• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Steroyd

It was an overwhelmingly bad day for 99% of us yesterday. Tensions were through the roof. A decent number of us are now completing it after a night's sleep (whether good or bad, leave that to be unknown). Things that do this to people, it just takes some time. Having a lot of people look up to you isn't at all an easy thing. There's definitely pressure but Hawkian has assumed that role and has done an excellent job. Yesterday definitely hit a rough patch but I hope it doesn't deter him from this great the best community. Come back!

The glitches have eased up immensely compared to yesterday, except on our last run when our swordbearer died of unnatural causes.

Great post, this point is pretty important. I recently rewatched an interview with DeeJ where he reiterated the line that every weapon should have a story and that gamers should be able to remember the great feats that were overcome to land a particular piece of loot. He specifically calls out a hypothetical situation that "I got this gun, when I beat this mission on Mars at the highest level of difficulty" etc....

What he fails to acknowledge or gets lost in this is that millions of people completed the same Heroic feat and beat the mission, yet only a tiny fraction got something really cool or exciting from it. Couple this with the fact that others get top tier drops from AFKing in crucible or happen to load into a Nightfall as the killing blow is made and the "Epic Stories" we have collecting loot are as much RNG as the loot itself.

some of my latest Exotic drops were not gained through hard feats of epicness.

1 was out of a Blue Engram decoded by the Cryptarch. An icebreaker popped out, yeay? I just bought one 4 days ago, lol

1 was given to me in one of my most embarrassing losses in the Iron Banner. Yay!! I got an Hawkmoon as consolation prize for playing one my worst Iron Banner matches ever.

Get a high kill count in Nightfall................................ coins lol

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
GAF rage at CE Hard yesterday.

Isn't that part of being in a community as well, though? Discussing the criticisms as well as the positives? I'm confused as to why Hawkian is so perturbed by the valid frustration with clear problems present in the raid.

Did yall get it?!
Almost we had two runs back to back, when he enrages due to low health. Then the swordbearer fell off the rocks + couldn't make it up, somone killed the Knights so a wizard appear killing the swordbearer before the final killing blow. Then like I previous stated the swordbearer suddenly died Without any Knights shooting him + crota was on his knees. Frankly people had to get going so that's where drizzay is at as of now. Think I am on a break for real this time. Best wishes DestinyGAF :)

Hopefully Xur brings us another good haul like last week otherwise I feel like the thread will implode again like it did yesterday lol
I'm actually looking for warlock gloves. After months of having nothing but Sun breakers ours dk I need more to get my lock to 32 do her can join the others

Are you guys only wanting 32s to join? I really wanna give hard mode a try but I cant lie Ive only been through the normal mode a few times. I'm 31 but I'd love to give it a go if people dont mind

Stantron

This seems like a solid strategy.

Would killing only one boomer knight from both left and right ledge still keep the wizard from spawning? If so, then the team should probably do that as soon as they go to the center. Maybe kill the ones closest to Crota. Not sure if that matters much.

Titan bubble may want to be spec'ed for producing orbs when taking damage so that more than two orbs are generated. Then again, two may be enough to get the super on the second set of Crota hits.

Would weapons of light make the sword wielder do more damage?

Also, I wonder if the suppression grenade would do anything to the boomer knights? If so, the Titan that follows the sword carrier can lob one to the ledge during downing Crota.

kidko

Hawkian seemed to take pride in shepherding a happy, healthy community here.

When the thread takes a frothy, bitchy whiny complain-y nasty tone, he probably feels like he should step in and help soothe, which is usually futile during big hate-storms like that.

Thus, I imagine he gets frustrated at feeling like he's "running" a community that he finds himself on the fringes of.

zewone

Isn't that part of being in a community as well, though? Discussing the criticisms as well as the positives? I'm confused as to why Hawkian is so perturbed by the valid frustration with clear problems present in the raid.

He doesn't like the language some people use towards Bungie. Makes him uncomfortable.

We've got an easy 2 sword, no ogre strat down cold just execution and bullshit laggy glitch nonsense is holding it up.

Has Bungie/Deej/Urk chimed in on this thread at all since HM dropped? Hopefully he/they will at some point because they are losing the community big time here, which is saying a lot considering how much crap we've put up with so far.

Also, thanks for sharing the Hawkian post!

gdt

Need 1 Titan at Crota. We got a great strategy just gotta execute it.

Ps4 gdt5016

Can't believe I gotta specify classes. Blocking boomers needs 2 bubbles though. I got saint 14.

We've got an easy 2 sword, no ogre strat down cold just execution and bullshit laggy glitch nonsense is holding it up.

Has Bungie/Deej/Urk chimed in on this thread at all since HM dropped? Hopefully he/they will at some point because they are losing the community big time here, which is saying a lot considering how much crap we've put up with so far.

Also, thanks for sharing the Hawkian post!

Yeah there are some major issues.

1. Sword dissapearing after Swordbearer dies
2. Not able to pick up the sword
3. Path finding issues for Swordbearer and weird teleports
4. Crota melee killing Swordbearer when he has no shield and should be kneeling
5. Crota having no animation and killing the Swordbearer

Not to mention the usual issues that persist everywhere in the game but really suck here like the heavy ammo bug and such.

Almost we had two runs back to back, when he enrages due to low health. Then the swordbearer fell off the rocks + couldn't make it up, somone killed the Knights so a wizard appear killing the swordbearer before the final killing blow. Then like I previous stated the swordbearer suddenly died Without any Knights shooting him + crota was on his knees. Frankly people had to get going so that's where drizzay is at as of now. Think I am on a break for real this time. Best wishes DestinyGAF :)

Aww man. Sad to see you go. But a break is probably the best. I'm attempting again after work but definitely going casual after this to just nightfall/weekly to get some good RPG playing time.

gdt

He doesn't like the language some people use towards Bungie. Makes him uncomfortable.

It bothers me too really. They are people that are probably genuinely trying to make something enjoyable. Tough, and grindy to get there, but they are people man. It's not like they are evil dudes planning on how to fuck us all. If they let us down I don't think it's from lack of trying IMO.

That said we need more content -_-

Aww man. Sad to see you go. But a break is probably the best. I'm attempting again after work but definitely going casual after this to just nightfall/weekly to get some good RPG playing time.

Nooo00000OOooo!!!

Crota is wrecking our crew worse than Eris'

=(

What makes me always come back to Destiny is this amazing community. I hope we can play other games for those that do move on for a bit or awhile.

Need 1 Titan at Crota. We got a great strategy just gotta execute it.

Ps4 gdt5016

Can't believe I gotta specify classes. Blocking boomers needs 2 bubbles though. I got saint 14.

I can join, but if we dont beat him in 30 minutes I gotta leave to join Cosmos group. Is that ok?

Hawkian seemed to take pride in shepherding a happy, healthy community here.

When the thread takes a frothy, bitchy whiny complain-y nasty tone, he probably feels like he should step in and help soothe, which is usually futile during big hate-storms like that.

Thus, I imagine he gets frustrated at feeling like he's "running" a community that he finds himself on the fringes of.

Yeah, he would probably be better off stepping back during flair ups and just let people vent. I don't think he is on the fringe at all, he just has a tendency to find all of the silver linings, and grave is passionate and doesn't hold back. Everyone else is somewhere in the middle.

I hope neither takes something said during the shit storm that was yesterday to heart. Both are awesome guys.

Now I have to read all of last night's posts.

R0ckman

It bothers me too really. They are people that are probably genuinely trying to make something enjoyable. Tough, and grindy to get there, but they are people man. It's not like they are evil dudes planning on how to fuck us all. If they let us down I don't think it's from lack of trying IMO.

Eeeehhhhh I don't know, they were quick to fix cheeses almost ALL serious bugs are still intact.

Qwell

Yeah there are some major issues.

1. Sword dissapearing after Swordbearer dies
2. Not able to pick up the sword
3. Path finding issues for Swordbearer and weird teleports
4. Crota melee killing Swordbearer when he has no shield and should be kneeling
5. Crota having no animation and killing the Swordbearer

Not to mention the usual issues that persist everywhere in the game but really suck here like the heavy ammo bug and such.
On Tuesday I found a new glitch

6. Crota shield not taking damage at all
7. Crota not kneeling ... just immediately going into "orange invincible shield" but it lasting for a good 15 seconds.

Dunlop

Hawkian's guide is what got me back the first time I quit at 24

on that note...I just came back and bought the expansion of few minutes ago.

I know Xur is here tomorrow and I have not idea how the new gear dynamic works

Here is the guy I want to level (my son's Titan..ended up liking more than my Warlock)

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018429276394/2305843009224760674#gear

What do I need to do with Xur to properly level up my gear? I really wish this game had a proper tutorial system after you hit 20

I'll run the new quests tonight/tomorrow but from what I read it is not very long

zewone

In all honesty, I don't agree with how angry some people get at Bungie. But it doesn't bother me.

If that's how they feel, that's how they feel. You can't change that.

Waldini

SO, what happend here GAF?

So much outrage cause of the glitch infested, boring as hell, lazy Hard Raid?

People actually quit Destiny thanks to this "brilliantly" designed Raid?

gdt

Eeeehhhhh I don't know, they were quick to fix cheeses almost ALL serious bugs are still intact.

They feel cheeses are more important.

Honestly the only bug tht consistently fucks me is the heavy ammo bug. Haven't experienced any of other major bugs. Sword despawns sometimes. I've seen it less than 10 times since launch.

Niwa

So I created my 3rd character in Destiny and rewatched the story scenes but still dont have a clue what the whole plot is about?! Like, what is going on?

You are a guardian, alright?
You guard the traveler and the last city of mankind, ok.
There are the fallen, cabal, hive and vex.
There is a queen in a spaceship graveyard that commands fallen and knows her shit.
You need to stop the darkness that is the end of all mankind (in this case, the vex as ultimate evil?)
You get a weapon that is far more advanced than anything ever made, lore-wise.
Also the war still goes on.

And yeah my problem with the whole plot is, that it is more like a filler arc of any manga instead of the actual canon.

R0ckman

They feel cheeses are more important.

Honestly the only bug tht consistently fucks me is the heavy ammo bug. Haven't experienced any of other major bugs. Sword despawns sometimes. I've seen it less than 10 times since launch.

Which arguably aren't bugs, if they fixed the bugs, exploits would most likely stop or people would be more open to legit strats. I've seen the sword glitch many times in hard and normal. It's about on par with the Vex portal glitch.

The biggest mystery I failed to solve doing the hard mode raid:

How the heck do those Ogres fit through those doors they come out of at the Bridge section and at Crota!?!?

Top Bottom