• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Nooo00000OOooo!!!

Crota is wrecking our crew worse than Eris'

=(

What makes me always come back to Destiny is this amazing community. I hope we can play other games for those that do move on for a bit or awhile.

Most if not all of our regular raid crew will definitely be switching into Bloodborne mode once that drops.

Once we get HM Crota down once I don't think we will play it again until HoW drops, just do normal mode Crota (maybe) for exotic/helmet chances. HoW could win us back of course but otherwise we'll be someplace else for the foreseeable future. Myself definitely included.

kidko

Which arguably aren't bugs, if they fixed the bugs, exploits would most likely stop or people would be more open to legit strats. I've seen the sword glitch many times in hard and normal. It's about on par with the Vex portal glitch.

People will always cheese for easy loot

Nooo00000OOooo!!!

Crota is wrecking our crew worse than Eris'

=(

What makes me always come back to Destiny is this amazing community. I hope we can play other games for those that do move on for a bit or awhile.

I really want them to fix things like losing heavy ammo and not getting it via synth when inventory is full, caps, glimmer, vault and inventory space, etc.

These things are relatively small but they make huge differences.

I definitely will check out HoW since I have the season pass and I really hope they fix the real issues rather than spending their time fixing cheeses. Cheeses are good to fix but comes 2nd to problems mentioned above, imo.

Bogeypop

Most if not all of our regular raid crew will definitely be switching into Bloodborne mode once that drops.

Once we get HM Crota down once I don't think we will play it again until HoW drops, just do normal mode Crota (maybe) for exotic/helmet chances. HoW could win us back of course but otherwise we'll be someplace else for the foreseeable future. Myself definitely included.

Destiny |OT 16| Even Bloodboune's Chalice Dungeon Has No Chalice

djblue89

Doing the bounty to get the Bad Juju, how fast can I get the 25 strikes done ? I mean I can run 25 times the Moon Strike, but is there any way that would be a bit faster ?

Dwalls

Neo Member
Maybe not quit, but some people are definitely taking a break for the foreseeable future.

Add me to the list. My regular non gaf crew just called it - and I understand why. This game asks so much time and dedication and gives so little enjoyment in return. Somehow hitting our head against this lame hard mode of a raid has killed what little enjoyment was left. We've decided to take a break until house of wolves comes out at which point we might return run it once and lay the game to rest forever more after. I'm kind of glad too, I was wasting too much of my time playing this boring repetitive slog of a game - now I'll have time to go back to playing my backlog for fun instead of being bound by some code of honour to keep grinding into a black void.

Palocca

Doing the bounty to get the Bad Juju, how fast can I get the 25 strikes done ? I mean I can run 25 times the Moon Strike, but is there any way that would be a bit faster ?

Moon strike? I would do nexus, by far the fastest strike. I think the weekly counts for 2 or 3 strikes or something.

Frostburn

I'd be down for a full normal CE run on my 31 Titan this evening, or give HM CE a shot on my 32 Warlock. Would want to do a fresh for HM.

I need to run Normal on my 31 Warlock for helm/chest and 31 Titan for shards so I can get them to 32 still. I'd be down for a normal run tonight.

Fastest strike is usually Nexus. Or, for that bounty, I believe the Nightfall counts as three strikes, and Weekly Heroic counts as two, if you'd rather grind those out.

Qwell

I personally always found the Nexus strike to be the fastest, it helped that during one of my Bad JuJu bounties the weekly was Nexus with Void I think it was.

Add me to the list. My regular non gaf crew just called it - and I understand why. This game asks so much time and dedication and gives so little enjoyment in return. Somehow hitting our head against this lame hard mode of a raid has killed what little enjoyment was left. We've decided to take a break until house of wolves comes out at which point we might return run it once and lay the game to rest forever more after. I'm kind of glad too, I was wasting too much of my time playing this boring repetitive slog of a game - now I'll have time to go back to playing my backlog for fun instead of being bound by some code of honour to keep grinding into a black void.

I took 16 hours and 70 heavy synth to beat hard mode. The only new thing I got was the Glowhoo shader...

A great example of how this game doesn't respect your time. Not one weapon from the whole raid.

Waldini

Cant believe my eyes. Hard Mode Crota is pushing people to take a brake. Brakes that are taken thanks to an extremely frustrating Raid.

Take note Bungie. Hard Mode should be an enjoyable experience. Not this shitfest it is now. Be kind to your community, never drive them away.

djblue89

I personally always found the Nexus strike to be the fastest, it helped that during one of my Bad JuJu bounties the weekly was Nexus with Void I think it was.

Thanks for the help everyone, I will try to do the Weekly's since I would only need to do 12 instead of 25 :p

maybe its me but i find it more beneficial to just run ROC strikes

upgrade cryptarch.. get strange coins.. possibly legendary engrams.. even exotics

doing the nexus is faster sure but you won't get much rewards otherwise

They feel cheeses are more important.

Honestly the only bug tht consistently fucks me is the heavy ammo bug. Haven't experienced any of other major bugs. Sword despawns sometimes. I've seen it less than 10 times since launch.

You are luckier than others then, or at least luckier than us by far. Just wiped our last run because Crota "killed" the sword runner with no animation while kneeling when the immune shield popped up. I can upload a clip later.

It's not just about the glitches, at all. TDB is one of the laziest excuses for content "expansion" I've ever seen, the most flagrant example of disc-locked "DLC" I can think of for sure. CE is terribly designed and a very poor excuse for a supposed "raid," as I've talked about many times around here. As much as I want to continue helping this community I need to take a step away from the game for my own well being, if I plan to continue participating in future expansions (and I sincerely hope that Bungie can "win" me and my teammates back, but that is up to them).

darthbob

upgrade cryptarch.. get strange coins.. possibly legendary engrams.. even exotics

This. Doing some Vanguard Roc and listening to some tasty jams is the way to do it.

Anyone need the nf and weekly? Add me PSN Gav8in

Can my totally underleveled 29 Warlock get some of that done?

djblue89

what is ROC ? I've seen it many times but have no clue what it means :p

hydruxo

What's so good about it? I have it and it's damage is more in like Aetheon's Ep.

Focused Fire perk (slows down RoF but does more damage) is what makes it good, and it has slightly higher impact than AE does. It's definitely a more useable gun than Atheons.

Dazzler

So I created my 3rd character in Destiny and rewatched the story scenes but still dont have a clue what the whole plot is about?! Like, what is going on?

You are a guardian, alright?
You guard the traveler and the last city of mankind, ok.
There are the fallen, cabal, hive and vex.
There is a queen in a spaceship graveyard that commands fallen and knows her shit.
You need to stop the darkness that is the end of all mankind (in this case, the vex as ultimate evil?)
You get a weapon that is far more advanced than anything ever made, lore-wise.
Also the war still goes on.

And yeah my problem with the whole plot is, that it is more like a filler arc of any manga instead of the actual canon.

My Warlock alt sits at level 10 because I can't skip these dumb story scenes and don't want to watch them again

Dazzler

This. Doing some Vanguard Roc and listening to some tasty jams is the way to do it.

Can my totally underleveled 29 Warlock get some of that done?

honestly, my favourite gaming activity right now is doing just that. I find it so relaxing just listening to podcasts/tunes and grinding out strikes

Top Bottom