• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

CROTA STRATEGY USED

1. Bubble with blessing at the crystal

2. Clear trash, make sure everyone is using supers to make a nice reserve of orbs

3. Go to Left side stairs, but do not go out until everyone is ready, heal, heavy synth. Etc. swordbearer does not come out until someone exits the area.

4. 2-3 people on the swordbearer, one Titan with Ghorn and a warlock to make a shit ton of orbs (that player should not use their super at the crystal but save it) to help with healing and supers

5. Rest of the players on the knights in the left tower, do not shoot them immediately, wait for them to take their positions and then fire, firing early will stagger and fuck up path finding and then you may not see them behind there

6. Take out wizard and the swordbearer should go down at the same time, and a Titan should pop a blinding bubble on the left tower to blind the next 2 boomers that will come out usually around the second Crota kneel

7. DPS on Crota, Ghorns all the way, swordbearer does their thing going up the left side rock, we aimed for 3 swords, so you have to be careful you don't do too well (come on Bungie!) in case you leave Crota with too little health and hit the enrage

8. Regroup inside the left area and wait for Crota to move to centre, heal up, pop heavy ammo, etc start doing #4-6 just before he goes centre, don't wait

9. ogres, rush down to the left tower inside since it is the closest, have the team jump up above the doors, suppress ogre with suppression grenade once he comes out the door (they will still melee but should be fine since you are above the door, do not use the coffins, too low). DPS ogre, then be safe and kill the second ogre from that room, a blessing of light bubble is very useful here too

10. Go back to left stairs when safe, ensure Crota is not there, wait if needed

11. Rinse repeat for the last kneels

lt519

I'll join. Got him to a sliver of health multiple times
32 Lock with max horn & BH

You're in, send a friend request to rarbusto. We'll be on a bit before 9 probably just running some bounties. I need 3 black wax idols to get my titan to 32 (was using my hunter last night and we only had one titan so we were struggling) so I'll be on a bit before then farming some.

Ridwald

Coongrats to all the gaffers who ended Crota !

On a lighter note ...

Is anybody interested in running the NF and the weekly ?

PSN : RIDWALD

You're in, send a friend request to rarbusto. We'll be on a bit before 9 probably just running some bounties. I need 3 black wax idols to get my titan to 32 (was using my hunter last night and we only had one titan so we were struggling) so I'll be on a bit before then farming some.

Sounds good, will do

I can't believe weapons are not a guaranteed drop. I got my second Titan helmet, 3 shards and glohoo.

Like 14 hours of Crota and 70 ammo packs later, that's it. Fuck.

The more I read about CE HM, the more I think I'm jut not going to bother with it until the level cap is raised. Sounds like a lot of bullshit for some ok primary weapons that will be mostly used for Nightfalls. Still want that Crux tho.

KxoZz

I wonder how much time bungie spent on the hardmode.
First 2 parts are identical.
Cutting a minute of ir yut is a job of 30 seconds.
gatekeepers were already there in normal - changing the spawnpoint is simple.
The wizard behaviour is already coded since september. It follows the exact same movement pattern as the jumping knight.
Chalice is just removed.
Adding the extra enrage trigger is 1 line of code.

I know there's a lot more behind it and all that, but just the coding can be done in less than an hour by one guy.

I'm not trying to be that guy whos still dissapointed - i'm over it. Just sharing my thoughts i had after i went to bed yesterday.

R0ckman

I've not been keeping up with the thread lately. What's the general consensus on CE HM?

YgKgnYy.gif

darthbob

The wizard behaviour is already coded since september. It follows the exact same movement pattern as the jumping knight.
Chalice is just removed.

I know there's a lot more behind it and all that, but just the coding can be done in less than an hour by one guy.

I'm not trying to be that guy whos still dissapointed - i'm over it. Just sharing my thoughts i had after i went to bed yesterday.

Clearly it took over 40 days for them to implement all of those fantastic additions into HM.

hydruxo

Can't wait to get Word of Crota and the Crux and then never do Hard Mode again. I actually enjoy doing VoG hard still, can't say the same for CE. It just isn't fun.

The more I read about CE HM, the more I think I'm jut not going to bother with it until the level cap is raised. Sounds like a lot of bullshit for some ok primary weapons that will be mostly used for Nightfalls. Still want that Crux tho.
Same here. I want the Crux but i rather do the raid with level 33 gear post HoW dlc

Iceman829

Watching some streams it just seems that HM Crota is only "hard" because of artificial barriers to success. Nerf the players, buff the enemies, etc. Just seems like a lazy job by Bungie and a frustrating experience.

I think everyone would welcome content that is hard for legit reasons - I'm thinking of some of the Dark Souls bosses like Ornstein who were really difficult but a ton of fun and rewarding to defeat. HM Crota seems to be the opposite.

Just a lack of talent / skill and time. You can't build and test a raid in 3 months time after the launch of a game. You can tell how rushed the content is. This game has Halo 2 story written all over it from the start. Things were scrapped and restarted, but they had a deadline of Sept to meet. We got what we got. At this point enjoy the life support we get in between all DLCs. You will beta test each raid in normal mode so bugs (any way you complete the raid) will be analyzed and they will patch before the release of the hard mode.

There is no reason the broken perk to carry more heavy ammo should still be in this game. They clearly demonstrated during the exotic nerf / buff time they can change weapon and gear perks. If this hasn't been working as intended and they can't fix the perk the high level gear should be changed to something that is more useful to the players. Ammo synths can't be used because your inventory is full is a joke and waste of resources to the players. The VoG raid is still a mess and the games servers struggle often (most recently during IB).

I would continue on, but you've probably already heard me say this shit a hundred times while in party chat. It took them awhile to design VoG most likely. CE had a shorter dev as you can tell. HoW probably won't fair much better. I'm sure the last raid they release before Destiny 2 will just be a mashup of all the previous raid bosses in 1 timed battle with no checkpoints at all. It would probably work and be easy for them to copy and paste the code of just the boss fights together. To make it fun you can have Xur making it rain glimmer on the dance floor while Eriss and the reject crew from the tower cheer us on. They can call it Destiny Super Ultra Deluxe Meteor Content Drop as well. You can gain access to this time stream via the reverse gate in VoG.

Chalice is just removed.

And now, for Vault of Glass

First 2 parts are identical
Blinding in the time portals triggers differently.
Copy pasted Mechanic from Templar to Aetheon.

Honestly, the only thing I'm slightly miffed about is the way enrage works, because it seems so odd to fight against. That said, Hard Mode Crota has a lot more going on than VoG ever did.

there capable now sure, but for how long?

when HOW drops and the level cap increases further our beloved 300 weopons will be the equivent of rares, burn damage or not. however CE HM will be a lot easier by then so the guns will be alot easier to obtain. then we can beat our heads against the wall all over again.

Althuogh I swear if the HOW raid HM ( will probably be normal also knowing bungie) is artificiallly difficult due to level capping again, I might be out. I love this game but I constanlty feel pushed away by the very creators of it. as if to say " I dare you to play our game, what? to much of a wuss to do it? dont play it then."
The good news is that they datamined Crota's End early and it was 30/33 and the datamine for the Arena says 32/34. I'm sure there will be room to tweak it before launch, but it bodes well that we won't be bashing our heads against this artificial difficulty next time.

Chalice is just removed.

Lets be honesty, we all know Bungie is working super hard. I know they will increase the vault space, fix the heavy ammo bug, fix the lag issues, add more weapons. They did so much work, its gonna be call Destiny 2 and we have to paid them another $60 before another amazing and hard work expansion such as The Dark Below.

Need one more for Crota HM starting in 20 mins
Lets be honesty, we all know Bungie is working super hard. I know they will increase the vault space, fix the heavy ammo bug, fix the lag issues, add more weapons. They did so much work, its gonna be call Destiny 2 and we have to paid them another $60 before another amazing and hard work expansion such as The Dark Below.
Hey, so wanna "Raid" the chalice dungeon once bloodborne is out? :p

Top Bottom