• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

jadedm17

Are bubbles and ghorn seriously the only way to beat Crota? So realistically a team needs AT LEAST the following:

2 Titans
3 GHorns

It seems silly if that's true.

And why does fatebringer still outclass my 331 primary weapons :(
Seems silly doesn't it?

We "want" the perks alone doesn't appear to be that good. Since I already bought the dlc pass, I might check out HoW. However as of now, it mainly depends on what bungie does. Making us re-grind everything, putting anti tactics methods, and putting players at a handicap is not a very wise decision. They should at least fix the major game breaking glitches but nope..it seems like there main priority is "we made this raid super hard that only a few players beat" well noting I can do about those glitches that always occurring. And I am def won't be spending time chasing a uncertain reward anymore. I am going to give it another 2-4 hours at max. If I fail then meh moving on. I do hope bungie read some of the user feedback.
Last week I beat Atheon HM twice in 15 minutes; This week it took us over a half hour dealing with glitches like the Minotaur on Venus dying then coming right back to life, wiping when we got all the oracles and once even losing a whole phase and being reteleported as soon as we left the portal. We're nearing the third raid and the first is still broken.

I still find it amazing how outdated most of the stuff is for high level players too, but that's a separate issue.

KeRaSh

Can someone pass me a Crota HM Bridge checkpoint? I didn't get the auto rifle and don't feel like wasting time dieing to the OP Ogre a dozen times again to get another shot at it.
PS4 KeRaSh

Frostburn

As much fun as Hard Mode is, I still have two level 31s currently... Need to get some drops for at least my Warlock to hit 32.

Normal Mode Crota's End Raid - I'd like to start in the next 20 min or sooner

Quote this post and add your name and PSN

1. Frostburn -PSN US-Frostburn

First post. Yay lol.

Partied up with a few of you over the last few weeks and suffered through 5+ hours of hard mode Crota last night. Figured I'd join the GAF party.

Add me on PSN.... "ICON-VII".

32 Warlock, Maxed G Horn and black hammer, good to go usually in the evenings CST (Texas)

Welcome to DGAF!

You can be our Boomer sniper tonight if you want.

Just know that you will probably get kicked out of the fireteam if a single boomer hits Cosmos_man... lol

doc-rivers.gif

I mean, the Crota Hard Raid is hard, but now we know Bungie isn't to blame for some of the added difficulty....

What? I'm rocking my 331 Badger, but I still think VoC and FB are the best weapons in the game.

I just want to beat that bastard after spending so much time on him yesterday...After that....I dunno what I'm going to do. I kind of feel like you guys.
yeah we were cheated a many times due to those glitches.

Seems silly doesn't it?

Last week I beat Atheon HM twice in 15 minutes; This week it took us over a half hour dealing with glitches like the Minotaur on Venus dying then coming right back to life, wiping when we got all the oracles and once even losing a whole phase and being reteleported as soon as we left the portal. We're nearing the third raid and the first is still broken.
Yep I do understand there are some issues that can not be fix. Perhaps due to the matching making system itself, game engine, etc however it should have been taken into account.

vctor182

Fuck yeah, managed to clear the first part of Crota´s End alone being hunter level 31. All I needed was the Don't Touch Me gloves and sneaked my way to the top. When the bridge was forming I stood in the rock next to the last lamp and crouched until the ogre spotted me , I then jumped cloaked, hit a thrall to remain cloaked crouched again since the cooling time for it's cloak ability was over and then used my super to cloak one last time and ran to the bridge like a mad man.

Got the pulse rifle and 6 shards.

noomi

First post. Yay lol.

Partied up with a few of you over the last few weeks and suffered through 5+ hours of hard mode Crota last night. Figured I'd join the GAF party.

Add me on PSN.... "ICON-VII".

32 Warlock, Maxed G Horn and black hammer, good to go usually in the evenings CST (Texas)

Hey dude! Thanks for all the help last night, you stuck around for all of it hehe.

We are trying to finish up today again when everyone is back from work. Add me noomi85

it's fine. it was pretty late for you as well.

we should be doing way better tonight by starting at Crota.

Still, I shouldn't have been getting pissed off like I was. We weren't working well as a team and that's why we failed. Everyone should be fresh and ready to go this time.

Edit: also Nami was dead and Math was 31

Welcome to DGAF!

You can be our Boomer sniper tonight if you want.

Just know that you will probably get kicked out of the fireteam if a single boomer hits Cosmos_man... lol

What? I'm rocking my 331 Badger, but I still think VoC and FB are the best weapons in the game.

In will be good after 8:30pm EST

Deku Tree

That seems reasonable. It's also reasonable, for people who are, to choose and utilize this thread as an outlet for venting their frustrations.

I imagine that your making this comment means that you endorse Grave's post. Not its content or tone necessarily, but at least its appropriateness for this forum. It's a level of discourse that makes me feel uneasy, but the consensus seems to be that it is appropriate and even commendable.

As such I don't think it would be at all reasonable for him to receive a ban for it, though it is fundamentally identical to the post that previously resulted in one. I think it would send altogether the wrong message, namely:

reinforcing the narrative that this is how it works, that an effective (or even the best) way to effect change in the ongoing development and support of this game is to issue an impassioned tirade every couple of months and then get banned, repeating as necessary the next time, and the next, and so on with the slight nuance of hundreds of hours of gameplay in between.

But if he's merely giving voice to a consensus view, in both sentiment and tone, then it makes sense to just skip the part where he gets banned. And that seems to be the case. For many of you, he was just putting into words what you were thinking, what you wish you could say to Bungie. '"Preach." Indeed, this is a post we want framed and mailed to them so as to understand the true feelings of their playerbase.

I can respect that, and I can embrace the idea that I have a minority viewpoint on the topic. I don't know how else to put my own feelings but to say that it just makes me really uncomfortable.

You guys can be really intense about this game. Like, pretty memorably intense. It amazes me that so many of you are so much more passionate than I am and and take the game so much more seriously than I do, considering how much time I've spent playing it and effort I've spent analyzing and discussing it. You'll... I want to say occasionally, but what I really mean is cyclically, use language I would reserve for a disaster relief coordinator whose incompetence affected the victims of a tornado, the disgust I'd register for a careless driver causing property damage or loss of life, or a corrupt regulator failing to keep lead out of store-bought paint... for a game developer. People who make a videogame that you play. These comments will often be constructed not as critiques, but invective shot into the void as though they're meant to be received by an individual. Fuck off- this encounter uses lazy methods of increasing difficulty. What the fuck is wrong with you?- I don't feel rewarded for completing content. And so on.

The traditional refrain in response to my discomfort is that such comments come from people who actually love the game, and want to see it improve. That their tone is appropriate because Bungie needs to understand how much their decisions frustrate and offend the playerbase- paying customers, of course, who like the product, but also feel passionately about its flaws. These points aren't invalid. But unfortunately, I only find them a compelling justification to a certain degree- one I see eclipsed almost daily- and, sadly, I believe (or have learned from experience) that they aren't principal motivators in bringing about the improvements they describe.

This leaves me largely resigned to understanding that it's going to keep happening, have no effect, die down, flare up again, continuously in a sine wave for as long as the game is popular. There are times when I wish I could relate, because it's so tough for me to imagine the frame of reference in which that kind of thing is the appropriate response.

But I know that ultimately I can't. I've tried before. But I won't ever get it, and more of you agree with and share GraveRobber's frame of reference than mine. I have the utmost respect for that. Truthfully, it makes more sense for him to be the custodian of this subcommunity than me. Times like these, it just scares me how out of touch I am. He will do a better job of representing your interests than I will.

This was Hawkian's last post at 3:38am last night... Hawkian you still making the next OT? We need you...

LiK

Still, I shouldn't have been getting pissed off like I was. We weren't working well as a team and that's why we failed. Everyone should be fresh and ready to go this time.

totally Nami's fault for using up all his juice with another group. :p

Need to glimmer farm to get my Titan to level 32. Stupid grind...who's got the GK checkpoint? Or does anyone wanna run VoG normal to grab the CP?

I still find it amazing how outdated most of the stuff is for high level players too, but that's a separate issue.
Working as intended...

LiK

Crota fight was already the worst part of CE. Now they made it even worse in HM. I don't see many people returning to him in HM after they get the primaries. Only the Crux is wanted and it hasn't dropped for anyone here. Bungie keeping the carrot away.

KeRaSh

Can someone pass me a Crota HM Bridge checkpoint? I didn't get the auto rifle and don't feel like wasting time dieing to the OP Ogre a dozen times again to get another shot at it.
PS4 KeRaSh

Anyone? I really don't feel like doing the lamp phase again... ;_;

Homeboyd

Crota fight was already the worst part of CE. Now they made it even worse in HM. I don't see many people returning to him in HM after they get the primaries. Only the Crux is wanted and it hasn't dropped for anyone here. Bungie keeping the carrot away.
I'm clearing it ONCE and not doing it again until some of the fight is changed. Normal mode it is after that first one.

Jinjo

Say what? You mean VoC does more damage to higher level enemies than a FB?? FB does more damage than 331 scouts...

Not on a single shot basis. But VoC can probably kill one of those knights faster due to higher firerate/larger mag than FB can with lack of Outlaw trigger and slower reload/smaller mag. Could be wrong though as I haven't tested it, but just feels to me VoC kills slightly faster.

rNilla

Or the bs of increasing the level of enemies 1 of your cap to make it "Hard Mode".

None of the things that changed in HM are really that bad but all of them together in the Crota encounter specifically feel pretty cheap. Or like a Nightfall boss encounter with no burn and a time limit.

I still think it will get better. The community will find better ways to confront it and maybe some of the newer raid weapons will help. It's only Day 2.

Soooo is Bungie ever going to stream themselves playing Heroic Crota..? The closest I ever saw was Deej playing normal VoG with Datto.

I'd LOOOVE to see it and I'll put my money on that they can't beat it.
I'd love to see the person watering the lawn at the stadium play in the super bowl, I bet he couldn't score a touchdown.

I got nothing

I was 31 a couple of times on accident to try to preserve heavy ammo loss bug, and it didn't change the offense! 3 maxed ghorn shots (1 from me) still took Crota down. A boomers shit did hurt a little more but if you can evade then it's ok. 32 is obviously still preferred.

Or the bs of increasing the level of enemies 1 of your cap to make it "Hard Mode".

It just doesn't seem to be a well thought out decision. In a month and a half when HoW releases and the cap goes up, the whole hard raid is basically trivialized. I still enjoy VoG because even at 32 you have to be on the ball and know the mechanics. Once we're 33, the challenge is over. It's like this raid was just a 3 month activity. Nobody will be running it once they get all the weapons.

GlamFM

Banned
The difficulty spike that broke DestinyGAF.

I honestly think that people are just upset they didn´t beat it on their first try.

Oddly enough I´m convinced that if we had all beaten it already Bungie would be getting some shit for making it too easy.

In a week from now everyone will have the tactics down and will have beaten it a couple of times and all will be good again.

Langy

Wow, so much being said about CE HM, not lvl 32 yet so not ready to tackle it and rage lol!

Am wanting to start Nightfall though, so would like 2 people to come with me please!

PSN is Langoit ready to go now or if someone needs a body add me and i'll jump in.

zewone

he's keeping them away from the loot!

Hours of frustration will do that to people. I was more of an asshole than usual yesterday.

Sorry raid group. :3
Yesterday in Namikaze's group (composed of people who had never done the raid together) we were able to take Crota down on basically a blind run. The encounter is definitely overkill with some of the changes, but it's not impossible. I think in a week or two people will have the best strategy available to clear HM consistently.
From almost a dozen hours trying to kill Crota to being replaced by players you play with all the time by people who already beat it. It is making me scream internally. A waste of a paid day off as well.
That is pretty rough if you guys had already made arrangements.

Say what? You mean VoC does more damage to higher level enemies than a FB?? FB does more damage than 331 scouts...

Out DPS means that it does more damage per second. Since you're not one shotting Hive Majors you're actually doing less damage using a FB over VoC because of it's slower rate of fire.

hydruxo

I honestly think that people are just upset they didn´t beat it on their first try.

Oddly enough I´m convinced that if we had all beaten it already Bungie would be getting some shit for making it too easy.

In a week from now everyone will have the tactics down and will have beaten it a couple of times and all will be good again.

It's not even that it's hard, it's just artificial difficulty. It's not like VoG where we had the chance to get on the same level playing field and hit 30. The enemies in HM Crota are a level higher for the next 5-6 weeks. Bungie didn't give us a chance to get to 33 yet, so as a result people are struggling because they're gimped even at the max fucking level they can get to. It's just bad design, no matter how you look at it.

lt519

Yup. Our group couldn't beat him in normal mode on our first day either, we went in blind and had no clue what was going on. Beat him the next day after a break and a deep breath. Same thing last night but instead of beating our heads against the wall for 5 hours we tried for an hour, got him to 1/4 health one time, then decided to call it and try again tonight. It is HARD mode (artificial discussion aside).

Ambitious

Wow, so much being said about CE HM, not lvl 32 yet so not ready to tackle it and rage lol!

Am wanting to start Nightfall though, so would like 2 people to come with me please!

PSN is Langoit ready to go now or if someone needs a body add me and i'll jump in.

I'm at Phogoth right now. PSN: ps_flocki
I'm going to do the Weekly with the same character afterwards, followed by NF+Weeklies with my other two characters. No mic right now.

Yesterday in Namikaze's group (composed of people who had never done the raid together) we were able to take Crota down on basically a blind run. The encounter is definitely overkill with some of the changes, but it's not impossible. I think in a week or two people will have the best strategy available to clear HM consistently.

Yeah, Nami burnt himself out doing that so he was a fucking zombie during the Crota fight on our run. :p

Homeboyd

Out DPS means that it does more damage per second. Since you're not one shotting Hive Majors you're actually doing less damage using a FB over VoC because of it's slower rate of fire.
Yeah I've heard people reference it here as damage per shot, so it kind of... threw me there for a second. Figured what he meant.

You can find specific scenarios for each gun where one will shine over the other but the fact is the FB's perks are much better and has much higher impact. For every one enemy you can find that will go down "faster" with a VoC than FB, there's probably 10 where the opposite is true. Obviously VoC has better range as well so FB can't compete there either. There's just many more scenarios where FB is better than VoC than the opposite.

jadedm17

Hard Crota is causing major melt downs all over this thread.

Hawkian, I am not sure if we are going to make it to a one Xur thread...
The difficulty spike that broke DestinyGAF.

To be honest we were running out of things anyways: How many here are 32, have most exotics and have a vault full of coins,motes, energies etc? The last few weeks I've been in Iron Banner or leveling up weapons... The former is gone and the latter is mostly done.

LiK

VoC is still pretty great against Knights. The FB is awesome against Thralls. Vex melts Acolytes. People with a mix of weapons from VoG can do pretty well for most of CE HM.

rNilla

If Team Husk hadn't defeated HM when we did I'm not sure I could have gone on much longer. At least not with continued swordrunning failures. I was starting to get pretty enraged with myself.

I think that second to last run when Nami was one swipe away from killing Crota really helped as well.

Top Bottom