• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Where does that teal color come from, anyway? What about the Hive is teal

Crota, Son of Motherfucking Oryx, is pretty teal.

destiny.jpg

recks

Yeah I saved it, will upload it later. That's what we do:

1. Clear the adds on both sides
2. Regroup at left door
3. Get out jump to center ledge and nuke the swordbearer
4. Sniper only kills the boomer close to Crota, so no wizards spawns
4,5. Sword user call rockets and hits him x2
5. Sword user runs inside building and taunts crota
5,5. Everyone goes to the left ledge (Titan bubble helps here)
6. When crota moves to the center nuke the Swordbearer again
7. Repeat phase 4.
8. Everyone runs to right side and kill the ogres (It's ok if you only kill 1)
9. When crota goes middle team rotates to left side and clean up adds / ogres
10. Wait till crota moves center again and repeat 4.

Quoting for new page, if anyone wants a crota strat.

Yeah I saved it, will upload it later. That's what we do:

1. Clear the adds on both sides
2. Regroup at left door
3. Get out jump to center ledge and nuke the swordbearer
4. Sniper only kills the boomer close to Crota, so no wizards spawns
4,5. Sword user call rockets and hits him x2
5. Sword user runs inside building and taunts crota
5,5. Everyone goes to the left ledge (Titan bubble helps here)
6. When crota moves to the center nuke the Swordbearer again
7. Repeat phase 4.
8. Everyone runs to right side and kill the ogres (It's ok if you only kill 1)
9. When crota goes middle team rotates to left side and clean up adds / ogres
10. Wait till crota moves center again and repeat 4.

Step 5, which building are you talking about?

I saw another interesting strategy that had a Titan throwing a bubble in the boomer's window while the sword bearer does his/her thing. Boomers are unable to hit the sword bearer since the bubble is in the way.

cilonen

Maybe its Necrochasm...even so, your statement still applies!

Haha, thinking about my statement and Nami's earlier promise to use it on Crota to try and get Crux of Crota - I would love it if it was some kind of Anti-Crota super weapon and we'd all overlooked it the whole time.

zewone

Link? I want to see it in action in PvP... Does it actually help?

Short answer: No.

I only played two matches and I could only find a short clip of it even working as intended. The guy jumps down and the mark allows me to find him about a second earlier than I would have.

I was playing in skirmish solo so I'm not sure if it's visible to my teammates, I'd wager they could see it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntgDpz3qVnk

cilonen

I only played two matches and I could only find a short clip of it even working as intended. The guy jumps down and the mark allows me to find him about a second earlier than I would have.

I was playing in skirmish solo so I'm not sure if it's visible to my teammates, I'd wager they could see if though.

Is it similar to Thorn in that you can see where the target runs to by following the damage trail? I couldn't really tell what it was doing from your video.

Jinjo

Stumbled upon these pretty interesting Destiny lore video's. Thought they were worth sharing. It's a shame Bungie didn't put any real effort at all in actually telling us the Destiny lore/story. Some of the stuff sounds pretty cool.

cilonen

Stumbled upon these pretty interesting Destiny lore video's. Thought they were worth sharing. It's a shame Bungie didn't put any real effort at all in actually telling us the Destiny lore/story. Some of the stuff sounds pretty cool.

Oh, thanks! Even with the Grimoire some of the seeming contradictions in all of this backstory is driving me crazy.

Jinjo

I'm bringing in an unused Embalming Orb against Crota tomorrow
still no Husk :()
. Will report back if something happens.

it won't

Oh, thanks! Even with the Grimoire some of the seeming contradictions in all of this backstory is driving me crazy.

Haha, can't comment on that since I'm not too well-versed in the Destiny lore, but his delivery of the story is pretty cool and interesting. And actually surprisingly coherent.

I was playing in skirmish solo so I'm not sure if it's visible to my teammates, I'd wager they could see it though.

Well fuck. That is terrible. Thorn is 100% better cos you can see thier position through obstacles and damage them at the same time.

I stand by what I said before. This scout rifle is useless execpt to those who don't have Fatebringers/ or those who SR fans. (And those people like you who get bored of FB haha)

Jinjo

Well fuck. That is terrible. Thorn is 100% better cos you can see thier position through obstacles and damage them at the same time.

I stand by what I said before. This scout rifle is useless execpt to those who don't have Fatebringers/ or those who SR fans. (And those people like you who get bored of FB haha)

You should be using Spray and Play in the first place anyway. Love that perk.

Also, Thorn is an exotic. Offcourse it's gonna be better.

zewone

Is it similar to Thorn in that you can see where the target runs to by following the damage trail? I couldn't really tell what it was doing from your video.

It just puts a tall green light over the targets head. I was hoping for something that showed their postion through walls, but Thorn does a better job of that. This is just a legendary though. The gun itself behaves exactly like VoC in PVP and PVE, so, if you're a fan of that gun, you'll like this one.

There's no DOT so no. The best you'll get is being able to see the green glow above their head if they're hiding behind low cover. Still not sure what the usefulness of the perk is at all.

So I leveled up my Word of Crota today and I gotta say... very disappointing.

My biggest problem is that the phantom gift perk is useless. If you use explosive rounds the perk never triggers since the explosive damage interrupts the 3 precision shots chain.

This is really annoying because the perk description says "rapidly landing 3 precision shots will return 1 round to the mag", when in reality it requires "rapidly landing 3 precision shots in a row..." That means any other damage between shots (explosive or hive disruptor) negates the perk, same as Black Hammer.

Really hope this is fixed soon.

Holy shit. Did anyone bother trying to use these guns? Just swap in firefly and be done with it.

CROTA STRATEGY USED

1. Bubble with blessing at the crystal

2. Clear trash, make sure everyone is using supers to make a nice reserve of orbs

3. Go to Left side stairs, but do not go out until everyone is ready, heal, heavy synth. Etc. swordbearer does not come out until someone exits the area.

4. 2-3 people on the swordbearer, one Titan with Ghorn and a warlock to make a shit ton of orbs (that player should not use their super at the crystal but save it) to help with healing and supers

5. Rest of the players on the knights in the left tower, do not shoot them immediately, wait for them to take their positions and then fire, firing early will stagger and fuck up path finding and then you may not see them behind there

6. Take out wizard and the swordbearer should go down at the same time, and a Titan should pop a blinding bubble on the left tower to blind the next 2 boomers that will come out usually around the second Crota kneel

7. DPS on Crota, Ghorns all the way, swordbearer does their thing going up the left side rock, we aimed for 3 swords, so you have to be careful you don't do too well (come on Bungie!) in case you leave Crota with too little health and hit the enrage

8. Regroup inside the left area and wait for Crota to move to centre, heal up, pop heavy ammo, etc start doing #4-6 just before he goes centre, don't wait

9. ogres, rush down to the left tower inside since it is the closest, have the team jump up above the doors, suppress ogre with suppression grenade once he comes out the door (they will still melee but should be fine since you are above the door, do not use the coffins, too low). DPS ogre, then be safe and kill the second ogre from that room, a blessing of light bubble is very useful here too

10. Go back to left stairs when safe, ensure Crota is not there, wait if needed

11. Rinse repeat for the last kneels

Posting again. This is a very good conservative method.

You should be using Spray and Play in the first place anyway. Love that perk.

Also, Thorn is an exotic. Offcourse it's gonna be better.

Well thorn is the closest thing that also 'tags' players. And an exotic doesn't always mean better (okay yes in this case).

About the perk it's not a big deal (at least to me) as I'll use Fatebringer when it's arc time and the Rapier when I need distance and damage... I'm not a big fan of SRs in the first place. Only liked VoC cos auto + big mag + solar.

I think I would have given it more of a chance of its tagged were more a la battlefield

Ahahah i've played so much that I hear thralls when i close my eyes.

Also my exotic collection is complete thanks to the 4th horseman crota dropped

Congrats Dhruv and crew! I knew yall would get it.

More kills today so that's great news, even though most are still burnt out.

Thanks, I hope you get your kill soon. Use the strategy cosmos posted, thats what we did.

123rl

Anyone want to do a Raid tonight? Xbox One version.

Not necessarily Hard mode as I'm only 30 but I need some Ascendant Shards. Some Raid gear would go nicely too

zewone

Well thorn is the closest thing that also 'tags' players. And an exotic doesn't always mean better (okay yes in this case).

About the perk it's not a big deal (at least to me) as I'll use Fatebringer when it's arc time and the Rapier when I need distance and damage... I'm not a big fan of SRs in the first place. Only liked VoC cos auto + big mag + solar.

I think I would have given it more of a chance of its tagged were more a la battlefield

I was hoping for an effect like that or actually highlighted their whole body like Splinter Cell or something.

I'll stick to spray and pray.

Rhaegar

Anyone want to do a Raid tonight? Xbox One version.

Not necessarily Hard mode as I'm only 30 but I need some Ascendant Shards. Some Raid gear would go nicely too

I'll probably be raiding, but am on Pacific time and have to put kids to bed first, so might be on kinda late. Keep me in mind though, GT is Ev0lved1.

Ahahah i've played so much that i'm hear thralls when i close my eyes.

Also my exotic collection is complete thanks to the 4th horseman crota dropped

Thanks, I hope you get your kill soon. Use the strategy cosmos posted, thats what we did.

:D

I think a lot were just overwhelmed from the straight hours and frustrations poured in mixed with the random elements of lag/bugs. I knew a break would help. I just have the can't quit attitude until it's done and it did me in haha but definitely ready to end crota tonight

Hahaha I know what you mean. I feel like any second I have to shoot an oversoul in the sky X_X

Top Bottom