• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

LiK

Yeah, hence why people are upset. It's artificial difficulty. It's not difficult because the encounter was well thought out, it's cheap.

All the shit they added would be fine as a challenge if they weren't lvl 33. Would've been more fun than frustrating.

E92 M3

It would be fair if the fight was on our level, now it's actually cheap. If we were on the same level, it would still be challenging with all of the new additions.

Steroyd

Wat.

Sure, but that also means that at 32 the hard raid would be trivial and not hard at all.

Which is a problem in itself, Atheon still needed teamwork even if everyone is the same level as Atheon, this raid is designed that Bungie had to have the raid cheat the levelling system to pose a challange rather than implement mechanics that required extra layers of teamwork to accomplish.

zewone

corta was fun as hell tuesday. yesterday, today? Not so much, the crota fight was not fun on hard, was frustrating and a chore.

It's not fun. I'm swearing off of it once I get the Word of Crota and maybe the Crux of Crota.

I just think people are letting the game bother them too much. If the group you're with can't beat it in 2+ hours it's time to find a different group or come back later when there's an easier strategy. Don't let the game get the best of you.

noomi

It's not fun. I'm swearing off of it once I get the Word of Crota and maybe the Crux of Crota.

I just think people are letting the game bother them too much. If the group you're with can't beat it in 2+ hours it's time to find a different group or come back later when there's an easier strategy. Don't let the game get the best of you.

Same here, once I collect all the weapons I'm done with hard crota. Crux can wait...

Is it even worth this though? It doesn't seem all that great in the first place. And crux seems like a really rare drop anyway

SonComet

Attempted Crota HM last night. It was pretty brutal at first, but the group came together and we made it all the way to Crota. I shockingly was awarded the pulse rifle and auto rifle. I have yet to get a heavy weapon drop off of normal mode Crota... I agree with the sentiments that the changes to the raid are cheap and just not fun. But I'll still be excited to hopefully take down Crota later in the week :).

Wat.

Which is a problem in itself, Atheon still needed teamwork even if everyone is the same level as Atheon, this raid is designed that Bungie had to have the raid cheat the levelling system to pose a challange rather than implement mechanics that required extra layers of teamwork to accomplish.

That's what most annoying. There's no new mechanics.

- No chalice. Can you do something during the fight to get a chalice or regen health? No. Better find very specific gear to help you with that. :/

- Gatekeeper during the fight. Do you get something if you kill it? No. So it's there just to stop us from going to the "safe room". You're supposed to just avoid it during the whole fight. :/

- Major boomers. Tons of health. Take forever to down. Want some piece of mind to actually see whats going on in the battle instead of just jumping around like a maniac all the time? Just kill them. In that case have a wizard for your trouble. :/

- Panic enrage. You're finnaly beating Crota! Here's an enrage/oversoul last second "mechanic". Just make sure to time things right so you dont loose the sword at this point..

zewone

Is it even worth this though? It doesn't seem all that great in the first place. And crux seems like a really rare drop anyway

Probably not, but I'm going to run the HM Crota with my regular raid group soon. I'll see how they feel about it. If they want to get the guns, I'd help them run it.

Dwalls

Neo Member
Here's what I hate; the Crota fight just makes people angry at eachother. (not withstanding the aggravating glitches, and lag which lately has been incredibly bad). There is virtually no room for any single member of your team to fuckup. It's incredibly hard to pick up slack for anyone. Combine this with the fact that the entire experience is pointless unless you beat it since you get no xp, glimmer or anything. If you atleast received the glimmer to fund further attempts so you can purchase a 20 stack every so many wipes, it'd be slightly better. But the fact is that wiping repeatedly for 10 hours just costs you somewhere in the region of 120 heavy synths, and you don't even fire most of those rockets, they get eaten by the heavy ammo glitch which is still in - is seriously ruining the experience. Then there's the fact that the time between wipes tends to be super short, you're literally wiping every 10 to 20 kills - even if you're succesful most of your time is spent avoiding enemies instead of actively engaging them. You can't go toe to toe solo with any enemy besides the thrall and the acolytes, the hallowed knights take 5 or 6 fully upgraded black hammer headshots to kill, Furthermore the timing for the encounter is super tight, so any latency is virtually disasterous, meaning you kind of start disliking your party members with bad connections - because they're literally making the encounter more difficult. It honestly feels like Bungie doesn't play their own games and has no idea how the tweaks they make affect the gameplay. Crota's end is not fun, it removes the visceral feeling of the gunplay and turns all of your guns into paintballs for the sake of faked difficulty. It's not a fun co-op experience where people can chip in and help each other out, it polarizes your entire party, sends frustration skyrocketing and has people on the verge of rage quitting for 90% of the run.

:]

When trying to kill Hard Mode Crota before Ogres.
ALL Titans should follow your sword bearer to the rocks. You can easily Gjallarhorn from there when the time comes and the more orbs the better. You don't have to leave the rocks either. Just hug the top to avoid Crota blasts as he moves. Jump down to kill the sword keeper... profit!

That gave me a laugh. I believe™ there's a Metallica song about this.

Good to join us around 8ish tonight?

zewone

- Panic enrage. You're finnaly beating Crota! Here's an enrage/oversoul last second "mechanic". Just make sure to time things right so you dont loose the sword at this point..

This is my favorite, because after we finally figured out how to best deal with boomers, wizards and ogres we are greeted with an unexpected enrage. This was the one that almost broke me until we figured out how to manage it.

All of our jokes came true in CE HM. Add a Wizard, they did. Add a GK, they did. Take chalice away, they did.

Yeah seriously. Lol

The difficulty just spikes like crazy when you get to him. Taking away the chalice I don't really like cause it was an interesting mechanic that they added only to take away. They could have done more interesting things with it.

Deku Tree

If they're stupid enough to do that twice I'm out too. Bloodborne will be out around then anyways.

That was really the worst system anyone could have ever devised. I get why they did it. They want to welcome new players and make new players feel like they are not "too far behind to jump in" but they did it at the price of just royally screwing their dedicated players. I am OK with the ReXurBish requirement but don't make me revel from zero and re-unlock all the perks again.

Dwalls

Neo Member
Here's what I hate; the Crota fight just makes people angry at eachother. (not withstanding the aggravating glitches, and lag which lately has been incredibly bad). There is virtually no room for any single member of your team to fuckup. It's incredibly hard to pick up slack for anyone. Combine this with the fact that the entire experience is pointless unless you beat it since you get no xp, glimmer or anything. If you atleast received the glimmer to fund further attempts so you can purchase a 20 stack every so many wipes, it'd be slightly better. But the fact is that wiping repeatedly for 10 hours just costs you somewhere in the region of 120 heavy synths, and you don't even fire most of those rockets, they get eaten by the heavy ammo glitch which is still in - is seriously ruining the experience. Then there's the fact that the time between wipes tends to be super short, you're literally wiping every 10 to 20 kills - even if you're succesful most of your time is spent avoiding enemies instead of actively engaging them. You can't go toe to toe solo with any enemy besides the thrall and the acolytes, the hallowed knights take 5 or 6 fully upgraded black hammer headshots to kill, Furthermore the timing for the encounter is super tight, so any latency is virtually disasterous, meaning you kind of start disliking your party members with bad connections - because they're literally making the encounter more difficult. It honestly feels like Bungie doesn't play their own games and has no idea how the tweaks they make affect the gameplay. Crota's end is not fun, it removes the visceral feeling of the gunplay and turns all of your guns into paintballs for the sake of faked difficulty. It's not a fun co-op experience where people can chip in and help each other out, it polarizes your entire party, sends frustration skyrocketing and has people on the verge of rage quitting for 90% of the run.

Oh and I forgot the best part, dealing with this frustration is not going to be worth it in the end because this is the hardest content in the game. What are you going to do with the loot it gives you besides run crota again? And you're not going to use those guns because they're pointlessly weak. And they'll be rendered irrelevant by the house of wolves DLC. At this point you might as well wait for house of wolves and come back when this content is trivial and just run it for completionisms sake.

rNilla

It will look fantastic with your new Glowhoo shader.

Not bad. Shame about that purple cloak though.

QSXBExV.jpg

b9EDCjI.jpg

They'll probably keep the exotic shard system in place but update the loot tables and Xur's upgrade inventory with the new att/def levels for the exotics.

Still have to reupgrade from Xur, I bet.

E92 M3

It just seems like Bungie doesn't want to put in any extra development time for unique features and options. Everything is kinda phoned in with minimal effort. Maybe all of their efforts are on Destiny 2? Things like not upgrading only the last 3 nodes, or having a unique speeder for Crota are signs of just not caring. Maybe I'm wrong - definitely not a software developer. Some kind of bureaucratic problems are going on in there.

Sullichin

Xur must be so confusing to new players considering you can "upgrade" a 331 damage exotic from him and now there's no way for new players to get the old exotics. Personally I've upgraded everything I wanted for weeks now and that part of Xur's menu is useless, and I didn't even go crazy upgrading stuff. Really hoping they don't pull that again. The difference between 300-3331ATTK doesn't even feel like much. For such a minor bump we should only have to unlock the damage upgrades and not the perks again. Or just keep the max attack value at 331, that's fine

Qwell

Oh and I forgot the best part, dealing with this frustration is not going to be worth it in the end because this is the hardest content in the game. What are you going to do with the loot it gives you besides run crota again? And you're not going to use those guns because they're pointlessly weak. And they'll be rendered irrelevant by the house of wolves DLC. At this point you might as well wait for house of wolves and come back when this content is trivial and just run it for completionisms sake.
This is actually what I was thinking as well, I really just want the Word of Crota for Void Burns as I'm sure its better than Atheon's Epilogue. I haven't attempted HM Crota yet, but it sounds pretty tough especially with the already tight restrictions. I mean just this week I was running a normal with a bunch of 32's and the timing was off just enough that we kept wiping, for a good amount of time, yet my run earlier in the week almost the same team makeup it was 1 run and done. And HM Crota with an even tighter amount of timing ... uggg...

Lnkn52

Xur must be so confusing to new players considering you can "upgrade" a 331 damage exotic from him and now there's no way for new players to get the old exotics. Personally I've upgraded everything I wanted for weeks now and that part of Xur's menu is useless, and I didn't even go crazy upgrading stuff. Really hoping they don't pull that again. The difference between 300-3331ATTK doesn't even feel like much. For such a minor bump we should only have to unlock the damage upgrades and not the perks again. Or just keep the max attack value at 331, that's fine

It's just a system placed for the next DLC, continuing to upgrade those exotics.

rNilla

Xur must be so confusing to new players considering you can "upgrade" a 331 damage exotic from him and now there's no way for new players to get the old exotics.

A bunch of people have posted in here with that confusion. Some even reset their 331s by mistake. :(

If anyone is doing anything CE related and would like an extra body, let me know. I'd be happy to come along.

Psn same as gaf.

Looks like I'm still looking for a group =/ Anyone? Full HM run or Crota, I can do both.

Anyone need one more looking to kill Crota?

Any Crota kill teams looking for one more? Or any HM CE from start happening? I got alts.

Should we start our own?

Top Bottom