• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Does anyone have a spot open in their CE HM team? I'll be home in an hour, hoping to finish the raid this time, now that more viable strategies are out there.
I'm comfortable with whatever role you need me for.

Edit: What time were you thinking Byron?

zewone

Anyone else suspect that Crux of Crota is being held back intentionally, just like hard mode CE was so Bungie can just plug cheese holes for another two weeks, and then finally drop it in to the loot table? Pretty shitty imo if they are intentionally withholding it and not telling players there is zero chance of getting it right now.
yup. or it's just like the husk that they forget to put in and stealth patched it's ability to be dropped a week later.

Tapiozona

Banned
Is there a consensus as to the best legendary primary? I know certain guns have their advantages for certain situations but I'm speaking of an all-around gun for every situation.

My list which may be willfully ignorant...

● Fatebringer (300, Arc) At one point I think this was the right answer but since the increased level cap, the 300 limit calls for reconsideration.
● Vision Of Confluence (300, solar) Bungie's list of most popular weapons had this #1 or #2 I believe. I've never used it but it seems like a solid weapon all around. Like the Fatebringer, the 300 cap seems to be the biggest downfall.
● Atheon's Epilogue (300, void) Another weapon from the VoG. Amazing rate of fire and clip size but 'ugh' at the impact. 300 max as well.
● Timur's Lash - (331) Highest damaging hand cannon in the game. With the right roll (field scout, outlaw) it increases to 13 rounds with a quick reload. If you get lucky and manage to get a damage perk this is a beast.
● Word of Crota - (331) I don't know enough about it but it seems pretty good. Not sure if it would compete with a Timur's Lash decked out.
● Fang of Ir Yut - (331) Not enough info.
● Abyss Defiant - (331) Not enough info.

I feel like I'm biased towards a decent rolled Timur's Lash (outlaw, field scout, luck in the chamber is what I have) unless someone can convince me otherwise. I've primary used the Vex for everything but I'd like to put it away for a while and focus on using exotic secondary and heavy weapons. What says you?

edit: This is for pve btw.

I'm dumb, never bothered reading past the bottom half of the mag part.

nhkgEBT.jpg

Immediately

I'll go ahead and take my lunch. Can be home in 10-12 minutes.

32 Titan with G'horn.

GlamFM

Banned
Is there a consensus as to the best legendary primary? I know certain guns have their advantages for certain situations but I'm speaking of an all-around gun for every situation.

● Fatebringer (300, Arc) At one point I think this was the right answer but since the increased level cap, the 300 limit calls for reconsideration.
● Vision Of Confluence (300, solar) Bungie's list of most popular weapons had this #1 or #2 I believe. I've never used it but it seems like a solid weapon all around. Like the Fatebringer, the 300 cap seems to be the biggest downfall.
● Atheon's Epilogue (300, void) Another weapon from the VoG. Amazing rate of fire and clip size but 'ugh' at the impact. 300 max as well.
● Timur's Lash - (331) Highest damaging hand cannon in the game. With the right roll (field scout, outlaw) it increases to 13 rounds with a quick reload. If you get lucky and manage to get a damage perk this is a beast.
● Word of Crota - (331) I don't know enough about it but it seems pretty good. Not sure if it would compete with a Timur's Lash decked out.

I feel like I'm biased towards a decent rolled Timur's Lash (outlaw, field scout, luck in the chamber is what I have) unless someone can convince me otherwise. I've primary used the Vex for everything but I'd like to put it away for a while and focus on using exotic secondary and heavy weapons. What says you?

Vision of Confuence is the best gun in the game. Fatebringer is a close second.

Hiko

Banned

Pretty much any legendary hand cannon will wreck in PvE. I'm liking "The Chance" from FWC but they're all solid. Up for Anything and For the People are great auto rifles that you can buy. Between hand cannons and auto rifles, I don't see the point of scout rifles or pulse rifles.

The problem with the VoG weapons is that they're stuck at 300. Keep them around for burns but I'd imagine they will soon become obsolete once you get the new raid weapons.

rNilla

I feel like we should try this tactic again. And Todd needs to watch it so he can remember that Crota needs to be taken down 3 times.

If you guys let me tag along again I'll actually have heavy synth and will try to use Hollarhorn this time instead of Red Death.

I also think waiting for you to go invisible for the first kneel might waste too much time since it seems like people that have been successful with this strat take him down almost immediately after the sword is out. Either way it's obviously all about timing.

zewone

I actually feel kind of dumb for spending so much glimmer and effort (IB is not fun) for two Timur's Lash last week when now I'll have 331 element primaries. I got the Fang of Ir Yut yesterday and I think it's going to be my go to.

Arc is the most prevalent shield type since there is so much Fallen. Can either be rolled with Field Scout or Perfect Balance, which is very similar to VoC. You also get Third Eye for radar during ADS and you have the option for quick reloads or Target Mark. The only thing it's missing to be a true VoC successor is Full Auto, but really that's just a luxury when I'm feeling lazy to pull the trigger, heh.

Vision of Confuence is the best gun in the game. Fatebringer is a close second.

This is correct. A 331 version would be a dream come true.

If you guys let me tag along again I'll actually have heavy synth and will try to use Hollarhorn this time instead of Red Death.

I also think waiting for you to go invisible for the first kneel might waste too much time since it seems like people that have been successful with this strat take him down almost immediately after the sword is out. Either way it's obviously all about timing.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. If he's taken down fast enough, there's no reason for to go invisible for the first down.

LiK

I don't think going invisible is necessary. never seen people do it on Normal with other groups. does it make a difference?

FB and VoC are pimp-status... sucks they are only 300 and will soon be irrelevant for end game shit.

For me, my Badger (rolled with Firefly, luck in the chamber and magwell) and my Lash (rolled with clown cartridge, field scout, crowd control) are my best 331 primaries. Badger has the highest impact for a scout rifle in the game and the perks I lucked into are top-tier. Lash has highest impact of any primary in the game so that's a big plus for me too. Basically, I prefer high-impact weapons.

Atheon's Epilogue? Blah.

Don't know about the HM CE raid weapons yet so can't comment there.

I hope I kept my spot warm enough for you

its just infuriating to come back and be booted.
Take a break! This is coming from a guy who tried to kill crota for ~5 hours! If this is bungie's method for HoW HM, is it truly worth the stress? I got pretty damn salty last night so don't do that and chill out :)
Edit: there is noting you can do about the sword disappearing and other game breaking issuses.
Amusingly enough, in 5 weeks the next expansion hits and all the crota gear will become obsolete lol.
The real questins is, will anyone still be playing as we did before?

rNilla

I don't think going invisible is necessary. never seen people do it on Normal with other groups. does it make a difference?

It's not necessary but can make it easier to start swinging away as soon as his shield goes down since you can go early and hang out. It's just a timing thing.

I've had success running sword as a Titan (Normal) if I know what the DPS is going to be and know that I can jump up there as soon as rockets are in the air.

EDIT: Also on Normal with a 32 swordbearer it's not really necessary to do anything since a gentle breeze from your swing will do massive damage.

Take a break! This is coming from a guy who tried to kill crota for ~5 hours! If this is bungie's method for HoW HM, is it truly worth the stress? I got pretty damn salty last night so don't do that and chill out :)

The real questins is, will anyone still be playing as we did before?

Yeah I spent that much time yesterday and almost that much so far today.

I don't know what the fuck. This game is pissing me off like never before. Not only the game but making groups and all that.

I regret taking the day off work I know that much.

Top Bottom