• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

As a level 31 with no Gjallarhorn I have no idea when I'll even be able to attempt the hard raid. Still only have one raid piece on both of my characters.

Do we know if the first part can drop any exotic or just the pulse rifle? is it any good?

Just the pulse rifle to my knowledge and it's on par with every other pulse. Whatever that means is how you feel about pulse rifles. I'm stoked about mine though because I never got Fatebringer from VoG and I needed something in the primary slot with arc damage.

My first run through Crota HM was pretty smooth to be honest. We didn't wipe until Crota and even then it only took us 4 wipes before we downed him. You have to have your ducks in a row is all. Plus its a HUGE benefit to have a hunter that can go invisible be the swordbearer. HUGE.

zewone

So for the people who have Abyss Defiant, what is the verdict? Going to try and at least do through Deathsinger tomorrow, don't know if I have the patience for HM Crota.

Abyss Defiant sounds like a surprisingly great gun for the people who got it to drop. I'm not an AR fan, but it's definitely on my to do list. Luckily it drops from the Bridge so I don't have to keep doing Crota for weeks.

Sullichin

Just the pulse rifle to my knowledge and it's on par with every other pulse. Whatever that means is how you feel about pulse rifles. I'm stoked about mine though because I never got Fatebringer from VoG and I needed something in the primary slot with arc damage.

Yeah I don't have any of the VOG primaries still. I am still more interested in those because Fatebringer and VOC look better than anything in CE. Wish they were 331 because that kind of turned down my interest in trying to get them. I know they are still amazing, I just fully expect a patch to come out a day later that upgrades the attack rating.

LiK

It seems the reaction to hard mode is pretty much unanimously negative. The worst part is that we all know Bungee will do fuck all to rectify this. Such a bone headed company.

it's so lazy and bad. they could've made it level 32 but added Vestiges to the mix. that would've been fun trying to avoid them.

Mindlog

We are used to killing Ogres in one Crota movement before he gets back to center.
There's no need for that :D Crota can move from left to center to right and back to center. As long as you take the Ogres down before the second move back to center you are still on schedule.

moris

Starting either fresh CE normal or hard or Crota kill when we get a full team. We can decide then.

1. ms182
2. Dante316
3. Bigmanny287
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Sane_Man

it's so lazy and bad. they could've made it level 32 but added Vestiges to the mix. that would've been fun trying to avoid them.

You just know they're in their offices patting themselves on the back as well, thinking this bullshit is a success for them because so few can beat it.

I wish I could quit you Destiny. I seriously can't wait until Bloodborne is out.

LiK

You just know they're in their offices patting themselves on the back as well, thinking this bullshit is a success for them because so few can beat it.

I wish I could quit you Destiny. I seriously can't wait until Bloodborne is out.

indeed!

Geneijin

It really is disappointing. What's funny is that, if this was released alongside normal mode, there would be less bitching. But ppl expected more because Bungie waited so long to release it.
Yup. If they released it alongside normal, I wouldn't have as many problems with the new hard mode and this game in general again. Then again, I might have quit 1 or 2 weeks back because I would have done everything by now, and there's less incentive to do the hard Crota raid for me...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So for the people who have Abyss Defiant, what is the verdict? Going to try and at least do through Deathsinger tomorrow, don't know if I have the patience for HM Crota.

Lot of folks think the AR is probably the most useful of the hard mode drops. As much as I love hand cannons and scout rifles (and I do want the hard mode drops), I do have to admit that, outside of the elemental burns, they are pretty underwhelming, at least compared to the awesomeness of the VoG drops.

zewone

Lot of folks think the AR is probably the most useful of the hard mode drops. As much as I love hand cannons and scout rifles (and I do want the hard mode drops), I do have to admit that, outside of the elemental burns, they are pretty underwhelming, at least compared to the awesomeness of the VoG drops.

What's the issue with the scout rifle? It's basically a VoC clone with Arc instead of Solar and better perks than VoC.

LiK

Bungie delayed HM just to see what strategies people were using in Normal, imo. Everything was kinda done on the fly. I bet if they released it at the same time as Normal, it would've only been lvl 33 enemies with no changes in the encounters.

Will Bloodborne have a co-op multiplayer? As a non-serious gamer, I have never played any of the predecessors to Bloodborne and have no idea what to expect.

If it doesn't have co-op multiplayer, I don't think I'll be into it. Basically, Destiny has made me realize that it's only fun if I'm playing alongside others.

Bladelaw

I have no Fatebringer. Given how often Arc Burn comes up I'd be super happy with the CE Pulse Rifle. I'll be practicing my bladedancing skills on the lamps in the hopes I get it.

zewone

Will Bloodborne have a co-op multiplayer? As a non-serious gamer, I have never played any of the predecessors to Bloodborne and have no idea what to expect.

If it doesn't have co-op multiplayer, I don't think I'll be into it. Basically, Destiny has made me realize that it's only fun if I'm playing alongside others.

Yes. 3 player co-op if it's like it's predecessors. I have seen at least confirmed it has 2 player co-op.

What's the issue with the scout rifle? It's basically a VoC clone with Arc instead of Solar and better perks than VoC.

The 'tagging' of the scout rifle seems pretty shit. It's also quite gimmicky. Where but crucible would that be useful? And even then, who actually consistently uses scout rifles in crucible? Plus we already have a much better arc primary

EL CUCO

It dropped for me at the Bridge, last night. Actually...it dropped for 4 of us on the Bridge o_O

With just a quick few shots and a glance at the perks, I can already confirm Abyss Defiant>>>>>>>>>>>>>>... Atheons Epilogue. It might just replace the VoC on Solar burns.

oh ok, you can see that in the video for barely 2 seconds. you have good eye :)
:)

Bungie delayed HM just to see what strategies people were using in Normal, imo. Everything was kinda done on the fly. I bet if they released it at the same time as Normal, it would've only been lvl 33 enemies with no changes in the encounters.

I think they saw how easily people were flying through normal CE, they don't really like that. Cheese or no cheese, it doesn't matter; to them it wasnt' hard enough. Until now, that is.

dB Viper

If I have all the gear I need already (3 32's) plus I got the Auto and Pulse rifles to drop, is there even a need to do Abyss or Bridge anymore?

I feel like Deathsinger + Crota for the exotics, crux and Word of Crota is all I would need?

Bladelaw

Yeah the Gatekeeper in the middle seems like a pretty good indicator that's what happened. Given the available mechanics in the game there are just so many missed opportunities here.

I'll throw one out for them: Kill a sword bearer and have Crota summon a vestige near where the players are standing. This will force the Boomer Snipers to stay frosty and keep the action moving. It's a similar idea to the Atheon detain fields while working differently. Keep the chalice and have the chalice holder clear out the vestiges.

Voila I just added more interesting mechanics to the final fight without resorting to BS like the level advantage or Gatekeeper. The wizard's arguably an interesting addition if it wasn't a bullet sponge.

zewone

The 'tagging' of the scout rifle seems pretty shit. It's also quite gimmicky. Where but crucible would that be useful? And even then, who actually consistently uses scout rifles in crucible? Plus we already have a much better arc primary

You don't have to use Target Mark, which admittedly I am disappointed with. You can use Spray and Play which is more useful than Target Mark or VoC's Full Auto. It also has Third Eye which is again more useful than Zen Moment.

The gun itself is pretty decent in PVP. I don't use Scouts but I was able to go 20-2 in my first skirmish game.

Eh, Fatebringer is a good gun, but it's also kind of boring to use. I'm happy to change it up.

LiK

Yeah the Gatekeeper in the middle seems like a pretty good indicator that's what happened. Given the available mechanics in the game there are just so many missed opportunities here.

I'll throw one out for them: Kill a sword bearer and have Crota summon a vestige near where the players are standing. This will force the Boomer Snipers to stay frosty and keep the action moving. It's a similar idea to the Atheon detain fields while working differently. Keep the chalice and have the chalice holder clear out the vestiges.

Voila I just added more interesting mechanics to the final fight without resorting to BS like the level advantage or Gatekeeper. The wizard's arguably an interesting addition if it wasn't a bullet sponge.

no chalice is my biggest beef. the inability to recharge at all unless you have a perk doesn't allow people to have last minute ways to move about and think of strategies. the chalice also keeps the teams together similar to relic in VoG. I dunno what made them think taking it out was a good idea.

Vestiges seemed like the obvious thing to add.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

It's missing two of the best features for VoC - auto and a really big magazine. I also think that solar is more useful than arc (we already have the boss fatebringer for arc), but I also really hate wizards. I also think the perks of the raid scout are more suited for PvP, where no one uses a scout rifle. VoC was also pretty damn stable with Zen. I'm not saying Crota rifle is junk - I want it - it's just not the BEST like VoC/FB were/are/always will be. Almost all of the VoG weapon drops were best in class.

You don't have to use Target Mark, which admittedly I am disappointed with. You can use Spray and Play which is more useful than Target Mark or VoC's Full Auto. It also has Third Eye which is again more useful than Zen Moment.

The gun itself is pretty decent in PVP. I don't use Scouts but I was able to go 20-2 in my first skirmish game.

Eh, Fatebringer is a good gun, but it's also kind of boring to use. I'm happy to change it up.

Eh, fair enough. Personally I still loving using it and getting crits.

To be fair VoC is the only scout rifle ive consistently used, so I can't really say I'm a big fan of them in the first place

zewone

It's missing two of the best features for VoC - auto and a really big magazine. I also think that solar is more useful than arc (we already have the boss fatebringer for arc), but I also really hate wizards. I also think the perks of the raid scout are more suited for PvP, where no one uses a scout rifle. VoC was also pretty damn stable with Zen. I'm not saying Crota rifle is junk - I want it - it's just not the BEST like VoC/FB were/are/always will be. Almost all of the VoG weapon drops were best in class.

Fang has Field Scout and Perfect Balance. Hive Major damage > Oracle damage

Geneijin

And here I thought they said the mechanics in the story missions will prepare you for the raid :lol

Top Bottom