• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Jinjo

I honestly think that people are just upset they didn´t beat it on their first try.

Oddly enough I´m convinced that if we had all beaten it already Bungie would be getting some shit for making it too easy.

In a week from now everyone will have the tactics down and will have beaten it a couple of times and all will be good again.

I'm curious to the House of Wolves shitstorm. Now that will be something depending if they don't change a thing about their exotic upgrade system. Most of DestinyGAF seems to be out if they pull that shit again. And that's saying something.

Out DPS means that it does more damage per second. Since you're not one shotting Hive Majors you're actually doing less damage using a FB over VoC because of it's slower rate of fire.

Yeah this is what I meant, you just worded it better lol.

Yeah I've heard people reference it here as damage per shot, so it kind of... threw me there for a second. Figured what he meant.

You can find specific scenarios for each gun where one will shine over the other but the fact is the FB's perks are much better and has much higher impact. For every one enemy you can find that will go down "faster" with a VoC than FB, there's probably 10 where the opposite is true. Obviously VoC has better range as well so FB can't compete there either. There's just many more scenarios where FB is better than VoC than the opposite.

I probably agree with you on that last sentence. It's just that for the high-end content of high-end content for me it edges to VoC. Which is why I'd call it "best legendary primary". Otherwise Fatebringer all the way! (It's just so much fun)

GlamFM

Banned
It's not even that it's hard, it's just artificial difficulty. It's not like VoG where we had the chance to get on the same level playing field and hit 30. The enemies in HM Crota are a level higher for the next 5-6 weeks. Bungie didn't give us a chance to get to 33 yet, so as a result people are struggling because they're gimped even at the max fucking level they can get to. It's just bad design, no matter how you look at it.

Sure, but tougher enemies killing us is not what´s keeping people from beating crota.

It´s getting the timing right and that has nothing to do with your level.

Serious question. Was there this much hate on VoG HM at release? Been a while so really can't recall. Once the techniques and cheese came out it seemed to be OK.

EL CUCO

So, is the enrage timer in normal mode gone, replaced by the enrage at 10% health (or so)? Or does he still enrage regardless after second Ogre round?
Regular enrage notification is still in. They just added the insta-enrage when he's about 15%

LiK

If Team Husk hadn't defeated HM when we did I'm not sure I could have gone on much longer. At least not with continued swordrunning failures. I was starting to get pretty enraged with myself.

We'll invite you back tonight if you're up for it.

Btw raid crew, I saw Zoba play the raid with another group last night. Guess he has a new group.

VoC is still pretty great against Knights. The FB is awesome against Thralls. Vex melts Acolytes. People with a mix of weapons from VoG can do pretty well for most of CE HM.

Badger CCL w/ Rodeo, Firefly, and Speed Reload (or something, point being is that it's maxed out reload to counter the 14 clip). I thank the RNG gods every day while doing Crota.

Is anyone doing the Raid relatively late tonight? Around 9:30 PM EST? Haven't been able to get to it yet due to schoolwork.

Mattiator

yeah we were cheated a many times due to those glitches.

Yep I do understand there are some issues that can not be fix. Perhaps due to the matching making system itself, game engine, etc however it should have been taken into account.

Can you do 230 your time today :) I wanna give it one last shot before I say f it..

Steroyd

I honestly think that people are just upset they didn´t beat it on their first try.

Oddly enough I´m convinced that if we had all beaten it already Bungie would be getting some shit for making it too easy.

In a week from now everyone will have the tactics down and will have beaten it a couple of times and all will be good again.

No it won't, Deathsinger was immediately identified as the most pointless part of the raid and people skipped it all the time, the moment people get their Scout rifle and Handcannon they'll be done, they'll do the first 2 parts for fun and then go to orbit.

Also oracle part in VoG.

zewone

Sure, but tougher enemies killing us is not what´s keeping people from beating crota.

You're doing 34% less damage to enemies and they are doing 34% more damage to you.

Level definitely plays a factor. If you could kill Crota, Swordbearer, Boomers, and Wizards 34% faster it would make things easier.

Serious question. Was there this much hate on VoG HM at release? Been a while so really can't recall. Once the techniques and cheese came out it seemed to be OK.

VoG HM was launched at the same time as normal mode.
I think nobody was Level 30 at the time, so ppl expected it to be extremelly hard so there wasn't much rage at all. Also the fight was more fair. You could regain health. Enemies were just as hard. Detain shields were introduced but not really a game-changing thing.

I waited until I was 28 to start raiding on Normal, and 29 to start trying hard (not counting the few times I dropped atheon of his plataform). Only started beeing consistent with atheon once I was a 30.

Now, we have many players at the maximum possible level (32). Ppl expected it to be hard, but beeing 32 should be enough... Only it isn't.

Daemul

Vision of Confuence is the best gun in the game. Fatebringer is a close second.

As much as I love my Fatebringer, he's right.

Well, he's right...

You guys cannot be serious...

doc-rivers.gif

I mean, the Crota Hard Raid is hard, but now we know Bungie isn't to blame for some of the added difficulty....

It really does explain a lot

No it won't, Deathsinger was immediately identified as the most pointless part of the raid and people skipped it all the time, the moment people get their Scout rifle and Handcannon they'll be done, they'll do the first 2 parts for fun and then go to orbit.

Also oracle part in VoG.

100% true. There's no way i'm gonna keep spending Heavy ammo in that stupid fight.
I don't even want the scout, just give me the hand cannon.

Deku Tree

Here´s a video of some guys who made it and played suuuuuper conservatively.

GUYS! I don´t think it´s all that hard.

I just think we´re all too nervous.

I didn't see ogres at all. did they come out?

Yeah the Ogres came out while the players were hanging by the rock. They waited for Crota to go back middle and then they killed the ogres with rockets from up top. But no you never see the Orges in the video and the player making the video doesn't shoot at the Orgres themselves. The player making the video is on tower knight duty.

hydruxo

I ran Crota for 6 hours yesterday with tons of different gaffers and we didn't do it. I think I'd know what's keeping people from beating Crota. I never once said that the tougher enemies is the sole reason for keeping people from beating him. It's when you compound everything together where the issue lies. How anyone can defend artificial difficulty mechanics is beyond me.

Yeah the Ogres came out while the players were hanging by the rock. They waited for Crota to go back middle and then they killed the ogres with rockets from up top. But no you never see the Orges in the video and the player making the video doesn't shoot at the Orgres themselves. The player making the video is on tower knight duty.
ok. just antoher ghorn strat

E92 M3

Hard Crota has really turned us against each other; it's rather sad. Yesterday I was also getting super frustrated - we all were. I didn't expect so much anger and frustration yesterday. Left work early and everything for this. Hard mode seems like Bungie is just saying throwing so much shit at us. It's not balanced at all. We prevail, but the experience is miserable. Normal mode Crota fight is one of my favorites. Very sad to see what hard turned into.

KeRaSh

Holy fucking shit. I manage to beat the lamp section with relative ease and as I run into the white light I get disconnected.
Fuck. This. Shit.

GlamFM

Banned
You're doing 34% less damage to enemies and they are doing 34% more damage to you.

Level definitely plays a factor. If you could kill Crota, Swordbearer, Boomers, and Wizards 34% faster it would make things easier.

Sure, but that also means that at 32 the hard raid would be trivial and not hard at all.

Mindlog

:]

When trying to kill Hard Mode Crota before Ogres.
ALL Titans should follow your sword bearer to the rocks. You can easily Gjallarhorn from there when the time comes and the more orbs the better. You don't have to leave the rocks either. Just hug the top to avoid Crota blasts as he moves. Jump down to kill the sword keeper... profit!
All of our jokes came true in CE HM. Add a Wizard, they did. Add a GK, they did. Take chalice away, they did.
That gave me a laugh. I believe™ there's a Metallica song about this.

Top Bottom