• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

HM Crota (starting as soon as we are full)

1. Cosmos Man
3. Kor of Memory
4. Hzoltan969
5. T44
6. Decarb

It seems we are full. Is this ok for everyone?

EDIT: Minime is out. Need one more.

Sorry I didn't know you guys were doing it, was busy helping one group with bridge part.

LiK

Is the reaction this negative amongst other Destiny communities or is it just us that have come away disappointed?

the way they designed CE HM is just punishing. It's not a fun kind of punishing. It's fuck you punishing. having all the pressure on the sword master was already an issue but HM makes it even harder for sword masters in general.

we already have no revives and get punished with Oversoul whenever someone dies. so taking away the Chalice was just upping the difficulty beyond what I would even consider remotely fair. I never felt this way about VoG on HM.

darthbob

Bungie delayed HM just to see what strategies people were using in Normal, imo. Everything was kinda done on the fly. I bet if they released it at the same time as Normal, it would've only been lvl 33 enemies with no changes in the encounters.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the reason HM was delayed was so that we the players could do QA for CE and discover all the cheeses so that they could be patched out prior to HM.

Don't care what Bungie or Deej says, that's the real reason HM was delayed and we all know it.

All I really want is a primary weapon of each elemental damage type so I can tear up Nightfalls that have Void/Arc/Solar Burn. Beyond that, who really cares?

I don't see the point in banging your head against the hard mode Crota when you'll be just as capable in Nightfalls with a Mythoclast, Fatebringer, Atheon's Epilogue, etc.

there capable now sure, but for how long?

when HOW drops and the level cap increases further our beloved 300 weopons will be the equivent of rares, burn damage or not. however CE HM will be a lot easier by then so the guns will be alot easier to obtain. then we can beat our heads against the wall all over again.

Althuogh I swear if the HOW raid HM ( will probably be normal also knowing bungie) is artificiallly difficult due to level capping again, I might be out. I love this game but I constanlty feel pushed away by the very creators of it. as if to say " I dare you to play our game, what? to much of a wuss to do it? dont play it then."

blazeuk

I just want to beat Crota once in HM and never again. i'll stick with the first section only and do the rest in Normal. CE HM is a fucking chore. Not fun.

That's basically how I feel about it right now, I never thought much of CE on normal, but hard mode is just ridiculous, I'll happily never play this raid again after this.

Destiny |OT16| Forever Stuck in the Darkness
Destiny |OT16| Enrage Plague
Destiny |OT16| A Wild Sword... Disappears?
Destiny |OT16| You're so fat it takes 5 ghosts to revive you.
Destiny |OT16| Normal mode is the new Test mode.
Destiny |OT16+1| We'll show you our Failsafe.
Destiny |OT16| The Gatekeeper ate my Chalice
Destiny |OT16| You can keep your vault space, Bungie

Destiny |OT16| Forever Stuck in the Darkness
Destiny |OT16| Enrage Plague
Destiny |OT16| A Wild Sword... Disappears?
Destiny |OT16| You're so fat it takes 5 ghosts to revive you.
Destiny |OT16| Normal mode is the new Test mode.
Destiny |OT16+1| We'll show you our Failsafe.
Destiny |OT16| The Gatekeeper ate my Chalice
Destiny |OT16| You can keep your vault space, Bungie

Hahaha @ You're so fat...

Bravo... this is the one...

+1

lt519

Hey all, we lost one guy from last night for our HM Crota Kill due to marital obligations (not getting a divorce for playing too much Destiny).

Need one more for tonight at 9EST to finish it off. We got down to 1/4 health but didn't have a strategy for the Ogres but do now. To give you an idea of the skill level we made it to Crota in an hour without any cheese and only wiped at the thrall pit.

Right now it's going to be 2 titans, 2 hunters and a warlock all level 32. Mostly with Gallahorns (except me ): ) and Suros. Titan has Helm of Saint 14. So basically we are ready to rock this out quick (and even have a second Crota kill checkpoint if we are that good).

Need to be familiar with the strategy, preferably a horn, and some patience to not get frustrated.

Ps4/Psn: rarbusto

1. HidingMyThunder
2. Cybrwzrd
3. EroticSushi
4. rarbusto
5. Hibano23
6. ?????

Axoman

I look forward to today's weekly update where get to hear, "We're battling Crota right along side of you!" "It is so great to see such a strong community response." "The CE raid on hardmode is the ultimate challenge for only the strongest fireteams." "We hear your voices and our community is really important. We are planning some hotfixes for the CE HM Raid. Some of these hotfixes include; Gatekeeper tracking more aggressively, wizards spawning after each boomer kill, boomer range increased, boomers can no longer be blinded or suppressed, Crota enrage now RNG, fixed glitch where weapons were dropping at abyss and bridge, fixed glitch health regen through orbs and abilities was regening health. Eat dick guardians."

I think you pretty much nailed today's update, but you forgot "here are the first teams to beat CE hard mode!."

Hey all, we lost one guy from last night for our HM Crota Kill due to marital obligations (not getting a divorce for playing too much Destiny).

Need one more for tonight at 9EST to finish it off. We got down to 1/4 health but didn't have a strategy for the Ogres but do now. To give you an idea of the skill level we made it to Crota in an hour without any cheese and only wiped at the thrall pit.

Right now it's going to be 2 titans, 2 hunters and a warlock all level 32. Mostly with Gallahorns (except me ): ) and Suros. Titan has Helm of Saint 14. So basically we are ready to rock this out quick (and even have a second Crota kill checkpoint if we are that good).

Need to be familiar with the strategy, preferably a horn, and some patience to not get frustrated.

Ps4/Psn: rarbusto

1. HidingMyThunder
2. Cybrwzrd
3. EroticSushi
4. rarbusto
5. Hibano23
6. ?????

I'll join. Got him to a sliver of health multiple times
32 Lock with max horn & BH

gatti-man

More like...how spoiled we've become :p

Hard mode has only been out for a little over 24hrs. We'll have it on autopilot in no time :)

Yeah I agree. The first two fazes of CE hm drop weapons and are pretty easy. My pickup group one shotted both last night but we couldn't beat Crota. I'm sure with a group of people I normally play with we can beat him and you don't HAVE to beat Crota hm every week over and over. There isn't much there. You can still get all your gear in normal mode.

Just relax and if you don't like hard mode then don't do it. You aren't gimping yourself really.

I personally think Crota hard mode boss fight is annoying bullshit but it doesn't bother me much because I'm going to run it until I get the shader ship and speeder then I'm out.

Top Bottom