• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

LTWood12

I was gonna spend energy on my Black Hammer but then I realize that it doesn't have Hive Disruptor which would have been fucking useful with the ogres. I don't even care if it negated White Nail.

yeah i didn't either. people way overreacted to it in the first place.

Anecdotal? Who gives a damn? It's a BUG!

I don't understand your point.

Bugs are obviously bad, bugs that are more prominent are badder.

Overall, it seems that the bugs from CE are not as prominent, thus are not as bad as the VoG bugs.

I'm not saying we should just suck it up. I'm saying it's easier to work around than what we've delt with in the past.

Not sure why you're being a jerk about it.

It's more about the severity of bugs, not the amount. Disappearing sword glitch when under leveled is way worse than anything in VoG.

I'm pretty sure Aethon still hold the belt for worst bug. Having a detainment shield put around you, to only then be teleported and thus instantly killed seems a lot worse than a missing sword. Waiting for another sword isn't out of the question.

zewone

http://youtu.be/QrY9eHkXTa4

What: Team Dr Dezztinay Road to Redemption

When: 4pm EST-ish

Who:

1.) Scrub 1
2.) Scrub 2: iRawr
3.) Scrub 3: Casmith
4.) Scrub 4: Mattiator
5.) Scrub 5: Steroyd
6.) Scrub 6: Yzen

Scrubbiness listed in order of time zone difference from the correct time zone (EST).

Pretty sure everyone is confirmed but just post/PM/PSN if you can't make it then.

It's more about the severity of bugs, not the amount. Disappearing sword glitch when under leveled is way worse than anything in VoG.
Good luck to you all. If you can overcome flawless in it's glitchiest form, you got this.

R0ckman

I don't understand your point.

Bugs are obviously bad, bugs that are more prominent are badder.

Overall, it seems that the bugs from CE are not as prominent, thus are not as bad as the VoG bugs.

I'm not saying we should just suck it up. I'm saying it's easier to work around than what we've delt with in the past.

Not sure why you're being a jerk about it.

How am I being the jerk when you are obviously implying, "if it's not my problem, it's not a big deal"?

Like I said, Anecdotes and what not.

I've heard people say they've seen a lot of bugs, and I've heard people say they've seen none to minimal.

I still hold my original position, though. VoG was way buggier. Not only did you see a bug every Aetheon attempt, chances are you saw one every time he teleported people.

Difference is that, with Atheon, you could overcome the bugs and it wasn't a necessary wipe. I know some people who actually like the bugs because it made the fight a little more interesting once it had become trivial. I just don't think that will happen with HM CE. The fight may become easier as our strategy improves but the timing necessary is such that you'll just have to wait for a bug-less run to take him down. Most of the bugs in CE lead to a necessary wipe.

So I leveled up my Word of Crota today and I gotta say... very disappointing.

My biggest problem is that the phantom gift perk is useless. If you use explosive rounds the perk never triggers since the explosive damage interrupts the 3 precision shots chain.

This is really annoying because the perk description says "rapidly landing 3 precision shots will return 1 round to the mag", when in reality it requires "rapidly landing 3 precision shots in a row..." That means any other damage between shots (explosive or hive disruptor) negates the perk, same as Black Hammer.

Really hope this is fixed soon.

LiK

My biggest problem is that the phantom gift perk is useless. If you use explosive rounds the perk never triggers since the explosive damage interrupts the 3 precision shots chain.

This is really annoying because the perk description says "rapidly landing 3 precision shots will return 1 round to the mag", when in reality it requires "rapidly landing 3 precision shots in a row..." That means any other damage between shots (explosive or hive disruptor) negates the perk, same as Black Hammer.

another bug? lol

blackflag

Who:

1.) Scrub 1

Scrubbiness listed in order of time zone difference from the correct time zone (EST).

Pretty sure everyone is confirmed but just post/PM/PSN if you can't make it then.

I think I have an hour at least. I may have a meeting at I think it's 5pm est:( teleconference

I'll bring titan

Namikaze1

I'm gonna test out my Crux of Crota theory later. I hope my team forgives me for using Eidolon Ally during the fight. Nami needs his Necrochasm.

Geneijin

It's always been like that unfortunately. They added "rapidly" to try and indicate that ever since they reworded the Cleansing Light bounty for example, but alas...

R0ckman

You're going to have to show me where I said that...

By arguing under the concept of these bugs being anecdotal, you are saying that it's not a big deal, otherwise you would simply take the stance of this being another bug that needs to be fixed, nothing more, nothing less. I have seen the disappearing sword bug MANY times, arguably at the same rate as the portal glitch in VoG.

Steroyd

I'm pretty sure Aethon still hold the belt for worst bug. Having a detainment shield put around you, to only then be teleported and thus instantly killed seems a lot worse than a missing sword. Waiting for another sword isn't out of the question.

Oh yes it is in this form, no sword screws up the timing of everything and you're likely to hit the enrage timer fishing out Ogre's maybe more than once.

With Atheon as long as you have 4 people alive you can still soldier on, which is the core difference.

You know you're never doing this again once you get Word of Crota. I just want to at least get that gun before giving up the Deathsinger and Crota portions of the raid until I get the AR.

But what if that doesn't happen today?

tumblr_inline_nijxw2dUfB1sywmf3.gif

It still enrages if you don't get him to 10% same timer as normal.

Okay, but how many videos have you seen taking down Crota on Hard Mode involve dealing with Ogres a second time? It seems approaching the timer based enrage is pretty rare, thus, you have time to miss a sword.

By arguing under the concept of these bugs being anecdotal, you are saying that it's not a big deal, otherwise you would simply take the stance of this being another bug that needs to be fixed, nothing more, nothing less. I have seen the disappearing sword bug MANY times, arguably at the same rate as the portal glitch in VoG.

I never said, nor implied that it wasn't a big deal. All I ever said was that they seem to be less frequent compared to Vault of Glass. That's it. I'm not trying to belittle anyone's personal experience, just making an observation.

I feel like you just want someone to argue with here, but I've yet to actually disagree with you.

I'm thinking the ideal team would be a mixture of:

• 2x Saint Helm Bubble Titans with SUROS/Red Death
  • 3x Apothesis Veil Sunsingers with Gjallarhorns
  • 1x Hunter with blink strike for Sword.

I would prefer to have a Red Death to try out (why did I never buy it?!?) but I've never actually quantified how much health a SUROS Regime returns. In fact, I forgot it even did.

oh wait, I missed Grave and Hawk's post about this? darn it
Tl;dr verison
Grave " all these glitches, bugs and bullshit level scaling are a poor design"
Hawk " I understand your pov but I feel out of touch with the comminuty, grave should handle the community thread now since he's more I touch with everyone"

Waiting for another sword isn't out of the question.

Completely true every day but normal release day, and to a lesser extend HM release day. We should have killed him so many runs that we fucked up, a tiny sliver left. We knew exactly what to do and should have finished it but every run that we didn't ruin was ruined by a disappearing sword and/or terrible lag. I think most of the runs ruined by Crota standing up at different times for different people are due to lag but there could also be glitchiness involved as it seems (anecdotal) to be worse since the anti-not-cheese-cheese patch.

I've been on record as saying (imho of course) VoG glitchiness is exaggerated in certain respects. Maybe I'll go into more detail at some point if I can, gotta get ready to run again soon though. Just my 2 cents as someone who has
sadly
probably spent more time raiding than anyone here.

Who:

1.) Scrub 1

Are you streaming driz? We will get all of Destiny gaf to cheer you on!

joecanada

Difference is that, with Atheon, you could overcome the bugs and it wasn't a necessary wipe. I know some people who actually like the bugs because it made the fight a little more interesting once it had become trivial. I just don't think that will happen with HM CE. The fight may become easier as our strategy improves but the timing necessary is such that you'll just have to wait for a bug-less run to take him down. Most of the bugs in CE lead to a necessary wipe.

That's not really true. In VoG hard, Oracles would be invincible, wipe. Containment kills you, wipe. Atheon teleports one dude, wipe. Portal puts you in random place, wipe.

I'm actually unsure of any vog glitches that don't at least kill one person which is almost a wipe every time

LiK

Tl;dr verison
Grave " all these glitches, bugs and bullshit level scaling are a poor design"
Hawk " I understand your pov but I feel out of touch with the comminuty, grave should handle the community thread now since he's more I touch with everyone"

sounds like some drama. thanks

zewone

Okay, but how many videos have you seen taking down Crota on Hard Mode involve dealing with Ogres a second time? It seems approaching the timer based enrage is pretty rare, thus, you have time to miss a sword.

We got to a second set of Ogres. Enrage is right around this time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm thinking the ideal team would be a mixture of:

• 2x Saint Helm Bubble Titans with SUROS/Red Death
  • 3x Apothesis Veil Sunsingers with Gjallarhorns
  • 1x Hunter with blink strike for Sword.

I would prefer to have a Red Death to try out (why did I never buy it?!?) but I've never actually quantified how much health a SUROS Regime returns. In fact, I forgot it even did.

I'm pretty sure Suros fills it up. I was at full health almost always for that fight.

Top Bottom