• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Bogeypop

Wait, what'd I miss?

Because Hawkian's the Gurdian DestinyGAF deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Cryptarch's Bane.

Supposedly he wants to hand the reigns of DestinyGAF to Graverobber since he feels he's out of touch with the community. Though the optimist in me just thinks he's just busy and not actually AWOL like a lot of people believe.

Deku Tree

Yes! That's why we must get him back here!

Hawkian hasn't posted on GAF since 3:41am when he said this:

But I won't ever get it, and more of you agree with and share GraveRobber's frame of reference than mine. I have the utmost respect for that. Truthfully, it makes more sense for him to be the custodian of this subcommunity than me. Times like these, it just scares me how out of touch I am. He will do a better job of representing your interests than I will.

Along with a lot of other stuff... I hope Hawkian comes back soon.

R0ckman

He didn't say he was giving up the OT, just that he felt uncomfortable running it due to the recent community response and thought maybe someone else would be better suited.

Keep it up Hawkian, you are doing a great job.

I don't understand. What does running the OT have to do with people complaining (in some cases hyperbolically) about serious problems in the game?

Taking a 5-10 minute break then looking for 3 more for Crota.

Strat is down pat, HM Crota is on the farm, just need to execute it. Then never do this fight again until HoW drops.

R0ckman

I know! We must get him back. We can't lose our OT leader!

What would make a good community leader then? Someone who will keep record of the flaws and frustration in a reasonable manner while not at a foundation or predisposition of defending the general game? I'm confused at what is the issue? How is he out of touch?

So the swordbearer suddenly "died" no knights were shooting him and crota just had his shield broken and was on his knees. Honesty that doesnt make me angry or upset. Meh whatever...

What would make a good community leader then? Someone who will keep record of the flaws and frustration in a reasonable manner while not at a foundation or predisposition of defending the general game? I'm confused at what is the issue? How is he out of touch?

He has done so much for us here and is so good at helping people out.

Retuuuuurn to us!

We got 3 ppl needing to go

Edit: PSN is greyblade

Ok, we can get your team in there if you still have 3 available right now and you were the first response. Go ahead and reply to this post or join my game (DrDrizzay101) if you see me on there and are still good to go with 3.

If one of your 3 has GHorn that would be nice but I really don't think even that is necessary. 2 of the 3 who just had to drop were just doing Tower Knight duty with IceBs and Hungers, so no biggie.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

No offense to Hawkian, who has done a lot for the community, but I think the whole thing is kinda silly. It's just a game!

Edit: Ah, top of the page, SUCH PRESSURE. HI MOM.

It was an overwhelmingly bad day for 99% of us yesterday. Tensions were through the roof. A decent number of us are now completing it after a night's sleep (whether good or bad, leave that to be unknown). Things that do this to people, it just takes some time. Having a lot of people look up to you isn't at all an easy thing. There's definitely pressure but Hawkian has assumed that role and has done an excellent job. Yesterday definitely hit a rough patch but I hope it doesn't deter him from this great the best community. Come back!

Didn't someone post earlier today that graverobber should take over?
Maybe it upset him?
How not because we can't go on without our fearless leader

I didn't see that. I didn't know we could mutiny like that! Haha

From sword school to the OTs he is invaluable here and makes this place great. It would be sad to see him go :/

I replied to Grave that he pretty much nailed the issues. But whatever the tone he took is his own and just because people agree doesn't mean we all have the same view of the game and Bungie.

Ok, we can get your team in there if you still have 3 available right now and you were the first response. Go ahead and reply to this post or join my game (DrDrizzay101) if you see me on there and are still good to go with 3.

If one of your 3 has GHorn that would be nice but I really don't think even that is necessary. 2 of the 3 who just had to drop were just doing Tower Knight duty with IceBs and Hungers, so no biggie.

I've got the horn. Accepted fr as well.

Does anyone know which post # was Hawkians? I saw GRobber's big post but have missed many pages of the OT recently.

I fully support #HawkforPresident if he is still wanting to do it, he is "one of us" no matter what. But obviously that's up to him and GRobber to decide.

hydruxo

Hopefully Xur brings us another good haul like last week otherwise I feel like the thread will implode again like it did yesterday lol

Does anyone know which post # was Hawkians? I saw GRobber's big post but have missed many pages of the OT recently.

I fully support #HawkforPresident if he is still wanting to do it, he is "one of us" no matter what. But obviously that's up to him and GRobber to decide.

Got kicked, about to get back in.

Top Bottom