeding:

1) Knight go through the glass on the beginning and fucks everybody up, making that run very hard to complete.

Haven't have this happen yet, but why not have team stand on top of the ledge above the doorways in the crystal room? These are sword knights, so they won't shoot you. You can just ignore them and kill the acolytes first, then shoot them from up there while they walk around aimlessly.

rNilla

Your team just didn't want to wipe? But I get you, getting fall damage there is stupid

No, which is fine but it's dumb that they'd have to in order to start the beginning of the raid with a full team.

It's also dumb that you can die from Shrieker sperm after reaching the second chest / Deathsinger checkpoint and then be locked out of getting it.

I didn't know you actually could die at that point until then.

Happens all the time on Normal.

noomi

It's having that last go at it when enrage hits... I thikn we did this or something similar yesterday but then sword turned off right at enrage when we neede it just once more.

I'm thinking kill ogres then we should have plenty of time/sword to kill him.

That last sword timing is crucial. I wasn't doing the blink strike after the 2nd sword smash and instead just running for the rock, and I was loosing 2-3 seconds when I could have been at crota smashing him already. I would really like to try this strat today a few times, but I am also completely open to changing things up :)

That's exactly what we were trying to do last night. Here's what stopped us from succeding:

1) Knight go through the glass on the beginning and fucks everybody up, making that run very hard to complete.

2) Sword disappearing when you down the SB. Happened 3 ou of 20 attempts.

3) Boomers kill swordrunner or Titan when they try to go up crota's plataform for the first time. This happened 4 out of 20 times.

4) Wrong timing. Not getting enough damage on Crota. Made us fight Ogres. We didnt have a good Ogres strategy yet. Happened basically everytime that we didnt get the above.

Yup! we were getting all of these as well :/ Sucks!

I spent 21 Radiant Shards on the Song of Ir Yut Machine Gun yesterday (or whatever it's called) and tried shooting yellow knights with it... it was like shooting an unpgraded Bad Juju at them. Totally useless and wasted my Rad energy.

Absolutely NOT useless. Are you using the High Caliber Rounds perk? It was practically the reason I had the quickest Nightfall ever this week.

LiK

I find Crot Hard a GREAT hardmode Raid with only ONE issue.

Knights, period.

No problems with Swordbearer below, witches, whatever. Those Knights are simply too high with health and they shoot too much rockets.

Because of them everything is not matter of skill, weaponry, gear or tactis, but only a pure luck.

Even a 20% reducement of their HP would do wonders. Everything else can stay as it is, and it will still be a tremendous challenge for 97,7% of Destiny regular players, or to 99,1% in total.

And yes, those percentages are absolutely accurate.

yep, Knights are way too OP for being just adds. they seem more tougher than the Swordbearer

Hzoltan69

Oh, you must've gotten that weapon from the Cryptarch! Mine only costs 18 energies to upgrade. :)

LTWood12

8:10 pm Central Time tonight PS4

Attempting to schedule CE Fresh hard run for this evening. We'll do multiple runs of the first two sections at least to try and get people the auto rifle. if we can get the crota strategy down, we'll do it multiple times as well. 32s only please.

1. LTWood12-level 32 Titan (x3)
2. T-44-level 32 Hunter (x3)

let's get it done.

yep, Knights are way too OP for being just adds. they seem more tougher than the Swordbearer

I haven't done it yet, but wouldn't the knights be pretty trivial I'd you could kill then without being punished by having a wizard spawn?

I thought the wizard was the main problem.

Attempting to schedule CE Fresh hard run for this evening. We'll do multiple runs of the first two sections at least to try and get people the auto rifle. if we can get the crota strategy down, we'll do it multiple times as well. 32s only please.

let's get it done.

In how long is this?

Haven't have this happen yet, but why not have team stand on top of the ledge above the doorways in the crystal room? These are sword knights, so they won't shoot you. You can just ignore them and kill the acolytes first, then shoot them from up there while they walk around aimlessly.

Because we were all sitting pretty inside a Blessing bubble for what should be the best strategy to take no damage if the game wasn't bugged to hell and back...

Rubenov

Absolutely NOT useless. Are you using the High Caliber Rounds perk? It was practically the reason I had the quickest Nightfall ever this week.

Yes I do. And try it on those Raid kinghts, you will see what I'm talking about. It's supposed to make the HM more manageable, but it's outclassed by random legendaries.

Edit: Dude, it's an Arc weapon on an ARC NIGHTFALL. Of course it will work then. An Arc Against All Odds or Arc Thunderlord would still outclass it against hive in Arc burns.

R0ckman

I'm sharding the damn thing.

Ourobolus

Banned
Boguester's Raid Encounter Ranking

1.) VoG: Atheon- 10/10 (by a hair)
2.) VoG: Templar- 10/10
3.) VoG: Gate Keepers- 9.5/10
4.) VoG: Gorgons + Jumping- 8.5/10
5.) CE: Bridge- 8.5/10
6.) VoG: Oracles- 8/10
7.) CE: Darkness pit- 8/10
8.) VoG: Front door- 8/10
9.) VoG: Confluxes- 7/10
10.) CE: Shrieker hallway- 5/10
11.) CE: Death Singer- 2/10
12.) CE: Initial drop- 1/10 (Cool enough, but no gameplay and can stupidly stall flawless runs)

-Hit in crotch by football: 0/10
-Stubbing your toe: 0/10
-Doing your taxes: 0/10

13.) CE: Crota- negative one million/10

For the most part I agree with this ranking, but I would differentiate between Normal and Hard Crota. Normal Crota is all kinds of fun, despite some stupid glitches here and there. Hard Crota, sure. Negative one million.

TP-DK

Boguester's Raid Encounter Ranking

1.) VoG: Atheon- 10/10 (by a hair)
2.) VoG: Templar- 10/10
3.) VoG: Gate Keepers- 9.5/10
4.) VoG: Gorgons + Jumping- 8.5/10
5.) CE: Bridge- 8.5/10
6.) VoG: Oracles- 8/10
7.) CE: Darkness pit- 8/10
8.) VoG: Front door- 8/10
9.) VoG: Confluxes- 7/10
10.) CE: Shrieker hallway- 5/10
11.) CE: Death Singer- 2/10
12.) CE: Initial drop- 1/10 (Cool enough, but no gameplay and can stupidly stall flawless runs)

-Hit in crotch by football: 0/10
-Stubbing your toe: 0/10
-Doing your taxes: 0/10

13.) CE: Crota- negative one million/10

The Crota fight really does suck big time doesn't it.

Nice ranking of the encounters. I like VoG gatekeepers more than Templar though, and I would probably give both CE Pit and Bridge encounters a 9/10.
Oh and vog confluxes is a 5-6/10 for me, you're basically just standing still and shooting in the same direction through all three phases.

let's get it done.

Put me down. I should be back at my apartment by that time tonight. PSN: Darryl_M_R, level 32 Hunter (2x)

E92 M3

It just came to me that the ultra boomers feel like they are shooting with Arc Burn. Those bastards can take anyone out in 2 shots, 3 max.

LTWood12

Put me down. I should be back at my apartment by that time tonight. PSN: Darryl_M_R, level 32 Hunter (2x)

Fantastic. Sending you a FR.

3. Darryl_M_R-32 Hunter (x2)

Dazzler

So I got the Mythoclast in VoG this week and it maxes out at 323 damage, wtf?

Can I rexurbish it up to 331? or is it stuck at 323?

Also - Vanquisher VIII is a top, top assault rifle. Can see it becoming my go-to AR, freeing up my exotic spot for Ice Breaker or Truth

PuMa

Also - Vanquisher VIII is a top, top assault rifle. Can see it becoming my go-to AR, freeing up my exotic spot for Ice Breaker or Truth

323 is it.

Ourobolus

Banned

It will only go to 323.

Fantastic. Sending you a FR.

3. Darryl_M_R-32 Hunter (x2)

Can I be added? 32 Hunter and 32 Warlock. PSN is cloud945076

The Crota fight really does suck big time doesn't it.

Nice ranking of the encounters. I like VoG gatekeepers more than Templar though, and I would probably give both CE Pit and Bridge encounters a 9/10.
Oh and vog confluxes is a 5-6/10 for me, you're basically just standing still and shooting in the same direction through all three phases.

Seems like I enjoy the confluxes more than you guys. I'd put it higher than the templar (considering I'd put the templar down below CE bridge). Sure it's just point and shoot, but the pacing is great, and is well placed at the start of the raid to get you warmed up. Lots of yelling and chaos on hard mode for the first couple of months.

Yes I do. And try it on those Raid kinghts, you will see what I'm talking about. It's supposed to make the HM more manageable, but it's outclassed by random legendaries.

Edit: Dude, it's an Arc weapon on an ARC NIGHTFALL. Of course it will work then. An Arc Against All Odds or Arc Thunderlord would still outclass it against hive in Arc burns.
I've used it successfully against the regular Raid Knights, but I wouldn't cry foul if the Hive Disruptor gets better. I haven't found it to be useless, but I probably won't be trying HM any time soon.

to your edit: I used Thunderlord on my other character and I didn't do a much damage as I was doing with SoIY.

LTWood12

Can I be added? 32 Hunter and 32 Warlock. PSN is cloud945076

Certainly. i'll send you a FR.

3. Darryl_M_R-32 hunter (x2)
4. cloud945076-32 Warlock x1, hunter x1

R0ckman

let's get it done.

I have another hunter I need to run through. Arekkusu77

Top Bottom