• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Homeboyd

You guys are crazy. I used VoC almost 100% exclusively until I got a FB. FB poops all over VoC. Like, ALL over it. And I LOVED the VoC.

zewone

Actually the more I think about it, Fang of Ir Yut is the best legendary gun in the game now.

It has almost the exact same stats as VoC, but it's 331 attack.

The perks for Fang are also more useful outside of raid because Fang does more damage to Hive majors where as VoC only does more damage to Oracles in VoG.

Zen Moment is practically useless since you can roll Perfect Balance if you need your gun stable.

Full Auto was bugged on VoC and would jam your gun. It's also just being lazy. Fang has Spray and Pray for quick reloads which is way more useful. Or you could run Target Mark to be cheeky.

All in all, Fang is the winner here.
647.jpg

ICON-VII

Neo Member
First post. Yay lol.

Partied up with a few of you over the last few weeks and suffered through 5+ hours of hard mode Crota last night. Figured I'd join the GAF party.

Add me on PSN.... "ICON-VII".

32 Warlock, Maxed G Horn and black hammer, good to go usually in the evenings CST (Texas)

rNilla

You guys are crazy. I used VoC almost 100% exclusively until I got a FB. FB poops all over VoC. Like, ALL over it. And I LOVED the VoC.

This is more or less where I am with these guns. Loved VoC, used it forever but Fatebringer is now my king
except during HM Crota battle

kidko

I also used VoC constantly after I got it, did weeks and weeks with it as my go-to purple main... but Fatebringer came and I rarely look back. Solar burn or solar-shield content is really the only time I pull it out anymore.

First post. Yay lol.

Partied up with a few of you over the last few weeks and suffered through 5+ hours of hard mode Crota last night. Figured I'd join the GAF party.

32 Warlock, Maxed G Horn and black hammer, good to go usually in the evenings CST (Texas)

Cheers I'll add you. I'm in Austin and can only play late evenings as well.

GlamFM

Banned

If you had found them the other way around your opinion would probably be different.

I love my FB, but come on.... Full auto on a solar scout rifle with high impact.

No one can beat that.

First post. Yay lol.

Welcome

Deku Tree

Anyone else suspect that Crux of Crota is being held back intentionally, just like hard mode CE was so Bungie can just plug cheese holes for another two weeks, and then finally drop it in to the loot table? Pretty shitty imo if they are intentionally withholding it and not telling players there is zero chance of getting it right now.

I'm sure that's one of the reasons. They dont want another Vex fiasco. It's also another "carrot" to chase.

By the time you get Crux of Crota House of Wolves will be almost out.

urge26

I need to put this game down... I really do, it's become a crazy addiction. Last night I'm sitting there, just got my Hunter to level 32, no friends on, nothing to do really except level up weapons..... look up at my sealed Far Cry 4, start to open it.... maybe a couple more bounties for that Juju before I pop that in... 4 hours later, finishing up Nightfall on my Warlock. Sigh, I'm starting to wonder if it's just Destiny moving forward :)

After ~11 hours of attempting hard mode yesterday (with 1 character, Crota was 9ish hours of it) the best part about it all was that my drops consisted of the following:

Shards, shards, NO LAND BEYOND!

What a troll. I no longer need shards! I had a 10:1 ratio of energy to shards when I needed shards. Glimmer farmed to convert most of my energy to shards. Now I get the opposite again. No Land Beyond was the icing.

>.<

joecanada

honestly fatebringer shits on all other weapons pve, I am now regretting grinding IB last weekend for timurs lash, will never be better than fatebringer and I rolled the exact perks i wanted on 2nd try!!

Already slowly phasing out, gonna give it another attempt but after that meh..I am sure the majority of the players currently feel the same.

The worst part is that Crota has weapons we want. But then what the fuck do we do with them after?

More Crota? More what?

I feel like there is nothing worth chasing anymore or even a use for it.

ethomaz

Banned
I need to participate in a CE HM to get 4 Radiant Shards do reach lvl 32... any group wants to help me?

I have Ghorn and others things maxed.

Dwalls

Neo Member
Spent 10 hours wiping on Crota's piece of shit encounter. Woke up enraged and jumped straight back in there but I'm honestly burning out so hard. It doesn't help I hit every enrage timer on my girlfriend possible.

Hzoltan69

HM Crota (starting as soon as we are full)

1. Cosmos Man
3. Kor of Memory
4. Hzoltan969
5. T44
6. Decarb

It seems we are full. Is this ok for everyone?

EDIT: Minime is out. Need one more.

Homeboyd

If you had found them the other way around your opinion would probably be different.

I love my FB, but come on.... Full auto on a solar scout rifle with high impact.

No one can beat that.

Welcome
Firefly > full auto

We can't discuss impact when comparing VoC to FB. We just can't. It isn't fair to VoC.

First post. Yay lol.

I can vouch for him. He's good in the game but he's a crazy, unjustified narcissist. That means he'll fit right in!

After ~11 hours of attempting hard mode yesterday (with 1 character, Crota was 9ish hours of it) the best part about it all was that my drops consisted of the following:

What a troll. I no longer need shards! I had a 10:1 ratio of energy to shards when I needed shards. Glimmer farmed to convert most of my energy to shards. Now I get the opposite again. No Land Beyond was the icing.

>.<

Makes me not even want to try it.

LiK

>.<

Spent 10 hours wiping on Crota's piece of shit encounter. Woke up enraged and jumped straight back in there but I'm honestly burning out so hard. It doesn't help I hit every enrage timer on my girlfriend possible.

dayam guys, lol

Are bubbles and ghorn seriously the only way to beat Crota? So realistically a team needs AT LEAST the following:

2 Titans
3 GHorns

It seems silly if that's true.

And why does fatebringer still outclass my 331 primary weapons :(

No one can beat that.

Shit, my 331 Badger has higher impact and firefly... so that beats VoC... only the elemental damage is superior. Full auto is broken so let's just toss that out.

If you're good at hitting crits, an HC should rank above a SR in general.

The worst part is that Crota has weapons we want. But then what the fuck do we do with them after?

More Crota? More what?

I feel like there is nothing worth chasing anymore or even a use for it.
We "want" the perks alone doesn't appear to be that good. Since I already bought the dlc pass, I might check out HoW. However as of now, it mainly depends on what bungie does. Making us re-grind everything, putting anti tactics methods, and putting players at a handicap is not a very wise decision. They should at least fix the major game breaking glitches but nope..it seems like there main priority is "we made this raid super hard that only a few players beat" well noting I can do about those glitches that always occurring. And I am def won't be spending time chasing a uncertain reward anymore. I am going to give it another 2-4 hours at max. If I fail then meh moving on. I do hope bungie read some of the user feedback.

GlamFM

Banned
Shit, my 331 Badger has higher impact and firefly... so that beats VoC... only the elemental damage is superior. Full auto is broken so let's just toss that out.

If you're good at hitting crits, an HC should rank above a SR in general.

How is full auto broken?

We "want" the perks alone doesn't appear to be that good. Since I already bought the dlc pass, I might check out HoW. However as of now, it mainly depends on what bungie does. Making us re-grind everything, putting anti tactics methods, and putting players at a handicap is not a very wise decision. They should at least fix the major game breaking glitches but nope..it seems like there main priority is "we made this raid super hard that only a few players beat" well noting I can do about those glitches that always occurring. And I am def won't be spending time chasing a uncertain reward anymore. I am going to give it another 2-4 hours at max. If I fail then meh moving on. I do hope bungie read some of the user feedback.

Worst part is that I don't feel like doing anything else other than HM Crota.

blackflag

Already slowly phasing out, gonna give it another attempt but after that meh..I am sure the majority of the players currently feel the same. This will be the last thread I am very active in.

I just want to beat that bastard after spending so much time on him yesterday...After that....I dunno what I'm going to do. I kind of feel like you guys.

jaaz

So, is the enrage timer in normal mode gone, replaced by the enrage at 10% health (or so)? Or does he still enrage regardless after second Ogre round?

LiK

Are bubbles and ghorn seriously the only way to beat Crota? So realistically a team needs AT LEAST the following:

2 Titans
3 GHorns

It seems silly if that's true.

And why does fatebringer still outclass my 331 primary weapons :(

that's the ideal strategy so far. can't say I agree with it. there have been Gaffers here who said they beat it with no Titans. forgot who it was.

Jinjo

Firefly > full auto

We can't discuss impact when comparing VoC to FB. We just can't. It isn't fair to VoC.

Outlaw/Firefly won't trigger against those spongeknights against Crota. Pretty sure VoC outdps's Fatebringer against high-level/health enemies.

Still, I love both equally, but I always switch to VoC in the final part of CE.

VoC vs Fatebringer is our AR vs BR lol.

Top Bottom