• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

My eyes are throbbing >_<

I'm going on a break. I don't find this fun and the rewards are not worth the effort ( yay I look like a glow-worm )

I may have slayed Crota but the darkness got this guardian.

recks

Crota down again, didn't even wipe this time and got the Scout Rifle :D

Think we have a really good strat, no need for Titans bubbles at all.

Like I said, Anecdotes and what not.

I've heard people say they've seen a lot of bugs, and I've heard people say they've seen none to minimal.

I still hold my original position, though. VoG was way buggier. Not only did you see a bug every Aetheon attempt, chances are you saw one every time he teleported people.

Ok so it's lessy buggy but that doesn't mean anything. It's still buggy and annoying. Especially in a difficult encounter the last thing you want is a bug to fuck things up while you're having a good run.

Last three weeks of this game have been awesome for me, starting with getting Suros Regime @ Atheon, then the Ice Breaker went on sale again. I got the Vex Methoclyst from Atheon last week, and this week I get the Gylahorn (sic) from Nightfall and Atheons Epiloge from the raid. Hopefully I get the Black Hammer from Crota.

I know everyone here is hot about the hard mode, but Is there a good (<-- key word here...there's plenty of raid videos, but most of them are garbage) tutorial video for Crota's End normally. Like one where people discuss proper strategy? I want to do it with a pick up group and not seem like an idiot. Also, it might be good to at least know what the cheese methods are (if they still exist?)

Just jump on a group here and let them know it's your first. Most have done normal so much it's a breeze, and most people I've played with on GAF were good about slowing down to explain stuff. I got a feeling a lot more normal CE raids will be running after people get tired of hard in a couple days. Hawkian does a newbie raid on Thursdays, every other week it's CE, and he does a wonderful job explaining things.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

I'm going on a break. I don't find this fun and the rewards are not worth the effort ( yay I look like a glow-worm )

We need to do it for Cosmos as well. I kinda feel bad he wasn't there when we kicked Crota's ass. Might do one run on Sunday.

gdt

Need 1 for HM Crota. Alllllmost had him but someone had to leave.

I'm the only Titan here, so a Titan will be incredibly useful.

Ps4 gdt5016

You are a sword master guardian!

It will only get easier from here.

What time is it for you now? Must be late no?

You don't necessarily need a blinding bubble right? The bubbles won't let the Knights shoot even if they're not blind. I wonder if it'll work for Titans who don't have saint-14

It's always been like that unfortunately. They added "rapidly" to try and indicate that ever since they reworded the Cleansing Light bounty for example, but alas...

I think we can do the strategy in the video. Of course we can make adjustments based on the tools at our disposal

You don't necessarily need a blinding bubble right? The bubbles won't let the Knights shoot even if they're not blind. I wonder if it'll work for Titans who don't have saint-14

You're right they can't shoot, but then your bubble placement is more demanding. You want to make sure you get as close to that edge as possible.

Seeing all these requests for one more in Crota HM is killing me, as I am on the train heading home. I'll be on in 30 minutes, though, refreshing DestinyGAF religiously. Ha!

recks

Did you happen to get a video?
Yeah I saved it, will upload it later. That's what we do:

1. Clear the adds on both sides
2. Regroup at left door
3. Get out jump to center ledge and nuke the swordbearer
4. Sniper only kills the boomer close to Crota, so no wizards spawns
4,5. Sword user call rockets and hits him x2
5. Sword user runs inside building and taunts crota
5,5. Everyone goes to the left ledge (Titan bubble helps here)
6. When crota moves to the center nuke the Swordbearer again
7. Repeat phase 4.
8. Everyone runs to right side and kill the ogres (It's ok if you only kill 1)
9. When crota goes middle team rotates to left side and clean up adds / ogres
10. Wait till crota moves center again and repeat 4.

General tip for any sword bearer

When you're going to call out when to fire rockets at Crota, please use a brief countdown. A simple 3..2..1..fire would be great, I don't care how fast you say it, it'll give me a bit of reaction time to make sure I can switch to my heavy weapon.

Similarly, you should be able to start the countdown when Crota first stands up. By the time you say Fire his invulnerability should be gone.

Top Bottom