• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Tl;dr verison
Grave " all these glitches, bugs and bullshit level scaling are a poor design"
Hawk " I understand your pov but I feel out of touch with the comminuty, grave should handle the community thread now since he's more I touch with everyone"

Thank you thank you thank you for the Checkpoint. Now after I glimmer farm I'll get my Titan to 32 as well.

I'm thinking the ideal team would be a mixture of:

• 2x Saint Helm Bubble Titans with SUROS/Red Death
  • 3x Apothesis Veil Sunsingers with Gjallarhorns
  • 1x Hunter with blink strike for Sword.

I would prefer to have a Red Death to try out (why did I never buy it?!?) but I've never actually quantified how much health a SUROS Regime returns. In fact, I forgot it even did.

It depends on the way you want to do it.

I'm personally very interesting in the idea of standing on the other side of the center window, and having 2 titans charge Crota together.

Basically, avoid all boomers. Kill sword bearer. Both titans jump straight up in front of crota, not to the side. 2nd Titan drops bubble to protect from boomers. The timing here will give you 9 RT/R2 swings per sword. 18 swings will kill him. Don't even have to deal with ogres.

Requires very pinpoint accuracy, but would be all about timing and ammo, and less about add management.

Drizz's team will get it. I ran with them and we got SO close so many times, literally one extra R1 swipe in any of the earlier ones would have finished him. Wish I was with them again to finish it off with the team! But they were the original crew. I know they'll get it. A fresh day and all will be good.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It depends on the way you want to do it.

I'm personally very interesting in the idea of standing on the other side of the center window, and having 2 titans charge Crota together.

Basically, avoid all boomers. Kill sword bearer. Both titans jump straight up in front of crota, not to the side. 2nd Titan drops bubble to protect from boomers. The timing here will give you 9 RT/R2 swings per sword. 18 swings will kill him. Don't even have to deal with ogres.

Requires very pinpoint accuracy, but would be all about timing and ammo, and less about add management.

This was the method I read about in a Reddit post. Seems like it would work well.

As a level 31 with no Gjallahorn am I pretty much hosed when it comes to completing HM Crota?

The ballerhorn isn't the problem. Getting his shields down is easy nowadays. Being 2 levels below the mobs would definitely be a problem.

Okay, but how many videos have you seen taking down Crota on Hard Mode involve dealing with Ogres a second time? It seems approaching the timer based enrage is pretty rare, thus, you have time to miss a sword..

We got 2nd Ogres after 3rd sword at least once or twice. It was also not uncommon to happen during normal mode. I talked about it in my super insane long flow chart encounter design break down post a while back. Ogres can even come after the first sword, both in normal and HM.

Are you streaming driz? We will get all of Destiny gaf to cheer you on!

How much upload is needed to ensure it doesn't fuck anything up? I can check mine but I'm worried that it did/could make lag worse...

I'm looking for 1 person to do crota on HM. Not the entire raid, just crota.

1.greyblade
2. Greyblades friend
3.grimlock33
4.arekkusu77
5.theflyingpigeon
PSN is greyblade

Edit: full

Bogeypop

How much upload is needed to ensure it doesn't fuck anything up? I can check mine but I'm worried that it did/could make lag worse...

Don't stream shit. The lag is not worth it. Just win.

I agree with LiK, but if you're dead set on streaming at "Best HD" option it uses 2500 kbs, and it's always recommended never to go beyond 80% of your maximum upload speed so you'd need at least 3100 kbs minimum upload to stream without problems.

We got 2nd Ogres after 3rd sword at least once or twice. It was also not uncommon to happen during normal mode. I talked about it in my super insane long flow chart encounter design break down post a while back. Ogres can even come after the first sword, both in normal and HM.

Interesting, I haven't actually heard of this happening before.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Like I said, fucking troll. A shader that looks worse than the one from normal.

KQLdOLI.jpg

As a level 31 with no Gjallahorn am I pretty much hosed when it comes to completing HM Crota?

Not entirely. Most groups right now, yea. But If you're a Titan, you can get lucky into a group. I was accidentally 31 a few times from swapping out boots to keep my heavy ammo, and I only knew once when a boomer hit took more health than usual.

But overall, the extra hits you can take as a 32 vs 31 definitely helps because you can't regain unless you have suros/red death, or a hunter/titan super.

blazeuk

The worst part of spending the entire day doing hard mode CE (and a few hours yesterday) is that all I got from it was energy and that shader, no weapons dropped for me at all.

The nightmare is finally over though!

I know everyone here is hot about the hard mode, but Is there a good (<-- key word here...there's plenty of raid videos, but most of them are garbage) tutorial video for Crota's End normally. Like one where people discuss proper strategy? I want to do it with a pick up group and not seem like an idiot. Also, it might be good to at least know what the cheese methods are (if they still exist?)

Top Bottom