• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Palocca

Certainly. i'll send you a FR.

8:10 pm Central Time tonight PS4

Attempting to schedule CE Fresh hard run for this evening. We'll do multiple runs of the first two sections at least to try and get people the auto rifle. if we can get the crota strategy down, we'll do it multiple times as well. 32s only please.

1. LTWood12-level 32 Titan (x3)
2. T-44-level 32 Hunter (x3)
3. Darryl_M_R-32 hunter (x2)
4. cloud945076-32 Warlock x1, hunter x1

I'd like to run this once if that's ok. PSN: theFLYINGPIGEON

Manp

From everything I've seen about the hard mode, it comes off as a really cynical effort from Bungie.

Spend a month (six weeks?) watching all the popular strategies develop the. Knock something up in an afternoon to negate them, make everyone under levelled and don 't bother to actually put any work in to it not glitching the fuck out 2 out of 3 times.

player base: we hate bulletsponge enemies! they're not fun :(

bungie: you said bulletsponge enemies? let's add 63846 of them, you seem to like 'em. see we're listening. lol ghosts were made to open doors! :)

Mattiator

Yeah, not many people are going to still give a shit about Destiny by the time Comet drops if HoW is anywhere near as bad as TDB.

I'll be around today, just send a PM or PSN message if you guys have a time to get back together and bust it out. I still want to finish him off once or twice just to be done with it but I have little to no motivation to waste more time on that fight until HoW drops.

I will be on at 230 your time if you wanna give it another go.

LTWood12

I have another hunter I need to run through. Arekkusu77

Great. Sending you an FR. need another titan now folks.

Attempting to schedule CE Fresh hard run for this evening. We'll do multiple runs of the first two sections at least to try and get people the auto rifle. if we can get the crota strategy down, we'll do it multiple times as well. 32s only please.

5. Arekkusu77-32 Hunter

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Yes I do. And try it on those Raid kinghts, you will see what I'm talking about. It's supposed to make the HM more manageable, but it's outclassed by random legendaries.

Edit: Dude, it's an Arc weapon on an ARC NIGHTFALL. Of course it will work then. An Arc Against All Odds or Arc Thunderlord would still outclass it against hive in Arc burns.

I imagine Bungie thinks they're keeping it balanced by nerfing other aspects of it since it can pierce knight walls. They really suck at making weapons feel cool and useful.

So I got the Mythoclast in VoG this week and it maxes out at 323 damage, wtf?

Can I rexurbish it up to 331? or is it stuck at 323?

Also - Vanquisher VIII is a top, top assault rifle. Can see it becoming my go-to AR, freeing up my exotic spot for Ice Breaker or Truth

This pleases me. I'm in the home stretch to rank 3 with NM.

blackflag

I've used it successfully against the regular Raid Knights, but I wouldn't cry foul if the Hive Disruptor gets better. I haven't found it to be useless, but I probably won't be trying HM any time soon.

to your edit: I used Thunderlord on my other character and I didn't do a much damage as I was doing with SoIY.

That's crazy I took Phogoth from full to less than half health in about 20 seconds with Thunderlord and WOL

Rubenov

I've used it successfully against the regular Raid Knights, but I wouldn't cry foul if the Hive Disruptor gets better. I haven't found it to be useless, but I probably won't be trying HM any time soon.

So you haven't tried against Hive Majors it in HM yet... okay. Next to useless, for a weapon that's supposed to make the raid more manageable, and has that "disruptor" perk. It needs a buff desperately.

LTWood12

Great. Sending you an FR. need another titan now folks.

5. Arekkusu77-32 Hunter
5. theflyingpigeon-32 Warlock

just need one more bubble bro (or sis)

Omni

Start any level at 22 or above (pref 30) and compare head and body shot damage with and without the focused fire perk selected.
Alright. So here is the short video I made. That is a major I'm shooting at so for normal enemies it's about double the damage shown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZP7A16KPxk

So basically. Fully upgraded Abyss Defiant firing at level 30 major enemies while playing as a level 32

Hip fire perk
Body shot: ~105
Critical: ~130

Focused perk
Body shot: ~140
Critical: ~175

And double those numbers for regular enemies.

Hiko

Banned
player base: we hate bulletsponge enemies! they're not fun :(

bungie: you said bulletsponge enemies? let's add 63846 of them, you seem to like 'em. see we're listening. lol ghosts were made to open doors! :)

I saw this also with the new strikes. "You don't like adds? Ok, well now the adds will spawn ALL THE TIME. Oh and the boss is still a bullet sponge".

I honestly I really hate both raids. They're boring and tedious as hell, especially on hard. The only fun part from either one is the beginning of CE when you run from the thralls. Already got the Vex so I'm never running VoG again thankfully. And I have no interest in the new raid weapons so I don't see myself ever running CE again, normal or hard. I'm pretty much in this just for Crucible and strike playlist at this point.

HunRevan

Are there any ways to cross the bridge solo in Crota with a hunter? I barely miss the edge all the time when I try to swing across with the sword. (Normal mode)

Alright. So here is the short video I made. That is a major I'm shooting at so for normal enemies it's about double the damage shown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZP7A16KPxk

So basically. Fully upgraded Abyss Defiant firing at level 30 major enemies while playing as a level 32

Hip fire perk
Body shot: ~105
Critical: ~130

Focused perk
Body shot: ~130
Critical: ~175

And double those numbers for regular enemies.
Thanks a lot!

I had to play ten crucible games to grind out the last few marks I needed for it last night

Only disappointing aspect initially is the small magazine size (22)

Stability and impact are both great for an AR

Can it hold its own against a Suros? The drop in mag is a fair trade off for freeing up an exotic slot.

Plus with a smaller magazine aren't you technically just getting to the more powerful shots at the bottom of the magazine that much faster?

Anyone else suspect that Crux of Crota is being held back intentionally, just like hard mode CE was so Bungie can just plug cheese holes for another two weeks, and then finally drop it in to the loot table? Pretty shitty imo if they are intentionally withholding it and not telling players there is zero chance of getting it right now.

LiK

Anyone else suspect that Crux of Crota is being held back intentionally, just like hard mode CE was so Bungie can just plug cheese holes for another two weeks, and then finally drop it in to the loot table? Pretty shitty imo if they are intentionally withholding it and not telling players there is zero chance of getting it right now.

I think so. not a single Gaffer who beat it got it. if you did, let us know.

I'm back!

Couldn't wait? Ugh.

lol, are you constantly being disconnected?

EL CUCO

I'm sure that's one of the reasons. They dont want another Vex fiasco. It's also another "carrot" to chase.

Homeboyd

Pretty sure you have to solo crota with a no land beyond to get it to drop

Will confirm. brb

Can it hold its own against a Suros? The drop in mag is a fair trade off for freeing up an exotic slot.

Plus with a smaller magazine aren't you technically just getting to the more powerful shots at the bottom of the magazine that much faster?

Vanquisher's time to kill is on par with, or better than Suros in PvP, but the 22 mag really hurts it. Suros get health back perk is still unbeatable in PvP when it procs.

In PvE Suros destroys it.

It goes from 27 to 28 for a headshot (in PvP). Nothing special.

LTWood12

ok crew we're at six. if anyone else would like to run it tonight and someone doesn't show, just sent me a FR. See you all tonight!

5. Arekkusu77-32 Hunter
6. theflyingpigeon-32 Warlock

Vanquisher's time to kill is on par with, or better than Suros in PvP, but the 22 mag really hurts it. Suros get health back perk is still unbeatable in PvP when it procs.

In PvE Suros destroys it.

It goes from 27 to 28 for a headshot (in PvP). Nothing special.

My Suros doesn't have this perk...is this new?

Top Bottom